Microsoft Stereo headset for COD on Xbox one

Discus and support Microsoft Stereo headset for COD on Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I want to purchase a gaming headset for playing games like COD, as i know you can gain an advantage from hearing the direction on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeaceyKiller, Mar 17, 2014.

1. PeaceyKiller
    PeaceyKiller Guest

Hello all,

I want to purchase a gaming headset for playing games like COD, as i know you can gain an advantage from hearing the direction on approaching enemies and also for late night gaming.

I was going to purchase the new Microsoft stereo headset and its very affordable compared to turtle beaches and Astro's. but have a small concern over the headset not having 5.1 surround sound!!!

Does this mean that i wont be able to tell where enemies are?? as the whole point is to tell if they are behind me, above me or to the left or right???

Can someone please help with this concern??

Thanks

:)

PeaceyKiller, Mar 17, 2014
  2. Xbox One Headset Interface Problems

ZigzagLemonHaze,

I can understand your frustration with all the bad luck you have been having. And, for the record, I am not part of the Microsoft staff nor an Xbox customer support employee. But, I can say that we have 2 Xbox Ones and 1 Xbox One S, and 2 of the

Xbox One Stereo Headsets
    . And, both headsets work well, with and without the
    Stereo Headset Adapters
    , on all our Xboxes.

www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset

www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter

SA

greg_window10_installer, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized

Hi Zathrus,

We have two of the
    Xbox Stereo Headset
    with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, and both sets have worked well with no problems for sometime now. And I have used the
    adapter with non-Microsoft headset with no issues. So, given that you say your "3.5 mm cabled headset " works directly connected to the controller, then I regret to say it would seem that the fault lies with the adapter itself and may need to be replace.

SA

greg_window10_installer, Mar 17, 2014
  4. TJHill
    TJHill Guest

to be honest you will not receive true surround sound from any headset as it is always 2 speakers. I have used the TB Atlas and the XO7 The sound quality from both were good and you could get an idea of where things were from the similated surround sound.
    But the XO 7 blew the Atlas out of the water. The Atlas is basically a re-branded XO4. I hope this information helps a little bit.

TJHill, Mar 18, 2014
  5. cookieater821 Win User

Xbox one App

•Some third-party products come with a stereo headset adapter that may look different from the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter made by Microsoft, but they all function the same way.

•You can only connect an Xbox 360 Chat Headset using the stereo headset adapter with a 2.5-mm to 3.5-mm converter, which comes with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The Xbox One Stereo Headset does not include this adapter cable.

support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Xbox One Headset Interface Problems

ZigzagLemonHaze,

I can understand your frustration with all the bad luck you have been having. And, for the record, I am not part of the Microsoft staff nor an Xbox customer support employee. But, I can say that we have 2 Xbox Ones and 1 Xbox One S, and 2 of the

Xbox One Stereo Headsets
    . And, both headsets work well, with and without the
    Stereo Headset Adapters
    , on all our Xboxes.

SA
  7. greg_window10_instal Win User

Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized

Hi Zathrus,

We have two of the
    Xbox Stereo Headset
    with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, and both sets have worked well with no problems for sometime now. And I have used the
    adapter with non-Microsoft headset with no issues. So, given that you say your "3.5 mm cabled headset " works directly connected to the controller, then I regret to say it would seem that the fault lies with the adapter itself and may need to be replace.

SA
  8. DangerousBard Win User

Turtle Beaches X22

9. TJHill Win User

to be honest you will not receive true surround sound from any headset as it is always 2 speakers. I have used the TB Atlas and the XO7 The sound quality from both were good and you could get an idea of where things were from the similated surround sound.
    But the XO 7 blew the Atlas out of the water. The Atlas is basically a re-branded XO4. I hope this information helps a little bit.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Stereo headset for COD on Xbox one - Similar Threads - Microsoft Stereo headset

2. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic): Recently my Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset just broke my mic stopped working and I just found out that my right soundbox doesn't work anymore either does anyone know if I can get money...
  3. Microsoft stereo headset echoes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft stereo headset echoes: I have the Microsoft stereo headset and whenever I'm in a party the people in the party would hear an echo. How do I fix that problem? 4fee26d8-61a9-4ba9-965c-3fdccad3e6e7
  4. Absolutely confused on Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset warranty ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Absolutely confused on Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset warranty ...: I purchased the Microsoft XBox One Stereo headset from a major online retailer in October 2014. The retailer web site clearly states it comes with a one year warranty. The microphone stopped...
  5. Brand new Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset cuts out randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset cuts out randomly: Hi All ! I bought the official Microsoft xbox one stereo headset that comes with a stereo headset adapter. I did the update with the adapter and headset plugged in. When playing alone or with...
  6. Question about the Microsoft Stereo Headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about the Microsoft Stereo Headset.: Is it a solid choice? It's obviously not MLG material, but my main question is, can you hear yourself when you talk? Does it playback your voice or is it like the XO four where you can't hear...
  7. microsoft stereo headset and adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft stereo headset and adapter.: I cannot hear myself in the headset. Is this how they are suppose to be? f9fa4ac6-6c3a-4dde-bc1f-5a64e5088317
  8. Microsoft NEEDS to release a Stereo Adapter software/firmware update ASAP.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft NEEDS to release a Stereo Adapter software/firmware update ASAP.: It tunes headset microphones to be incredibly sensitive when using party chat (to the point of major voice distortion and awful quality), tested and confirmed by yours truly on two separate Xbox...
  9. Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1 & Microsoft Headset Stereo Adapter - microphone not recognised: Got my adapter a few days ago now and have updated my controllers via USB. If I plug in either the pink cable for the microphone or a cable from the X1 control box into the MS headset adapter it...
  10. Official Microsoft Stereo headset for Xbox One.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Microsoft Stereo headset for Xbox One.....: I've been looking around for a decent headset since my Turtle Beach won't work on Xb1 and I found the above. Out 14th March priced at £59.99. Please someone find me a linky. My PC really don't...