Microsoft: Microsoft policies need to be rewritten to accommodate users/gamers.

Discus and support Microsoft: Microsoft policies need to be rewritten to accommodate users/gamers. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft (Routers): Microsoft policies need to be rewritten to accommodate users/gamers. After losing the 'Entitlements' to 2 of my games, I have... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Maganon1981, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Maganon1981
    Maganon1981 Guest

Microsoft (Routers): Microsoft policies need to be rewritten to accommodate users/gamers.
    After losing the 'Entitlements' to 2 of my games, I have discovered that Xbox support is lacking the ability to help their clients properly.

1) If you lose a game that you have acquired on Gold free download, you wont be able to get it back unless it is re-posted as a free game again in the future.

2) Gold free games have a single point of failure in how Xbox keep track of it and that is only through the 'Entitlement' you have to a game when you buy it or download it (free or paid). There needs to be a second way to track if you have downloaded a free
    game similar to how they check you paid purchases for a game and can reimburse you.

3) Instead of having to monetarily reimburse someone for a lost 'Entitlement', Xbox needs to give the representatives access to the authorization side of the server that will enable to game to be downloaded/played on the user side Xbox. This isn't a hard
    thing to do, it is strictly a permissions that needs to be assigned to the employees of Microsoft supporting Xbox.

4) There needs to be an improved tracking method of the games/apps/music etc... that has been purchased on a separate file than the 'Entitlement' itself. This removes the single point of failure that is the "ALL MIGHTY ENTITLEMENT". A separate file needs
    to keep track of what has been added and removed to the account itself, and the 'Entitlements' would be separate.

After having spend over 6 hours on the phone with 5 different reps in a period of 24 hours, and getting my call dropped 4 of those times and hung up on 2 other times just trying to get to a representative, the system needs an overhaul. The supervisors don't
    even have the authority to reapply the basic right to reinstall a game or gain access again without giving you credits (which are apparently strictly prohibited except for strict conditions being met) to buy the game AGAIN. My only options were to contact
    the legal department and file a legal complaint; post on this forum in hopes they see it and change some things and still not get access to my lost games; or suck it up and accept the fact that the higher ups who make the stupid policies that screw over their
    clients, have the last call.

So if others have been in this situation, please post and emphasis how UTTERLY UPSET AND FRUSTRATED you are about the fact that Microsoft policy makers just don't care to protect their clients. Maybe, just MAYBE they will change how they treat their game
    fans.

:)

Maganon1981, Oct 21, 2016
  2. POLL - What will drive your buying decision?

Think Microsoft made big mistakes with the "ONE". They left out the young gamers that have their 360's in the bedrooms which in most cases are to small to accommodate a system that uses the Kinect. I think many gamers will either stay with their 360's for
    the time being and then like myself eventually jump to the PS4 if Xbox doesn't make some drastic changes to its forthcoming policies.

SILVER SAVAGE, Oct 21, 2016
  3. The Xbox One is a good console, but has Microsoft's early mistakes left a permanent scar?

Microsoft just needs to keep providing updates and adding features. It sucks that their early decisions and telling gamers to deal with their policies screwed them over this much, but eh.

xSasuke_Uchiha, Oct 21, 2016
  4. SILVER SAVAGE Win User

POLL - What will drive your buying decision?

Think Microsoft made big mistakes with the "ONE". They left out the young gamers that have their 360's in the bedrooms which in most cases are to small to accommodate a system that uses the Kinect. I think many gamers will either stay with their 360's for
    the time being and then like myself eventually jump to the PS4 if Xbox doesn't make some drastic changes to its forthcoming policies.
  5. Auswulf Win User

I game on Xbox One.........

The gamercards probably need to be rewritten and recoded.
  6. Dreambig2day Win User

Halo 4 Quiz on Dashboard

From a sales point, that incorrect Question should be rewritten. It puts Microsoft studios in a position; where Xbox Marketing on the Microsoft Xbox Live doesn't even know basic knowledge of the Game called, Halo, a Multi-Million Dollar Franchise!
  7. MAKO MARAUDER Win User

Disappointed completely...

Boy, how someone can change in a few hours... policies are made to be rewritten. On the family share plan, there was no plan.... it was smoke and mirrors... the ones that bought into it should learn that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT RESETS

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If there is a policy change it will be posted in the

Microsoft service agreement
    . You can view the change here on Microsoft account policy for more information. This however does not
    state anything about gamer tags. Just referencing Microsoft accounts. We should wait until Aug 30 to see how the service agreement is updated.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Microsoft policies need to be rewritten to accommodate users/gamers. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Microsoft policies

2. System Error:E100 00000703 80910002 and the tale of a greedy Microsoft policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Error:E100 00000703 80910002 and the tale of a greedy Microsoft policy: I purchased an Xbox One S for my baby sister on Black Friday of 2017. A day before her birthday(3/8/2019) it automatically updated and bricked her console, Happy Bday from Xbox. Went to the...
  3. Microsofts Poor Refund Policy

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsofts Poor Refund Policy: I requested a refund after not liking a game that i played for less than 2-3 hours and tried to refund the game on the same day but the refund was denied so i spoke to customer support who told me...
  4. When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?: I pre-ordered a digital copy Fallout 76 in mid November. The game was horribly glitchy and crashed incessantly right off the hop. I thought, "Hey, it's a big game, lets give them some time to...
  5. When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?: I pre-ordered a digital copy Fallout 76 in mid November. The game was horribly glitchy and crashed incessantly right off the hop. I thought, "Hey, it's a big game, lets give them some time to...
  6. Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change: Greetings, here... not that I care for this name any longer. For the past, approximately, two years; I have been attempting to change my Gamertag to one that says is 'Available' on all websites,...
  7. Microsoft Refund Policy is a JOKE!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Refund Policy is a JOKE!: Today I saw that there was a purchase on my account. Black Ops Digital Download. I did not make this purchase. All I can think of is that my account was hacked. I did not like the Beta. I am...
  8. Microsoft New Policy In Place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft New Policy In Place: We all know, the new policy agreement is inactive gamertags for 5 years are to be reset and released into the battlefield; however, WHEN? Will Microsoft announce gamertag resets again? Asking not...
  9. Microsoft's new policies are garbage. Them out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft's new policies are garbage. Them out.: So. I haven't owned an Xbox in years. Since at least 2013. I bought (wasted money on would be the correct phrasing) the Xbox One S thinking I would open it up, turn it on and then call the toll...
  10. The realized implications of Microsoft's gold policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    The realized implications of Microsoft's gold policy: To be completely clear, gold sharing is consumer friendly. The ability to host multiple accounts on the same subscription is likely one of the most welcome changes to Xbox's online policy, in my,...