Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80073cfc

Discus and support Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80073cfc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having an unusual error recently on my Xbox One X. There is an update for the Microsoft Store under my games and apps. It downloads... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by II Kahuna II, Sep 5, 2019.

1. II Kahuna II
    II Kahuna II Guest

Hi all, I've been having an unusual error recently on my Xbox One X. There is an update for the Microsoft Store under my games and apps. It downloads up to 99% and stops every time. Other things are updating or downloading just fine. When I click on the
    download it says my Xbox needs to be updated, but there is no update for my xbox (I've checked under Settings--System--Updates & Downloads). So now I have this download that won't complete for the Microsoft Store. The problem extends to when I actually go
    to the store on my xbox. I can't access the store.

A message of "Sorry, this needs to be reinstalled" "From your Games & apps, uninstall Microsoft Store. Then install it again. (0x80073cfc)"

When I search for that error code on the website, nothing comes up. I also cannot uninstall the Microsoft Store because it's not removable (at least to my knowledge). Any help is appreciated. I know I can reformat the entire xbox, but I would prefer not
    to lose all my downloaded games.

:)

II Kahuna II, Sep 5, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kahuna,

The Microsoft Store app on the Xbox seems to be corrupted so a soft factory reset may be your only option. The process is quick and safe as the "soft" option keeps games and apps installed and all of your data will sync back to the console from the Xbox
    Live Cloud storage once you re-add your profile.

Before trying the reset, go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Let us know the results!
  3. Aviaozinhooo Win User

limpa seu xbox tira todas as contas e coloca de novo

[Translation-Cleans your Xbox takes out all the bills and puts again ]
  4. II Kahuna II Win User

Thank you for the reply, however you cannot uninstall the Microsoft Store App on the Xbox One. My Xbox is also up-to-date so that doesn't need to be updated either.
  5. II Kahuna II Win User

Thank you for the reply. I tried this exactly how you posted it. The Microsoft store update was still in the update section when I turned on my xbox. When the update began, it got to 99% again and stalled out. The store was still inaccessible.
  6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80073cfc - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Error

2. Erreur 0x800704cf Microsoft store [Translation- Error 0x800704cf Microsoft Store]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erreur 0x800704cf Microsoft store [Translation- Error 0x800704cf Microsoft Store]: Bonjour, j'ai un problème avec le Microsoft store et avec mon jeu forza horizon 4 qui me met lorsque que je veux me connecter mon compte :erreur 0x800704cf en me mettant aussi quelque fois que...
  3. Error message 0x00000007 on Microsoft Store when attempting to load game page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message 0x00000007 on Microsoft Store when attempting to load game page: Hi! I've been trying to load the game page for Rainbow Six Siege for a few hours now. I've tried restarting my console a few times and I've also restarted the router, so I assumed that after all...
  4. Microsoft store erro ao usar crédito do gift card (Microsoft store error when using gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store erro ao usar crédito do gift card (Microsoft store error when using gift...: Hola he comprado una tarjeta de regalo de Argentina y Brasil cambiado de cuenta para Argentina y redimido a la tarjeta de regalo, sin embargo cuando intento hacer un juego de compra para mi xbox...
  5. Microsoft Store error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store error: Hello! Yesterday i wanted to buy a game from the store and when i clicked buy it said "we're having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out" . I have tried 2 credit...
  6. Microsoft store won’t load and keeps giving me error code 0x80131505

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store won’t load and keeps giving me error code 0x80131505: i was on microsoft storerying to download a game for free called war frame as some friends had it but wheni went to download it said page could not load and the code mentioned above pls help...
  7. Microsoft store it gives me a error Please explain.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store it gives me a error Please explain.: [img] It gives me an error msg Here 52742abe-aa4b-4f0c-9021-6d1a25f91749
  8. Microsoft Store Download Issues. Cannot connect to Forza Horizon 4. Error Code: 0x80070424...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Download Issues. Cannot connect to Forza Horizon 4. Error Code: 0x80070424...: Hi, I've recently been having trouble connecting online to Forza Horizon 4. Therefore after trying so many things I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. However when I tried to reinstall,...
  9. Purchased game in microsoft store and it says error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased game in microsoft store and it says error: I have an xbox one console. Received a gift card. I purchased GTA 5 and tried to download it. It says "error" and won't download. I'm exhausted trying to figure out how to use it. Would be nice if...
  10. Unable to connect to Microsoft Store, getting error code 0x80072F30

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Microsoft Store, getting error code 0x80072F30: Getting error code 0x80072F30 when I try to connect to Microsoft Store. Have checked my Xbox connection. No issue with connection able to access Youtube 587bc81b-6a9a-4f34-9078-c1ae331ea48b