Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

Discus and support Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HMispaininarse, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer getting a signal to the TV. I've tried multiple HDMI cables, I've tried multiple displays, the screen
    tries to get a signal from the X1X, it seems to recognize that the Xbox is plugged in, but nothing will display or I'll get the "no signal" sign. If I move the plug at the port around a little I might get a frame or two of the Xbox home screen to display but
    that's it. Bottom line, it's a busted HDMI port.

The thing is, doing research on the web shows that people have been experiencing this issue since day one. I've unplugged my HDMI cable from the Xbox maybe two times since I've bought it. This isn't user error, this isn't wear and tear, it's a manufacturing
    flaw.

Funny enough, it seems that people are experiencing this more and more a year after launch, soon after the warranty has expired. My warranty expired in January. As if all of this wasn't enough, the cost of repair is $250 (!).

Half the price of a console to fix Microsoft's mistake that's cropping up within a year of release is ridiculous. The hdmi port itself costs around $10, labor would cost around $50-$60, shipping costs = $30, even if you add other costs repairs should max
    out at $150. Which is still way too much for something that's Microsoft's fault but $250 is some evil Apple type thing. And you know that the next Xbox will be announced within months.

Anyway, if Microsoft don't want to lose good will among some of their most hardcore supporters they really need to deal with this quick as a lot of launch era X1Xs will be going out of warranty. They need to add a separate HDMI port issue option in the "Request
    Repair" menu that's not insanely priced.

:)

HMispaininarse, Apr 15, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

There are many owners of Xbox One X consoles, that do not run into the issues you are mentioning here. My best advice, would be to start the service order, and see what happens when your console is inspected. Maybe Phil Spencer/Microsoft can look to work
    towards extending warranties in the near future - completely understand that point.. :/

As there are new console iterations in the works, I wouldn't be surprised if that suggestion wasn't on the table already.

Best,

L
  3. HMispaininarse Win User

Sure, removing chords can damage ports if you're being rough about it. But I don't think they were designed with the expectation that using them normally only twice would break them. I think they would put a clear warning on the box in that case.
  4. HMispaininarse Win User

There are many 360 owners who didn't run into the RROD problem either but it was still a problem.

Starting the service order means paying the $250 up front. It's not a "send your console in for inspection and we'll tell you the cost of the damage" type deal.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Its a flat rate repair

Typically you dont move your hdmi.cablez are you plugining snf out your hdmi?

Shouldnt do.thst

A switcher s more.viallaible

Removing.cords can damage ports

Also I experienced thisnissue however I resolved.it by shutting down my tv.and.turningnit bsck on

Since it waz occuring without.an hdmi.device.in or out
  6. Tormaz Win User

HDMI port broken

Hello!

Is it not working, or is it physically damaged? If he's had the system less than a year and it's just not working it would be eligible to be repaired/replaced under warranty. If it's physically damaged or out of warranty it may be able to be repaired for
    a price. However, with all of the holiday deals it may end up being a better option to replace/upgrade to a new Xbox.
Thema:

1. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port) - Similar Threads - Microsoft need rectify

2. I NEED HELP MICROSOFT AND OTHERS XBOX LIVE GOLD PLEASE READ

in XBoX on Consoles
    I NEED HELP MICROSOFT AND OTHERS XBOX LIVE GOLD PLEASE READ: 4 hours ago I bought xbox live gold for 3 months with redeem code the code was NOT used but still tells me to buy another c22dac98-a3da-4ebb-9d48-0bf621ef9b45
  3. I need help with my xbox 360 or a call back from Microsoft to help me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my xbox 360 or a call back from Microsoft to help me.: Everyone that has a xbox 360 told me that they got the update from Microsoft but I tried calling them and it told me to get online and get it but I can't find it can someone please help me?...
  4. i need to unlink my account from this microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need to unlink my account from this microsoft account: This is something i have been needing to do for a while as my xbox account is connected to my dads email (Ive had this since i was 7) and now we are starting to have problems having to share this...
  5. head set and need microsoft contact number

in XBoX on Consoles
    head set and need microsoft contact number: head set and need microsoft contact number bc662802-b24c-4fd9-8744-a3a218ab02b9
  6. I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...: I can already escalated my problem with claim #[Mod Removed-Personal Information] but I have received no response. I am just simply trying to cancel my entire MIcrosoft store order #[Mod...
  7. What is needed to get the Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel to function on a laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    What is needed to get the Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel to function on a laptop: Good Day Everyone, Forgive me for my ignorance, But I would like to know step by step what I need to do to connect the Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel to my HP Pavilion g6 win 10 pro 16gb...
  8. Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change: Greetings, here... not that I care for this name any longer. For the past, approximately, two years; I have been attempting to change my Gamertag to one that says is 'Available' on all websites,...
  9. Need Microsoft to fix my rank

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Microsoft to fix my rank: I caught a hacker while playing "Call of Duty Ghosts", I uploaded a video as evidence on xbox live. The hackers name is "[Mod Removed - Personal Information]". After I reported him for cheating,...
  10. microsoft took money from my account for games with gold game, need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft took money from my account for games with gold game, need help: Hello so everybody, i bought my games with gold like every month. But this time microsoft took 19.99 for victor vran which is currently free. Can someone help me? 141d4fe2-50a3-4c8f-bddb-6c0dca2b4493