Microsoft: Gaming offline better than online?

Discus and support Microsoft: Gaming offline better than online? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft (Routers): Gaming offline better than online? I was an Xbox live gold member for 12+ years and found that every year the experience... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by intrepid rook, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Microsoft: Gaming offline better than online?

Microsoft (Routers): Gaming offline better than online?
    I was an Xbox live gold member for 12+ years and found that every year the experience progressively got worse. Last week I finally gave up on the service all together and so far the disconnect has been interesting. I find that games work better without gold
    and I have disconnected 2 of my 3 360s from online all together with better than expected results. No longer do games notify server unavailable or check back later for server ... I do miss online gaming but I missed online gaming with my gold account. Live
    is so hacked with modders that its impossible to have more than 2-3 games of clean fun before a gaming room is corrupted with a cheater or two. Games that are not hacked tend to have terrible connections (1-2 out of 4 bar connections for everyone except the
    host). Out of my group of friends I am the last to stay with Xbox as all others have gone to Playstation. While Playstation's network is hardly comparable to Xbox live, it's free. I guess it comes down to paying $60 for a content full broken experience versus
    a free broken experience. I understand that Microsoft does not maintain gaming servers and is only responsible for enforcing the ban hammer, but then what does that $60 really provide? The free games every month is pretty neat, but I doubt anyone more than
    a 2-3 of the games per year. At that point its almost the same cost of buying the games used.

I would gladly pay twice as much for an Xbox one with an internal SSD drive, and $200-300 for a yearly Xbox live gold subscription if there was a way to game without the ridiculous amounts of lag and modding. Having a 20/200 Mbps and 35-60ms ping should
    provide a better than 1-2 bar gaming experience. Xbox live on the original Xbox console and the first few years with the 360 was a fantastic experience that just worked.

Only Halo and Forza keep me from jumping ship.

:)

intrepid rook, Mar 16, 2017
  2. Resident Evil 6 Trailer

Offline co-op 2.

Nice. Might be better than I thought.

ChainSmokingBob, Mar 16, 2017
  3. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    WTH Do I Need To Be Online To Play Indie Games?!

It's indie games people, they're not even worth 80 MSP let alone a thread asking to play them offline.

-

Arcade games are miles better than Indie games.

PhilMarck, Mar 16, 2017
  4. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Resident Evil 6 Trailer

Offline co-op 2.

Nice. Might be better than I thought.
  5. PhilMarck Win User

WTH Do I Need To Be Online To Play Indie Games?!

It's indie games people, they're not even worth 80 MSP let alone a thread asking to play them offline.

-

Arcade games are miles better than Indie games.
  6. Ilharious Win User

Is Halo: Reach better than Halo 4 ?

I like Reach better than H4.

The graphics and movement are better in H4 but the single player and/or offline options are better in Reach.

That alone wins it for Reach with me.
  7. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

I miss the E3 Xbox...

The only thing I disliked about Microsoft's policy was the 24 hr check-in. I rarely have problems with my internet, but if my internet goes offline for more than a hour I would still like to be able to play single player games.
    I do resell some of my games, but Microsoft did say they allowed reselling of games to certain retailers. The future is always online, but hopefully Microsoft explain it better next time.
  8. PhilMarck Win User

Ascend hand of Kul beta free to play game available

Better than the games Microsoft typically gives part of the Games for Gold program.
Thema:

Microsoft: Gaming offline better than online?

1. Microsoft: Gaming offline better than online? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Gaming offline

2. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: I have played this everyday for a long time. However, as of late it has been crashing like crazy. I have tried to find a way to fix it but haven't found one. I am up to date on everything. I don't...
  3. How to restore Microsoft Casual Games from a back-up on previous computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to restore Microsoft Casual Games from a back-up on previous computer: I had to get a new computer and I have a back-up from my previous one. I have downloaded two of the games I play from Microsoft Casual Games, but although the stats for one is up to-date, none of...
  4. All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...

in XBoX on Windows
    All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...: i first noticed this with forza horizon 4 when i realised the sound sounded 'off' tried everying: reinstalling gaming software, changing audio settings. Nothing worked. Just wandering how to fix...
  5. microsoft game

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft game: i have an old microsoft game im trying to install called "AGE OF MYTHOLOHY". I CURRENTLY USE WINDOWS 8,after installing the 2 disks and have it succesfully 100% installed,its telling me there is...
  6. xbox game pass PC game install breaking microsoft store app completely

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game pass PC game install breaking microsoft store app completely: current symptoms: Cannot install anything in Microsoft Store app (it will just freeze and crash at some point, already tried repair and reset app). The game I had tried to install is basically in...
  7. Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?: My Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games on my Xbox One all digital really frustrating. Can anyone help ? c64f4c99-87e5-4d64-9f80-805b7fe3d803
  8. Game Pass Quests and Microsoft Awards app not tracking progress Properly

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game Pass Quests and Microsoft Awards app not tracking progress Properly: Hi, As described... For example, Game Pass Quests 1) I launch multiple game pass games and I still do not have the 'Play any Game Pass' reward. 2) Sea of Thieves - launch game - no reward...
  9. Sea of thieves Microsoft rewards time to party is not working and other game pass quests...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves Microsoft rewards time to party is not working and other game pass quests...: Sea of thieves Microsoft rewards time to party is not working, I played mutiplayer, single player and got 7 achievements and no time to party credit. Is the rewards app faulty or was the quest...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Adding Unique ID to Each Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Adding Unique ID to Each Game: Would it be possible to add a unique ID to each game? This would allow enthusiasts to recall challenging games until play them until solved. This featured would also allow friends to share...