Microsoft rewards app broke after updating

Discus and support Microsoft rewards app broke after updating in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on xbox one s a few minutes ago I turned it on and started the Microsoft rewards app and it said it needed an update, so I updated it. After the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GLaDOS62, Apr 15, 2019.

1. GLaDOS62
    GLaDOS62 Guest

I'm on xbox one s a few minutes ago I turned it on and started the Microsoft rewards app and it said it needed an update, so I updated it.

After the update I opened it and get an error message "Update your console's location, go to blah blah to do it" I went to the specified setting and all the info is correct.

I even re-selected the info and restarted the xbox and it's still saying it when I try to open the MS rewards app, everything else is working fine.

:)

GLaDOS62, Apr 15, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there
    GLaDOS62
    !

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  3. GLaDOS62 Win User

Yes I am in the US, been an MS rewards member for a year now too.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  5. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Are you in the xbox update preview group by any chance?
  6. choppyseize Win User

Are you in the correct region? It only works in the USA. They have one for Canada now too but it's slightly different.
Thema:

1. Microsoft rewards app broke after updating - Similar Threads - Microsoft rewards app

2. Microsoft Rewards app on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards app on xbox: On Xbox I completed the game pass quests but the rewards app won't let me claim the points associated with them. When I press "claim" the app just reloads then nothing. Anyone know how to fix this...
  3. Unable to redeem points in Microsoft rewards app

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to redeem points in Microsoft rewards app: the quest is to play Operencia the stolen sun and earn two achievements. I met the requirements but when click the tile in the app to redeem the points the app sends me to the Xbox store....
  4. App Microsoft Rewards com problema? (Microsoft Rewards App with problem?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App Microsoft Rewards com problema? (Microsoft Rewards App with problem?): Estou fazendo as solicitções do app da Microsoft Rewards no meu Xbox One X, mas tem conquistas que não estão sendo contabilizadas e assim não ganho os pontos, mesmo fazendo o que esta sendo...
  5. Microsoft Rewards Xbox App not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards Xbox App not working: Today when I tried accessing the Microsoft Rewards app, it kept telling me that I needed to update my current location before I could use it. The problem is that my location has never changed so...
  6. Microsoft Rewards App (Error Location Update)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards App (Error Location Update): Hi after the recent update every time i try to load the microsoft rewards app on my xbox 1 it sits for awhile then a black screen that says update your location comes up . I have gone under...
  7. Microsoft Rewards App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Rewards App: Has anyone had any problems with the Microsoft Rewards App on Xbox One recently? b1a20d44-61b1-4d94-8462-b97a9443c7b0
  8. Use Microsoft Rewards to promote apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use Microsoft Rewards to promote apps: So, we all know how rewards always promotes and encourages you to play some different game pass games, but for me at least, there isn't any encouragement to use any apps apart from mixer or...
  9. Microsoft rewards app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards app: I have two different accounts on my Xbox one x. My brother and I. Both accounts have Microsoft pass activated. My brother can see all tasks in Microsoft reward app, and I can see only kingdom...
  10. Microsoft Rewards App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards App: [img] I have been usung the microsoft rewards app fine up until about 3 days ago. It suddenly wanted me to update my location on the xbox to ‘my current location’ even though it is already set to...