microsoft family privacy settings

Discus and support microsoft family privacy settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, I want to play minecraft multiplayer, but I have to update some settings to do so. When I go to privacy settings, I get a different site... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PepijnSchut, Jan 24, 2022.

1. PepijnSchut
    PepijnSchut Guest

Hi there,
    I want to play minecraft multiplayer, but I have to update some settings to do so.
    When I go to privacy settings, I get a different site stating that i can't change settings.
    I want to leave the family, but I can't find the "more options" button.
    When I try to do a different thing via microsoft account, I can't find a "settings" option.
    Can anyone please help me?

:)

PepijnSchut, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi PepijnSchut, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If you're a child account you will not be able to leave a family group, the organizer needs to remove you manually but if you're already an adult you will be able to remove yourself from the family by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family then click your icon.

Also, if you're still a child you need to ask the adult to sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings so they can manage them for you.

[​IMG]
  3. Kirill Krasin Win User

Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch

Hello,

I'm not sure about Switch privacy/account settings, but if your son's account is linked to your Microsoft Family Group, you can view or edit privacy settings

here
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I cannot change security settings on xbox.com

Hi LukaBakoc! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You need to be on a Microsoft family as child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Child account with no parent account

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In order to manage the privacy settings of a child account, you will have to add an adult account to the family first :

Add members to your Microsoft family

You will need to add this child account to an adult accounts family. you can then follow the instructions on this link to manage the child account's privacy settings :

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps!
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Bug regarding the family function

Hi Doghnut_llama! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The site it's giving you information about how to add your manage your privacy settings, but doesn't mean you are already in a Microsoft family, that information appears because child accounts can't manage the privacy settings and an adult account needs to do it for them, so an adult most add your account to his Microsoft family to change the privacy settings
Thema:

1. microsoft family privacy settings - Similar Threads - microsoft family privacy

2. My home email and family Microsoft accounthas been hacked/deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home email and family Microsoft accounthas been hacked/deleted: Hi, I hope someone can help, as it appears impossible to contact Microsoft directly. I noticed tonight that my family Xbox account would not let me sign-in. In my email inbox was an email stating...
  3. how do I separate my Microsoft account from a family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I separate my Microsoft account from a family group: I need to know how to do this because someone, I don't know who, has put a parent lock on my account and I can't access online features like Minecraft realms from friends and family. I already...
  4. Settings/Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Settings/Microsoft Family Safety: Recently I've been having trouble hearing other players who aren't my friends on games like sea of thieves. I go to change my settings but it says I am in a family group. I go to remove myself...
  5. How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept...: I have migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft account few months ago, and wanted to change my Xbox privacy settings recently. I found out that I'm not able to change my Xbox settings. It...
  6. Family Member Won't Show up in Microsoft Family Group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Member Won't Show up in Microsoft Family Group: I have just recently migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft. I found that I was unable to play Multiplayer due to it being disabled because of my settings. The family group that I am in does...
  7. How to re-link a microsoft family account to PS4 Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to re-link a microsoft family account to PS4 Minecraft: Okay, so the kids all have their own login on the PS4, and I created a family using my microsoft account. Well, modern problems require modern solutions, and one of the kids misbehaved pretty bad,...
  8. Linking existing xbox live account to new microsoft family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking existing xbox live account to new microsoft family account: Hi. So I created 2 accounts for my kids under my microsoft family account and generated their own microsoft logins for use on the home PCs. Would it be possible to move or link my 2 sons...
  9. Can’t leave Microsoft family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t leave Microsoft family group: I can’t leave family group to change my settings to multiplayer. I am the only person in my family group. How can I change it? e21c4068-bd9d-4f83-af4e-7b9ec0c41ae1
  10. Microsoft family / xBox privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family / xBox privacy settings: Hi, I have setup up microsoft family members under my windows account and those accounts also have xbox profiles but when I log into xBox.com I cannot see my kid's profiles under privacy settings...