Microsoft says no more refunds for me!

Discus and support Microsoft says no more refunds for me! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My daughter is a minor and used my husband’s debit card to buy $2214.00 of Microsoft Xbox digital product since later October 2019. She got a hold of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AlexSzanto, Jan 24, 2020.

1. AlexSzanto
    AlexSzanto Guest

My daughter is a minor and used my husband’s debit card to buy $2214.00 of Microsoft Xbox digital product since later October 2019. She got a hold of that card somehow. Since this is an account used for bigger projects, we have very sporadic transactions
    on this account and that explains how i let this « **** » inadvertantly for months. Apparently the only way to get a refund electronically through their website, so I did that and was refunded $378.58 out of $2214. They now have made it impossible for me to
    request any refund and emailed me a message saying that I have used up the maximum number of refund requests this year.

I have talk to them and I am still unable to get help. They say all I can do is report a fraudulent used at my bank. I’m worried that they would prosecute my daughter and I worry I won’t ever get our money back.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

thank you

Alex’s mom

:)

AlexSzanto, Jan 24, 2020
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

It doesnt sound like they are going to budge. Let me ask, did you speak to them on the phone or through email correspondence only? It might be worth speaking directly with them.

Here's the contact details.
  3. Lord Siidius ( AKA L Win User

Hi AlexSzanto,

Please remember when using the Xbox community forums to comply with the Xbox Forum Guidelines especially number 4 which is the use
    of profanity including words/letters replaced with a * which could represent colourful language.

Unfortunately, if an Xbox Support advisor has told you this is your only option, there is not much more that can be done. This is something you will have to discuss with your bank and see if there are ramifications for your daughters actions.

I would suggest going forward you set up pin for purchases. This Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console support
    page will help you do this.
    I was going to suggest key locking purchases as well. You must remember, we are the adults, and ultimately we are responsible for what the minors in our charge do. The company has provided us with all the tools we need to control such misadventures, and
    it is on us to employ them. My son showed me the error of my ways when he was only 4 years old and spent $9.99 on a pack of Marvel Pin Ball tables he couldnt possibly use and I had no use for. After that, I set him up his own account and then set myself up
    as the parent to that account, then I locked my account which controls all the purchases.

I would not advise going through the bank, unless you simply have no options and cant get past the money loss, as they likely would go after someone who is accused of fraud in that amount. Anything over $1500 is considered a felony charge. Instead I would ensure
    said child could no longer do this action, and maybe make them earn the money back for you somehow over time as a lesson to them about their actions.

I understand your frustration. I hope it all works out for the best. Good Luck.
  4. NaZoooom Win User

Hi AlexSzanto,

Please remember when using the Xbox community forums to comply with the Xbox Forum Guidelines especially number 4 which is the use
    of profanity including words/letters replaced with a * which could represent colourful language.

Unfortunately, if an Xbox Support advisor has told you this is your only option, there is not much more that can be done. This is something you will have to discuss with your bank and see if there are ramifications for your daughters actions.

I would suggest going forward you set up pin for purchases. This Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console support
    page will help you do this.
  5. Andrew iz 1337 Win User

Xbox One Kinect Sensor Broke :(

Argos wouldn't refund it saying it's not an issue with the actual console itself, it's the Kinect sensor though. So they refused to refund me and told me to contact Microsoft.
  6. HeIpy Win User

Fortnite V-Bucks

I refunded the V-Bucks through Microsoft so they know its been refunded, but my account still has them? i don't want to use them in case its illegal. All Microsoft can do is refund me the money but Epic are supposed to take them out my account but they
    haven't as they say they don't refund them?
Thema:

1. Microsoft says no more refunds for me! - Similar Threads - Microsoft says more

2. I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...: I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a temporary problem with the service. I tried the comunity but they claim they have no access. I...
  3. My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console says that my email is not linked to a microsoft account.: I've tried these steps Delete my profile Clear system cache Restart console Redownload profile Here is where the issue comes up. Every time I try this step it gives the error "This email...
  4. Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password: I changed my microsoft account password and ever since I can not log into the xbox. I did find some ideas that I have tried. Again- the password I am attempting to use works to sign in to...
  5. Game Pass and Microsoft store won;t let me log in. Error 0x80190001 is what it says for both.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass and Microsoft store won;t let me log in. Error 0x80190001 is what it says for both.: I have spent a few days trying to fix this issue, I have even removed the account from my machine and set it to local log in as well as uninstalled and reinstalled Game Pass. I have also tried the...
  6. I wiped my drive recently and now i don’t have the insider hub but Microsoft says I do and...

in XboX Insiders
    I wiped my drive recently and now i don’t have the insider hub but Microsoft says I do and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/charlie--marshmallow [link] [comments]
  7. I cant log on to my Microsoft Bingo game anymore. It keeps saying connection error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant log on to my Microsoft Bingo game anymore. It keeps saying connection error: I cant log onto my Microsoft Bingo game. It keeps saying connection error 07015c4f-cbfa-4525-bd20-805adfa98832
  8. Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...: I have been trying with multiple accounts and every time i create one it says thats its already been linked to a ps4 which isn’t true because i just made it due to my original account every time i...
  9. Xbox store. Black desert it won't let me buy any more perals says contact Microsoft support

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox store. Black desert it won't let me buy any more perals says contact Microsoft support: How do i get this fixed my bank says it nothing on there end 38729bfe-6f0f-43ad-abc0-23ef25315640
  10. How could Microsoft say no more Fable for financial reasons???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How could Microsoft say no more Fable for financial reasons???: Its pretty hard for me to believe the Fable games were running in the red financially, That's what Microsoft is claiming, and it just sounds suspicious! If anyone knows the real scuttlebutt on why...