Microsoft play anywhere not working

Discus and support Microsoft play anywhere not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just got a new laptop and I've been trying to download some of my favorite Xbox games, specifically Sea of Thieves. On my PC I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LarsLundberg1, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Microsoft play anywhere not working

Hello everyone,

I just got a new laptop and I've been trying to download some of my favorite Xbox games, specifically Sea of Thieves. On my PC I have never had any problems getting play anywhere to work and all of my games have appeared in my library. However, after signing in like normal on the new laptop, none of my games are there. I own Sea of Thieves on my Xbox One, and the Microsoft store even says "Play anywhere." So... why can't I play anywhere? Appreciate any help.

:)

LarsLundberg1, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Aventhyz Win User

Xbox store and steam

You cannot play if the game does not have crossplay or play anywhere, but play anywhere only works on Microsoft Store
  3. bakachelera Win User

Play Anywhere not working

You're signing in to the wrong profile. search for the content in your accounts using commerce.microsoft, and sign in in the ms store, xbox app in windows 10 using that same account.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Play Anywhere Gears 5 bought on Amazon

5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Connecting my Nintendo Switch Lite minecraft to my devices and stuff?

Nintendo switch operates on its own store, that Microsoft does not have access to, if you’re thinking about play anywhere, no Minecraft games are play anywhere, and require a separate purchase on each platform. Play anywhere only works between Windows store and Xbox, no other platforms on titles that have it enabled.

If you are attempting to connect your switch to your Microsoft account, all you have to do is sign in in the game to your Microsoft account.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox copy of the game on PC

Hello MaxFromPoland

Unfortunately the disc wont work as the play anywhere title as stated on Microsoft website:

Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

For further reference here is the Link to the
    Xbox play anywhere

Hope this helps

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team
Thema:

Microsoft play anywhere not working

1. Microsoft play anywhere not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft play anywhere

2. Microsoft requires you to be online to start a Xbox Play anywhere game

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft requires you to be online to start a Xbox Play anywhere game: I recently purchased Astroneer for my Xbox and I noticed it was a play anywhere game. I put it on my laptop and made sure to turn on the allow games to be played offline option in the microsoft...
  3. Share an xbox-play-anywhere-title within microsoft family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share an xbox-play-anywhere-title within microsoft family: My question is, if I cold share Forza Horizon 4 with my brother. We are in a Microsoft family and own an Xbox one S as well as a Pc. Fh4 is currently installed on the console and the Pc. The issue...
  4. XBOX 360 controller (USB attached to PC) not usable on PC to play microsoft anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 controller (USB attached to PC) not usable on PC to play microsoft anywhere...: Need help with XBOX 360 controller (USB attached to PC) to play games, using controller..Cant get it to work,very tired of keyboard inputs. d3f4a0ce-d5ea-4b15-b638-ad1bc1dfa96d
  5. Microsoft Flight SIM 2020 - Play Anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight SIM 2020 - Play Anywhere: Microsoft announced that the flight sim will be available for purchase on PC with xbox game pass. Can you purchase without? Also because the xbox version will come out later, will you need to...
  6. Microsoft Play Anywhere games support is getting worse instead of better

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Play Anywhere games support is getting worse instead of better: The first steps for the Microsoft Store weren't the best but it seemed to be improving. In the last months it's just the opposite. I have installed Gears of War 4, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3...
  7. Bought Xbox Play Anywhere game (super Lucky's Tale), but still have to buy it in Microsoft ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought Xbox Play Anywhere game (super Lucky's Tale), but still have to buy it in Microsoft ...: Well, leader says it all. Installed it on Xbox One X. Any help? 224f55fd-5d4e-46c7-a496-753687618c57
  8. Xbox Play Anywhere: Better Games - PLEASE READ MICROSOFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere: Better Games - PLEASE READ MICROSOFT: Hello, my PEPS! So, as most of the Xbox community know, Xbox Play anywhere is Where you can play your Xbox games on windows 10! Which I think is AWESOME! Now, I don't know the recruitment process...
  9. Xbox Play Anywhere: Better Games - PLEASE READ MICROSOFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere: Better Games - PLEASE READ MICROSOFT: Hello, my PEPS! So, as most of the Xbox community know, Xbox Play anywhere is Where you can play your Xbox games on windows 10! Which I think is AWESOME! Now, I don't know the recruitment process...
  10. Microsoft, please turn rocket league into an 'xbox play anywhere' title too.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, please turn rocket league into an 'xbox play anywhere' title too.: I really want to start playing it on my computer but don't want to have to buy it through steam and start my progress all over again from the beginning. The xbox play anywhere feature is genius...