Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing

Discus and support Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay so I invited my cousin to my Microsoft family so that he could share my Gamepass Ultimate subscription but every time he tries downloading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris7999, May 6, 2021.

1. Chris7999
    Chris7999 Guest

Okay so I invited my cousin to my Microsoft family so that he could share my Gamepass Ultimate subscription but every time he tries downloading gamepass games it says that he does not have the subscription. I don't know why this is the case because the Microsoft family sharing works just fine for me and my brother. Is this a bug or is there something intentional put into place that I'm not aware of?

:)

Chris7999, May 6, 2021
  2. Chris7999 Win User

Adding someone to the "family" doesn't give them access to anything. The only way to share GPU is to have the account with the subscription sign in to whichever console you wish to share to.
    But my brothers account is in the Microsoft family and that's how he gets Gamepass Ultimate. We don't use the home Xbox function to share Gamepass with each other.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Adding someone to the "family" doesn't give them access to anything. The only way to share GPU is to have the account with the subscription sign in to whichever console you wish to share to. Then the account with GPU will make that console the Home console. That will allow all users on that console to use GPU. Just know that only one console can be set as an account's Home console.
  4. Chris7999 Win User

Thank you for replying, I will have to wait for a response from my cousin to see if this worked. I will get back to you with the results.
  5. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr1 Win User

I share gamepass with my son and its suddenly stopped me from accessing games fatals answere is wrong as it was xbox support who set it up for us and its worked fine up until today
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello @Chris7999, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe you have but a little issue with changing profiles on your console. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The first step you will need to follow is to ensure that your home console is set up correctly, so please follow the link bellow:

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support

After you make sure that the account you have the subscription on is set up correctly please sign out or switch profile, then sign in with the account that does not own the subscription.

The second step is to make sure that you are signed in with two different profiles.

Please make sure that the profile that does not own the subscription is the one signed in on the console you made the home xbox. As for the account that owns the subscription can be signed on the other console.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Gamepass

2. Microsoft Family Features and Asking for permission for Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Features and Asking for permission for Xbox Game Pass: I just got the Xbox game pass for $1 and wanted to play games from the library. I am having a problem with playing the games as every time I click "play" it tells meI must ask for permission to...
  3. Is it illegal to impersonate someones else family member who works at Microsoft or any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it illegal to impersonate someones else family member who works at Microsoft or any...: So someone has threatened to ban me over an Xbox live chat and has claimed his family member works here. He kept telling me his uncle would report this to Microsoft and sort this out. He also...
  4. Add Xbox to family microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add Xbox to family microsoft account: Is it possible to add an Xbox One device to a family Microsoft account remotely using a PC. And if so, then can someone explain what I have to do? 667be646-68f5-4613-b944-5c6add01706c
  5. Microsoft Family Xbox Screen Time Bypass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Family Xbox Screen Time Bypass: One of my kiddos supervenes Microsoft Family "screen time" limits with a second xbox account. He signs into his first live account, then piggy backs off of the service provided by it on the...
  6. Microsoft Family Email Notifications - Disabling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Family Email Notifications - Disabling: Hi, How can I disable the Microsoft Family email notifications for all parental accounts in my account. I am using the Microsoft Family App which is working well, but I'm getting multiple alerts...
  7. Microsoft Family Screen Time - Provide a reminder in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Family Screen Time - Provide a reminder in game: Hi, The Screen Time functionality is great as it provides a control mechanism for screen time for children. As its a fight to get them off the console sometimes the screen time helps. However,...
  8. Xbox gamebar not blocked Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamebar not blocked Microsoft Family Safety: Hi, I was wondering why the Xbox Gamebar isn't included in the apps for Content Restrictions. I don't want my child to be able to chat/call unless I allow them to. What's the point of blocking...
  9. Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft: I am getting SERIOUSLY fed up with this whole console and company. Hey Microsoft. Yeah I'm talking to you. You need to fix this. Now. My 14 year old is on my family right? But I allow him to...
  10. Microsoft/family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft/family: I've recently took my son out of my microsoft family and added him back because I realized I put him as an organizer. (He's put as a child now) the problem Im having tho is Content access, I've...