Microsoft not fulfilling an advertised promotion price. Who do I contact?

Discus and support Microsoft not fulfilling an advertised promotion price. Who do I contact? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; So I turned on my xbox today after being completely off and signed in. I do this to make sure any news/offers/promotions are freshly updated. When it... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Sacridfire694, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft not fulfilling an advertised promotion price. Who do I contact?

So I turned on my xbox today after being completely off and signed in. I do this to make sure any news/offers/promotions are freshly updated. When it finished starting up I saw the offer for 50% off 6 months of xbox live gold and xbox game pass. Clicking
    the tile directs me to the xbox gold page where I can purchase it at the advertised price and under that is a tile for the game pass promotion. None of the ads say anything about restrictions or limited availability, but the xbox gold is available and the
    game pass is not. I can also see a tile in the game pass tab of the dashboard with the same offer.

The offer is displayed in multiple places, and half of the offer (the gold) is available. Text and phone support both told me "There is nothing we can do" and refused to refer me to somebody that has the authority to do anything.

I'm not paying full price for a 12 month subscription, and am not interested in a monthly recurring subscription with microsoft after they tried to hold my account hostage after i had cancelled my subscription and they mistakenly continued to provide service
    for months afterwards.

What are my options?

:)

Sacridfire694, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Sacridfire694 Win User

Phone support told me that they couldn't refer me to anybody that could honor the promotional offer, but for some reason directed me here. Which makes absolutely no sense, but I'm assuming it was to get rid of me.

The promo offer has no mention of limited availability or restrictions, so its a reasonable assumption that it should be available until the advertisements are gone.
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

Text and phone chat are the only options. Sadly it sounds like you caught the ads just as the deal ended.

Only Chat/phone support would be able to handle this sort of thing. The forums mostly Ambassadors.
  4. Smwutches Win User

As this thread is slightly older, you'll want to create a new one detailed your issue for proper assistance.
  5. GabeReed Win User

So I turned on my xbox today after being completely off and signed in. I do this to make sure any news/offers/promotions are freshly updated. When it finished starting up I saw the offer for 50% off 6 months of xbox live gold and xbox game pass. Clicking
    the tile directs me to the xbox gold page where I can purchase it at the advertised price and under that is a tile for the game pass promotion. None of the ads say anything about restrictions or limited availability, but the xbox gold is available and the
    game pass is not. I can also see a tile in the game pass tab of the dashboard with the same offer.

The offer is displayed in multiple places, and half of the offer (the gold) is available. Text and phone support both told me "There is nothing we can do" and refused to refer me to somebody that has the authority to do anything.

I'm not paying full price for a 12 month subscription, and am not interested in a monthly recurring subscription with microsoft after they tried to hold my account hostage after i had cancelled my subscription and they mistakenly continued to provide service
    for months afterwards.

What are my options?
    tried to purchase xbox 1 and said card not working to contact this website
  6. Sacridfire694 Win User

Finally got in contact with a support rep willing to actually do their job.

I was not too late for the offer. Apparently despite there being no restrictions told to the consumer (or support) the offer is incompatible with the 1 month for $1 previously offered that I purchased. The CS rep was unable, and his superiors unwilling,
    to provide me with the promotional price despite their error.

Due to Xbox showing once again how inflexible they are in dealing with potential customers I will once again not be extending my subscription for the foreseeable future.

TL;DR Xbox made a mistake. Instead of admitting fault and providing the promo price they instead lost a customer.
Thema:

1. Microsoft not fulfilling an advertised promotion price. Who do I contact? - Similar Threads - Microsoft fulfilling advertised

2. Beyond irritated with Microsoft Support regarding my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Beyond irritated with Microsoft Support regarding my gamertag: My husband purchased Xbox Live back in 2008 when we were dating and I have been using this Gamertag ever since. When I signed up, I had used a yahoo email account. I no longer use that email and I...
  3. Microsoft Edge not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge not working: On xbox one after clicking on edge i see a white screen for 1-2 seconds then the app just crashes. Its been like this for about 3-4 days and I’ve already tried hard reset....
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection 無法過關 [Mod Translation-Microsoft Solitaire Collection can't pass]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection 無法過關 [Mod Translation-Microsoft Solitaire Collection can't pass]: Microsoft Solitaire Collection>>星星俱樂部>>Pyramid>>中級I>>第一關 要收集12張8 第一輪:有一張6壓在最上方,但4張7在盤中>>無法清盤面(如圖) [Mod Translation-Microsoft Solitaire Collection>>Star Club>>Pyramid>>Intermediate I>>First Pass...
  5. Xbox And Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox And Microsoft: Great to see such positive feedback �� 05937090-27c4-464e-97c4-be0338e58548
  6. Compte microsoft banni par EA [Mod Translation-Microsoft account banned by EA]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compte microsoft banni par EA [Mod Translation-Microsoft account banned by EA]: Aujourd'hui je décide de jouer Apex Legends sur ma xbox. Impossibilité de se connecter, le compte est invalide. Je contacte le chat EA. J'apprends que EA m'a bloqué toute possibilité de jouer des...
  7. Microsoft Store not working on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store not working on Xbox One: I have been trying to access the microsoft store on my xbox one, however; when I try to get into it I get an error that says "You need to install the game or app for this make sure you're signed...
  8. Vincular cuenta minecraft con cuenta microsoft (Link minecraft account with microsoft account)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vincular cuenta minecraft con cuenta microsoft (Link minecraft account with microsoft account): Buenas noches a todos Hace un par de semanas me compré minecraft en la cuenta oficial. Mis amigos se conectan y juegan, uno con pc y otro con switch, ambos con cuenta xbox live. Habría alguna...
  9. Why Ukrainian prices are so high? Please, Microsoft or Xbox, correct your regional prices...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Ukrainian prices are so high? Please, Microsoft or Xbox, correct your regional prices...: [img] Why Xbox sells videogames for random prices? e283dd92-a5ca-465d-a46c-d036727691bb
  10. Problem bei der Bezahlung mit Microsoftguthaben [Translate] Problem paying with Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem bei der Bezahlung mit Microsoftguthaben [Translate] Problem paying with Microsoft...: Hallo, ich möchte ein Abo für den EA access Dienst einrichten. Von der Website von EA werde ich dafür auf die Microsoftstore Website umgeleitet. Bei der Bezahlung steht dann, dass ich ein...