Microsoft Family Settings

Discus and support Microsoft Family Settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to buy Minecraft: Java Edition, but when I try to do that it says that I don't have permission to make purchases, and that I would need... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by [RandomUser], Nov 25, 2021.

1. [RandomUser]
    [RandomUser] Guest

Hi, I'm trying to buy Minecraft: Java Edition, but when I try to do that it says that I don't have permission to make purchases, and that I would need to change my purchase settings. When I tried doing this I was told that I wasn't allowed to change those settings unless I first went and removed myself from my Microsoft family or changed my status in the Microsoft family. I clicked around for about an hour, and there was no way to do either of those things. I am also the only person in this "Microsoft family", so I'm very confused about what I'm supposed to do now. Please help.

:)

[RandomUser], Nov 25, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

There is no way to change the age of an account once it has been created.
  3. skylaar Win User

Parental permission issues

If you are part of a Family account, the permissions for content are on the Microsoft website in the Family section and set for each individual user.
  4. wi7bit Win User

My Microsoft account is blocking me from playing multiplayer and realms mode for Minecraft Java Edition

Hi AP_Ammo

I presume your mum is an adult/organiser in your Microsoft Family? If so, ask her to download the family setting app and follow these instructions:

1. Sign into the app with an organizer’s Microsoft account, and then do one of the following to get to Settings:

-Select the tile for the member you want to manage, and then select the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the Family screen.

-Select the Settings icon at the bottom of the Family screen, and then select the tile for the member you want to manage.

2. Select the Multiplayer tile and turn Allow on.

https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app
  5. GreenJester8559 Win User

My Xbox Live Account

check on your microsoft account your family settings
  6. At the Nozzle Win User

Family Filter Xbox Live

Hey MatteoBroglio,

Considering you are restricted by family settings, you must be under another guardian. Go check out your family settings on your Microsoft account: https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Best,

Nozzle :)
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Settings - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Settings

2. MICROSOFT FAMILY SETTINGS HELP ME PLEASE >:(

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT FAMILY SETTINGS HELP ME PLEASE >:(: I want to buy the halo infinite battle pass. My account is somehow a child account. I can't buy halo infinite battle pass as a result. I can't fix this. I don't know what my account's "parent...
  3. Family settings restricting my access, but Microsoft is not showing I'm in a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family settings restricting my access, but Microsoft is not showing I'm in a family: I need to adjust my family settings from way back, I set it up years ago and a lot has changed, I need to play Minecraft Java online. To play online I need to change my settings, but my family...
  4. RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead: Dear sirs my cousin set my xbox account up with his email he has no since passed away and we have no way of receiving the emails to rest the xbox to my account since we have zero way of getting...
  5. Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Settings will cause me to abandon Xbox and Microsoft: I am getting SERIOUSLY fed up with this whole console and company. Hey Microsoft. Yeah I'm talking to you. You need to fix this. Now. My 14 year old is on my family right? But I allow him to...
  6. Microsoft Account Family Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Account Family Settings: I am trying to play Gears Of War and every time I start up the game it says that an adult needs be asked for permission. I am not a part of any family groups and when I select "Ask By Email" it...
  7. Microsoft Family - Pooled screen time between a set of application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Family - Pooled screen time between a set of application: Hello! Is there a way to create a pre defined list of applications and then define a screen time for that list. For instance I would like to limit the game screen time and create a list...
  8. Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings: My son is getting this message "Microsoft Store is blocked by family settings" every time he opens the Microsoft Store on his XBox One S. I have looked through all of the family settings and...
  9. Microsoft Family Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Settings: I received an email today stating that there are changes coming in August. The email states that my son is now 27 so I no longer have the ability to "find my child" or receive activity reports....
  10. i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...: I have set up a microsoft family account to monitor my son's usage, but his friends xbox seems to be listed as the 'home console' on my account. does anyone know how this could have happened and...