Microsoft Flight Simulator Installed on 2 Drives

Discus and support Microsoft Flight Simulator Installed on 2 Drives in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have the Series X with the Seagate expansion card, and it appears Microsoft Flight Simulator installed to both drives? Showing as ~190Gb install, and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thoenman, Jul 22, 2021.

1. /u/thoenman
    /u/thoenman Guest

I have the Series X with the Seagate expansion card, and it appears Microsoft Flight Simulator installed to both drives? Showing as ~190Gb install, and when I try to move it either way it says it's already installed on that drive.

What gives? Upon trying to move things around it's saying multiple games are already installed on the other drive when filtering by games installed on one. Do I just need to uninstall everything and start over? Lol

Haven't reported it to MS on the console yet, but I'll do it when I get home.

submitted by /u/thoenman
    [link] [comments]

/u/thoenman, Jul 22, 2021
  2. gameshoes3003 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox a good idea?

Microsoft Flight isn't Microsoft Flight Simulator. Different game and it's not as demanding as your think. Most PCs/Laptops should be able to run it.

Microsoft Flight is the latest installment to the flight genre though.
  3. Micfuck Win User

MS flightsim 2020 doesn't start

I have that same issue. I were in contact with Microsoft "support". They said it has to be installed on C:{ drive. wooow I tried to install MICROSOFT Flight Simulator 2020 on my C:\ drive with a angry red notice that this redeem are already used.
  4. AzyadNawfal2010 Win User

Where do I report bugs found on Xbox One?

Hi there,I just bought my Xbox One S on Saturday and there is something wrong with it.I cannot install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Microsoft Store.And,are we allowed to play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox?Thank you.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

why can't I find where to buy flight simulator x for my pc?

Flight Simulator X isn't. That is an old game. However Microsoft Flight Simulator is.
  6. Cam3n Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager

I have a trick for you guys... symbolic links!

This is tested, I installed MSFS 2020 today and did this as soon as I realized all of my efforts to keep the files on drive D: were booby trapped by poor Microsoft design. Gotta hand it to them, they are consistent!

Just let MS FS think the files are being stored on C: under AppData and do the following. You can skip step 1 if you have not yet installed and start with step 2 so that the new install uses the symbolic folder link :

1) If there is already a folder called "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming" then
    a) close MS Flight Sim
    b) Move the entire "Microsoft Flight Simulator" folder to wherever you want it to live (other drive, whatever, anywhere is fine)

Now create a symbolic folder link:

2) Open DOS with Administrator priveledges

3) Type the following. Make sure to replace both <user> and <wherever_you_moved_the_folder> before you hit enter:

mklink /J "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" "<wherever_you_moved_the_folder>\Microsoft Flight Simulator"

4) If it says "Juntion created for ..." then you should see a symbolic folder "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" (folder, but with a shortcut type icon). Now you are done. You have a folder on C: and all the paths within
    it still say C: when you go inside, but the files are actually stored elsewhere.

5) This is reversable with by just deleting the link on the C drive.

FYI, you could technically apply the same logic to each of the sub-folders if you wanted to pick and choose which to move.

FYI #2, Windows uses syminks to permanently relocate things like you Pictures and Videos folders, so it is safe and not some weird hack.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator Installed on 2 Drives - Similar Threads - Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: I've had to re-install the latest version of Flight Simulator [SSD failed] and now the "standard activation code" installation receives a ... previously redeemed ... error message. That makes it...
  3. Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator to Expansion Card

in XboX Insiders
    Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator to Expansion Card: I already submitted a bug report through the "Report a Problem" menu, just wanted to see if this is a known issue or if anyone else is experiencing this. I have one of the Seagate Xbox Series...
  4. Razer turret support for Microsoft Flight simulator on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Razer turret support for Microsoft Flight simulator on xbox series x: The current default keyboad setup is not supported causing a lengthy time to rebind most controls. Would it be possible to add a dedicated option for the Razor turret for xbox?...
  5. Licence Key Microsoft Flight Simulator dir PC also usable Ford Xbox ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Licence Key Microsoft Flight Simulator dir PC also usable Ford Xbox ?: Hi everyone. I have recently bought the CD or DVD Version of the Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC. Now i want to buy an Xbox SX. Do i need to buy another License for the Xbox or can i use the...
  6. Microsoft flight simulator on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator on xbox: How do I turn up the arc and narrator on glight simulator on the xbox it is barely audible 9fc8dde8-6919-4277-b70e-19875447f00c
  7. [Bug] Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard Edition Installation Infinite Loading Screen

in XBoX on Windows
    [Bug] Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard Edition Installation Infinite Loading Screen: Purchased the Xbox GamePass last night and tried to install MS Flight Sim. I launched the game from the windows Xbox app and encountered an issue. The first issue was that MS flight simulator...
  8. Microsoft flight simulator - Auto taxi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft flight simulator - Auto taxi?: I’m new to the Microsoft flight simulator series I play on my X series it’s a lot of fun I haven’t had any problems except for when I land, the plane decides to make a hard turn during high...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Crashing on any device I try to play it on!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Crashing on any device I try to play it on!: It sounds crazy, but this is what is happening. I have an Xbox Series X (that I bought just to play this game) and my brother has a PC and an Xbox Series X. I have tried playing flight sim on...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator & Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Flight Simulator & Xbox One S: I have an Xbox One S (1681) and I'm trying to download the new flight simulator. I'm being told that it's not playable on this device. When I check the specs of the game it says that it should...