Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT

Discus and support Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So far, I'm loving FS2020. I've seen lots of posts/questions about separate windows for views and/or instrument panels. I've asked around but haven't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mark P812, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Mark P812
    Mark P812 Guest

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT

So far, I'm loving FS2020. I've seen lots of posts/questions about separate windows for views and/or instrument panels.

I've asked around but haven't had any responses... perhaps someone here knows?

There is a shortcut listed in FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 MISCELLANEOUS KEYS -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT

Does anybody know what this does? I've tried in fullscreen and windowed mode but can't see anything happening as a result of pressing the right ALT key. Gee, a manual or online documentation sure would be nice wouldn't it???

***Moved from Windows/Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

Mark P812, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Iconicfriend7260 Win User

So far, I'm loving FS2020. I've seen lots of posts/questions about separate windows for views and/or instrument panels.

I've asked around but haven't had any responses... perhaps someone here knows?

There is a shortcut listed in FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 MISCELLANEOUS KEYS -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT

Does anybody know what this does? I've tried in fullscreen and windowed mode but can't see anything happening as a result of pressing the right ALT key. Gee, a manual or online documentation sure would be nice wouldn't it???

***Moved from Windows/Gaming on Windows 10***
    I am guessing this is for creating additional windows as per FSX but also get no response, lots of posts that this multi-window mode is not yet supported in the initial release but the promos from the developers specifically said that multi-monitor set ups
    would be supported so would be nice if MS would tell us what the story is as this would move this from great to awesome.
  3. Mark P812 Win User

But to be clear (although I've marked this as the Answer)... you need to hold down the [Right ALT] key and not ALT-Right (arrow).
  4. Iconicfriend7260 Win User

OK, so figured this one out. In the plane hover over the control panel of the instruments like the G1000 in the Cessna 172 Skyhawk and hold down alt right a magnifying glass will appear and if you left click your mouse you can pop out the instrument and
    then click in the top right hand corner of that new window and it will be in a separate window that you can move to another screen in multi-monitor mode. Apparently works with selected instrument groups depending on the plane. Worked fine for me, moved both
    the flight indicators and the nav to the second screen and kept the view on my larger monitor. You cannot do multi-view this way but can use the nvidia control panel to create a single monitor out of two screens of the same size, resolution and refresh rate
    apparently. Then you can stretch the view across the two or more screens. Apparently the view gets a bit distorted and is not the true multiple points of perspective as in FSX or XPlane 11. That is not (or not yet) supported by MSFS 2020. Hope this is
    all clear.
  5. gameshoes3003 Win User

Warframe confirmed exclusive...

[quote user="US Revenge"]idk air combat with mouse and keyboard sucks unless it's a simulation[/quote]

Mouse and Keyboard suck for simulation; you need an actual flight stick.

Also, Gaijin did mouse and keyboard controls perfectly for Arcade Mode.
  6. Daniel Breitschaft Win User

What games do you think are going to be pushed back?

Perhaps the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is a gamble...
Thema:

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Unknown Keyboard Shortcut -> New UI Window Mode - RIGHT ALT - Similar Threads - Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox Game Pass Premium Deluxe Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox Game Pass Premium Deluxe Upgrade: Hi there, Will there be a separate Premium Deluxe add-on available for purchase for Xbox Game Pass subscribers to access Premium Deluxe content, similar to Forza 5’s premium add-one bundle?...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and Anti-Virus Software

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and Anti-Virus Software: Hello, I was just wondering if my Anti-Virus Software is effecting my MSFS Updates, my MSFS seems to get about 80 to 90% complete then freezes and I have to force quit it. Is there a reason for...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Hey Everyone, I was wondering if Microsoft Flight Sim will be able to run on my Xbox One. I’ve heard about the game coming to Xbox and have been excited since, but when I went to download it it...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator won’t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator won’t download: Hello, I recently bought Microsoft flight simulator on Xbox S series, got the announcements that game pass members can download it now, and I have game pass. I clicked the manage game button to...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator installation Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator installation Issue: Hi, I have bought a hardcopy of the Microsoft Flight Simulator and had no issues with installing the (10 disks and 4 hours of work) So naturally I want to play it, I redeemed the code in the...
  7. Flight Simulator 2020. Impossible to run since th elast update of the Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight Simulator 2020. Impossible to run since th elast update of the Microsoft Store: I have bought FS 2020 through MS Store in May. Everything went fine and I was able to play up to last week... Last week an update of the MS Store was automatically downloaded. Since then when I...
  8. Microsoft Flight simulator on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator on Xbox One: Hi everyone, almost 1 year ago I bought an Xbox one to Wait for the release of Microsoft Flight simulator 2020. But I know it will be released for Xbox series x and not for Xbox One. It is...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Suddenly the game no longer loads. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it via DVD but it doesn't start. From the store does not install it. What should I do? Thank you...
  10. When I started the Microsoft flight Simulator I got an error message telling me that access.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I started the Microsoft flight Simulator I got an error message telling me that access.: When I started the Microsoft flight Simulator I got an error message telling me that access to the content download servers is not available at the moment. Please check my internet connection and...