Microsoft Family changing roles Member/Organizer

Discus and support Microsoft Family changing roles Member/Organizer in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, how can I change the current role/permission I have from member to organizer in a Microsoft Family group? 76b536a2-e2c8-4829-830c-88172cbe11a9 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LeonardoArmando, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family changing roles Member/Organizer

Hi, how can I change the current role/permission I have from member to organizer in a Microsoft Family group?

:)

LeonardoArmando, Apr 23, 2020
  2. GRainey Win User

I have this same question....

I added another account to be the organizer, but now I need to change the original organizer to show as just a member.
  3. #7#7 Win User

I was hacked a couple of days ago through son's xBox. Person set up xBox organizer under bogus account name. How do I remove or change it.?
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

You have two roles in a family.

Parent (adult)- Has to be an account that has a DOB when the account was originally setup that is over the age of majority (18 in most countries). This type of account has control over ANY child that is in the family.

Child- this is normally an account that the DOB on the account is under the age of majority and as long as that DOB is below the age of majority it is by law required to be in a family with an adult account.

As far as Xbox profiles are concerned the DOB on a Microsoft (MS) account when it is originally setup is set in stone and can not be changed even if you go into the MS account website and change the DOB on the account it will still see the DOB when it was
    originally setup as the DOB for the profile on the Xbox.

So with this information in mind what exactly are you trying to do?
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you all again and happy gaming!
  6. RimRockRanches Win User

I have the same question but in reverse. All of our Microsoft Family members are currently "Organizers" and I would like to change some of them to "Members" but I can't find a way to change it from current roles. The only option I'm able to click is
    'remove from family group'
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family changing roles Member/Organizer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family changing

2. How do I buy xbox live for a family member on my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I buy xbox live for a family member on my Microsoft Account: Please can someone tell me how I buy my family member (child) xbox live? When I go through this on her console (logged in as her) I get to a message 'ask a parent' but I cant get any further than...
  3. Xbox One X and Microsoft Family not synced...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X and Microsoft Family not synced...: 1) Xbox is fine... 2) Microsoft family (webpage) is not synced with xbox, as earlier i had blocked some games from my kids and now they're not visible on microsoft family.... even some unblocked...
  4. Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings: My son is getting this message "Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings" every time he opens the Microsoft Store on his XBox One S. I have looked through all of the family settings and...
  5. Microsoft family time limit across all games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft family time limit across all games.: I'm trying to set up a brand new family and I have a question about screen time limits. I see that you can set it up so that your children can use the X-Box only during a certain period of time of...
  6. Microsoft Store Purhases and Family Sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Purhases and Family Sharing: I want to purchase Minecraft from the Microsoft Store for my children to play on their PCs. I have already set up Family Sharing and was wondering the following: 1) If I purchase it can both of...
  7. Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content.: Recently, I am having trouble with Microsoft family and the ability to share games/dlc. Issue 1: I am being denied access to destiny 2 shadowkeep/ forsaken content if the family member who...
  8. Microsoft family restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family restrictions: I have no family restrictions on my Xbox one account (I checked with my dad, I'm 16 btw) but if I try to play games such as Black ops 4 it tells me I need to ask an adult in my Microsoft family,...
  9. Microsoft Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family: My account had a family member on it but no that it has been remove i still cant change anything on my main account because it says it needs to be an adult account but i know it is and adult...
  10. My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account: My account must be classified as a Child account because when I go to account.xbox.com I'm redirected to microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings, apparently because...