Microsoft flight simulator on PC crashing from installer?

Discus and support Microsoft flight simulator on PC crashing from installer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to install Microsoft Flight simulator form the xBox app which I have never used in the past as it has always installed from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WildlifeSnapper1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Microsoft flight simulator on PC crashing from installer?

I am unable to install Microsoft Flight simulator form the xBox app which I have never used in the past as it has always installed from the Microsoft store.

I am able to download the installer & licence ( or it would appear that I have), when I click on the "play now" button I get the splash screen and other logo's come up, it then says "Syncing data - will be a moment" this reaches 100% and then I crash to the desktop. Hitting the play button again runs through the splash screens once more and I am then asked if I want to launch in "Safe mode" or "normal mode" as there was a problem last time.

It doesn't matter which of these 2 options I choose as I simply crash back to the desktop again.

I have spent 2 hours on the telephone to Microsoft support who took control of my PC and did a complete clean re install and check of Windows 11 but the problem remained, they then told me to have a phone chat with xBox support but that option is UNAVAILABLE??? which is ridiculous so I am now posting on here.

I was running Flight simulator 2020 on Windows 11 for a couple of months without a problem but it then started crashing from the home screen so I uninstalled it (BIG MISTAKE) I am now unable to re install.

It would appear that the installer is downloading ok but this then fails to boot to the main screen where I download the remaining 160 odd gig of data.

Very frustrated to be honest as I have purchased over 30 add on airports in the marketplace as well as other mods and I also have a Honeycomb flight yoke and throttle quadrant plus rudder pedals sitting here obsolete at this time.

Thanks

:)

WildlifeSnapper1, Jan 12, 2022
  2. gameshoes3003 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox a good idea?

Microsoft Flight isn't Microsoft Flight Simulator. Different game and it's not as demanding as your think. Most PCs/Laptops should be able to run it.

Microsoft Flight is the latest installment to the flight genre though.
  3. ViralTalky Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Crash

4. DrifterX22 Win User

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

5. PalmettoBling Win User

Flying Simulator

Microsoft Flight Simulator was also discontinued for PC as well, and I know a lot of people were sad about that. There are very few flight simulators on the console as is, you're right. I've heard the Ace Combat series of games are pretty good flight
    simulator-ish games that a lot of people enjoy.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Flight Sim 2020 - Play Anywhere

this should answer your question, it is apparently play anywhere title.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...4020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

Platform and Retail Questions

Q: What platforms will Microsoft Flight Simulator be released on?

A: Our PC release is on August 18, 2020. We will share more information regarding the Xbox release in the future.

Q: Is Microsoft Flight Simulator going to be released on Steam or the Epic Store?

A: Microsoft Flight Simulator is available on Steam. We have no news to share regarding additional versions, but our goal is to have Microsoft Flight Simulator available on as many platforms as possible.

Q: Is a physical retail disc version available?

A: The retail disc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available in Europe only.

Q: What version will be available with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)?

A: The standard edition of “Microsoft Flight Simulator” will be available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).

Q: Will there be a separate achievement list on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?

A: There will not be a separate achievement list. It will be shared across platforms.

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published
    game that is digitally purchased and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

Q: Are there multiple editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator for sale?

A: Yes. You can purchase the Standard, Premium, and Deluxe Edition.

Q: Is it required to sign in to a Microsoft Account to play outside of Xbox One and Windows 10?

A: Yes, it is a requirement.
Thema:

Microsoft flight simulator on PC crashing from installer?

1. Microsoft flight simulator on PC crashing from installer? - Similar Threads - Microsoft flight simulator

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: Dear Community, Since a year I can not connect the Autopilot of the Airbus A-320. When I click on the A/P pushbutton the green light comes ON but the plane doesn't become engaged. It flies...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Crash: Hi, I downloaded the Microsoft Flight Simulator and it crashes. After i set the first settings it crashed. I tryed again with safe and normal mode and it crashed again. I don't know how to fix it...
  4. Kernel power event 41 (63), especially with Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kernel power event 41 (63), especially with Microsoft Flight Simulator: Hello, I have been trying to solve this issue for months now without success. Really hoping someone can help. I have a new build PC (Ryzen 5800x, MSI B550 motherboard, Nvidia 3070 Ti GPU, Windows...
  5. Cannot reinstall MS Flight Simulator 2020 for PC purchased from Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot reinstall MS Flight Simulator 2020 for PC purchased from Microsoft Store: Hi, I cannot reinstall FS 2020 on my PC. I was promised a call back by an expert but it never happened. You find below a screen shot that I hope can lead to some solution. Can anybody help me?...
  6. microsoft flight simulator 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator 2020: will microsoft flight simulator 2020 work on a xbox one 3f2beb89-e499-4fdd-9d21-40fade041c3e
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator Installation Manager issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Installation Manager issue: Hello, i've got a problem. The game is stuck at downloading. Once it hits 2.00 GiB of downloaded files the download freezes and drops to 0.00 Mbits/s Please respond ASAP im sitting for more than 6...
  8. 不能夠正常起動Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    不能夠正常起動Microsoft Flight Simulator: 好。本人早前通過PC的Microsoft Store購買了PC數位版Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year...
  9. What is the address for service of court papers for Microsoft Flight Simulator purchased...

in XBoX on Windows
    What is the address for service of court papers for Microsoft Flight Simulator purchased...: I wish to serve papers on Microsoft for a claim against them. Can you please confirm the address 05d23485-a830-4cc3-8ba8-7c58408dfde2
  10. Microsoft Flight simulator installer not installing the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator installer not installing the launcher?: Ok, playing on a PC via Microsoft store and I download the 1.23GB installer which enables us to launch the game and continue with the rest of the installation which is about 160GB. It would...