Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

Discus and support Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rdalcroft, May 13, 2020.

1. /u/rdalcroft
    /u/rdalcroft Guest

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum?

I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I have just sent mine in for repair under warranty.

But this could have been easily fixed by Microsoft for most of us, as my drift was only about 10%,

Their software is great for configuring and adjusting the movement profile of the stick. But for some reason they decided not to include the ability to create a dead zone.

I would have been quite happy to not send my controller back, as my drift was only 10%, so if I could have created a dead zone at 10%, then my stick drift issue would have been corrected. And I could have lived with the 10% reduction in movement, as it would be barely noticeable.

I hope you read this Microsoft!! And really from your pointy of view, its a no brainer to do this, as it must be costing you a fortune in returns..

submitted by /u/rdalcroft
    [link] [comments]

/u/rdalcroft, May 13, 2020
  2. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
  3. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Borderlands 3 character continually tracks to the right when I'm trying to be stationary.

What is the fix?
    This sounds like stick drift, if it's only happening on Borderlands 3, then it's likely just a slight amount of stick drift. Have a look in the Borderlands 3 controller settings, and see if you can adjust the 'Dead Zones' for the analogue sticks, that should
    help temporarily.

But ultimately for stick drift, there's no easy/quick fix, because it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. If your controller is still under warranty, then it may be worth looking into whether you can get it repaired/replaced. Otherwise you may need
    to find a third party repair person.
  5. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Xbox controller drift, on an elite controller!?

For me, adjusting the dead zones worked. Go into the Xbox accessories app and increase the dead zone range. If you have to adjust it a lot to counter the drift, you can always increase the joystick sensitivity in game to counter the dead zone.

Let me know if this was helpful by leaving an upvote!
  6. wewelittelbares Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
Thema:

1. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Elite Controller

2. Microsoft sent me a Elite controller with nothing else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sent me a Elite controller with nothing else: So in the first week of March I purchased my first Elite Series 2 Controller. Within two weeks it progressively acted as if I was pushing UP on the D-pad constantly. So I figured "Okay, np, I've...
  3. Unable to Register Elite Controller on Microsoft Device Services

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Register Elite Controller on Microsoft Device Services: I have been trying to register my Elite Controller 2 on my devices on my Microsoft account. I have attempted multiple times to enter the serial number and add the device but it is not working....
  4. How can I purchase Microsoft Complete for Elite Controller 2? Support is passing me in circles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I purchase Microsoft Complete for Elite Controller 2? Support is passing me in circles.: I cant seem to find a way to add on Microsoft complete for my elite controller 2. Through the store app it tells me I have to contact support, I contact them who tell me I need to speak with the...
  5. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...: I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I have just sent mine in for repair under warranty. But this could have been easily fixed by...
  6. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  7. Microsoft Order Pending (Xbox Elite Controller Series 2)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Order Pending (Xbox Elite Controller Series 2): So for about a week my order has been pending. I have looked on the forums about this issue and a lot of people were having the same problem, especially with the elite series 2. Numerous of...
  8. When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?: Does anyone know when Microsoft Will have more Elite Series 2 controllers? I ordered one last week and I was charged for it but no shipping/tracking number to date. I know they were out of stock...
  9. Why is Microsoft screwing elite controller 2 purchasers. HORRIBLE customer service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft screwing elite controller 2 purchasers. HORRIBLE customer service: First of all just to speak to a human is a nightmare. When i do get them theyre ZERO help. They repeat the same few sentences like robots. One week past warranty and all microsoft says is buy a...
  10. Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently: I've had this series 2 elite controller since Nov, this last week it is disconnected from my xbox one x intermittently, I have to re-sync the controller with the xbox to get connected again. I've...