Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity'

Discus and support Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity' in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has an Xbox and I've regularly added funds to his account to buy games. Last week I tried to add some money and got a message saying the payment... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richJM(2), Oct 20, 2019.

1. richJM(2)
    richJM(2) Guest

My son has an Xbox and I've regularly added funds to his account to buy games. Last week I tried to add some money and got a message saying the payment had failed and I needed to contact Microsoft. We did that via a chat and were told they needed to investigate.
    A couple of days later I got an email back saying the following:

Greetings from Microsoft!

My name is Crisente G., from Microsoft Support for Accounts and Billing. I'm sending you this message with the support request number [Mod removed- personal information] as reference that you have consulted Microsoft for your issue
    today about risk rejection error on purchasing £L: 10.00 credit to Microsoft account

Thank you for your patience while we investigate your issue. Our escalations review team has determined that purchases must be disabled on this account due to detection of suspicious activity. I regret to inform you that we are unable to restore
    purchasing ability to your account.

I understand that this is not an ideal solution, and I apologize that we are not able to resolve this issue as you would like. Given the nature of this issue, there is no further support we can provide.

Thats it! I emailed and asked for more information but have had no response whatsoever. No further explanation or offer to help. I'm absolutely fuming, terrible service. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue or could suggest a
    way to help as Microsoft seem unwilling or unable to do so.

:)

richJM(2), Oct 20, 2019
  2. ChrisKerr5 Win User

The same thing has just happened to me and I received an identical e-mail. I'm furious that this is the level of customer service provided by Microsoft.

Did you manage to resolve the issue? If so, how?
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

In the meantime.... have you tried purchasing Microsoft/Xbox Gift Cards and adding them to the account via code? This may be a temporary solution until your current issue gets sorted.
  4. richJM(2) Win User

That's a good idea, we will try that. Thanks.
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Sounds like you need to talk to your bank and/or check your statement.
  6. richJM(2) Win User

Thanks for the reply. I can't see this is an issue with my bank though, as I tried accounts at two different banks. I'll try a gift card as suggested in another reply.
Thema:

1. Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity' - Similar Threads - Microsoft has blocked

2. Has microsoft broke its own Code of Conduct?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has microsoft broke its own Code of Conduct?: Reguarding to the game :- Larry's *Wet dreams dont die* and the cover that has a yellow p.enis on it... Who commisioned that? #Hypocrisy a7261ddf-30fd-4b80-8031-f455160bb79a
  3. why has Microsoft stolen my Xbox 1?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    why has Microsoft stolen my Xbox 1?: i sent my xbox in for warranty repair a month an a half ago. the have refused to send it back through their actions while continuing to claim they sent it on the phone. if microsoft refuses to...
  4. Microsoft account has sufficient funds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account has sufficient funds: We have sufficient funds in our account to make purchase on fortnite. It is my sons account so he has to request permission through Family. I say allow but it keeps asking me to add money to...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Klondike has run out of new decks to deal

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Klondike has run out of new decks to deal: Been playing Klondike solitaire in Microsoft Solitaire Collection a lot over the past couple of months (several hundred games). Over the past two weeks or so, the decks dealt, at any level, and...
  6. Microsoft Community account: Your profile has been blocked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Community account: Your profile has been blocked: A Few days ago as (TheWraith86) I asked a question which was replied to by HomegrownSilky, and in response I provided more information, but now when I login I get Your profile has been blocked!,...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has disappeared from my library

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has disappeared from my library: I bought a code for MSF 2020 Premium Deluxe edition from Amazon. I redeemed the code and had several failed attempts to install the game. When I cam to try again this morning, the software has...
  8. The display on Microsoft Jigsaw on xBox has gone HUGE!

in XBoX on Windows
    The display on Microsoft Jigsaw on xBox has gone HUGE!: I originally posted this question on 14 August 2020 but it remained unresolved and then I had a heart attack and have been in hospital for 5 days, which resulted in the question being marked as...
  9. Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft...: Hi, When my son logged in to his friend's xbox, my son's mail, calendar and contacts ended up working on his iphone connected to outlook.com. When he tries to connect, he gets this error...
  10. How do i get help from Microsoft for my Xbox one account has been blocking me from sending ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get help from Microsoft for my Xbox one account has been blocking me from sending ...: My account has been not letting me send direct messages to my friends on Xbox but it lets me send messages in party chats, this problem has been going on for ruffly 2 weeks and i called Xbox...