Microsoft should bring the WebTV brand for a streaming TV service.

Discus and support Microsoft should bring the WebTV brand for a streaming TV service. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The PlayStation has PlayStation vue for TV streaming. Microsoft needs to get in the TV streaming game. Maybe the could use the WebTV name and subsidize... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xmarklive, Jun 9, 2016.

1. xmarklive
    xmarklive Guest

The PlayStation has PlayStation vue for TV streaming. Microsoft needs to get in the TV streaming game. Maybe the could use the WebTV name and subsidize it to get a major foot in the door.

:)

xmarklive, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Killer6305
    Killer6305 Guest
    Idea: Xbox Platinum Membership with Zune TV/Movie Subscription(Not Pass)

While IP TV would be amazing, I was actually going with the fact of a streaming service i.e. Netflix/Hulu streaming service allows you to watch TV episodes and what not. I'd rather give my money to Microsoft than either of them to stream my content.

Killer6305, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Timeny
    Timeny Guest
    Media Center Extender...

Alright Microsoft, your competitor Sony has revealed their TV-through-the-console plan, and its even more antagonistic to the cable industry than what we're all asking for from you...

www.ign.com/.../sony-announces-vue-a-cloud-based-tv-service

Could you please at a minimum release a MCE app for the Xbox One?? All we want to do is cutout the cable box and DVR fees - not dump cable all together like Sony's service may make feasible for some folks.

Better yet, release a multi-tuner CableCARD/TA/HDD companion for the Xbox One and cut WMC out of the equation if you like.

If Sony has the balls to introduce a service aimed at replacing traditional cable TV service outright, MS should at least have the courage to bring back WMC/MCE or otherwise provide a way to have their brand new console cutout the cable box rental and DVR
    fees...

Timeny, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Killer6305 Win User

Idea: Xbox Platinum Membership with Zune TV/Movie Subscription(Not Pass)

While IP TV would be amazing, I was actually going with the fact of a streaming service i.e. Netflix/Hulu streaming service allows you to watch TV episodes and what not. I'd rather give my money to Microsoft than either of them to stream my content.
  5. BlackSilverAce Win User

Netflix party!

Forget netflix parties, they should bring back the ability to choose a TV episode
    before it starts to stream...
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox 720 Launch Titles Predictions/Wishlist

[quote user="Snack Cabinet"]It would blow Sony and Nintendo out of the water. That's
    if it did happen. It's very highly unlikely that it will though.[/quote]It happened with the launch of the XBOX. Microsoft hedged their bet with... I believe it was WebTV. WebTV failed, the XBOX succeeded.

I see no reason to believe Microsoft would fragment the user base in that manner. One device for everything.
  7. Tyler LOL 123 Win User

Will Dolby Vision support come to Xbox One X for 4K bluray discs?

My understanding is that it's only supported on streaming now, not discs, for any tv brand.
  8. Noble 29 Win User

Downloading Halo Reach In Holiday Bundle?

Eh, idk. Possibly, but there are a lot of people (myself included) that love the feeling of opening a brand new game and putting a decorated new disc in the tray. That's probably one of the reasons that the "On Live" service isn't very popular. It's just
    streaming games from the internet to your TV so the TV is basically the "console". On Live isn't related to Xbox though.
Thema:

1. Microsoft should bring the WebTV brand for a streaming TV service. - Similar Threads - Microsoft should bring

2. Things that microsoft developers should fix on Xbox Pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Things that microsoft developers should fix on Xbox Pass?: Xbox pass is in beta right now so of course there are a lot of glitches so we might see a lot of updates in the future so what do you think they should fix in my personal opinion they should fix...
  3. Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality: To Microsoft and/or Xbox Support, This company should fix and improve their original xbox one controllers (both black and white colors, by default) for a better experience. Every time I use each...
  4. Microsoft should follow it's own rules, as should we!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should follow it's own rules, as should we!: I recently had my gamertag changed by the enforcement team, which is fine. However the gamertag that I chose was generated by Microsoft, when I chatted with the virtual assistant I was told "...If...
  5. Why should I buy xbox?\Enforcement\Microsoft Shenanigans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why should I buy xbox?\Enforcement\Microsoft Shenanigans: Ive been with xbox a long time, and im tired of their [Mod Removed - Profanity] and not caring. I bought a brand new Division Edition Xb1 and it still to this day it will not connect wirelessly....
  6. Microsoft should make their home UI better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should make their home UI better: I think that Microsoft should remove MIxer from the home screen and just causes lag and make the Microsoft store page come before the Game Pass page. Also the UI of the Microsoft store is really...
  7. Microsoft/ Xbox Live they should make cloud storage memory up to 20TB For updates and installs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft/ Xbox Live they should make cloud storage memory up to 20TB For updates and installs?: WHAT WOULD YOU'LL THINK ABOUT THIS. f32d8edd-95e7-4292-9cda-4cc67947870a
  8. Should Ubisoft and Microsoft start remastered Assassin's Creed (1st game) for xbox one or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should Ubisoft and Microsoft start remastered Assassin's Creed (1st game) for xbox one or...: These are some idea suggestions: Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Xbox live should start remastered Assassin's Creed (1st game) this year with single player with stories from the game and books about...
  9. Does any one else agree that microsoft should get rid of the "always online" feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does any one else agree that microsoft should get rid of the "always online" feature?: Personally I shouldn't be forced to be online simply to play a game that has no online features. I'm more a solo rpg player. I've tried a few MMOS. I don't like the toxic communities brought about...
  10. Microsoft should make the store region free and charge the TAX/VAT per country upon purchase

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft should make the store region free and charge the TAX/VAT per country upon purchase: the store region locked, Microsoft should look into making the store region free and can charge the TAX/VAT for the particular country a lot of us have friends or family members in different...