Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll...

Discus and support Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install a game but know I don't have the space on my c drive. My first idea was to choose a different install location for this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ireallyhatethishorribleos, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll...

Hi, I'm trying to install a game but know I don't have the space on my c drive.

My first idea was to choose a different install location for this game like you would do with any semi-competent app but sadly I don't get a prompt to do so when it comes to the microsoft store. I then (after a bunch of searching the internet) figured out I have to change my storage settings for everything I install so that "new apps will install to" the E drive. I've now done that and restarted my PC but when I go to install the game I get an error saying "Free up space or pick another drive".

The game needs 106 GB and I've got 250GB free on the E drive. I only have 15GB free on my C drive so maybe there's an issue there but based on other games and this one's predecessor I need one or two GB free space in the C drive at most.

Edit:

as it turns out this is a know issue for the game I'm trying to install (froza horizon 5). For whatever reason the game tries to install to the C: drive no matter what and just based on the reviews it has on the store I'd say about 25% of PC-players are experiencing this by-product of deciding not to test the game before release. I guess I'll just have to wait for a fix and see if I'm still interested by the time that happens. If I'm lucky they'll have fixed the incessant crashing as well but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

P.S.: This thing has developed from a genuine query about an installation-issue to just a public rant so there is no need for anyone to try offer solutions. Non-ironically/ sarcastically: I will actually just wait for a fix and not mess about with any complicated settings or other stuff. I was just a curious about the new forza so I'm ok with waiting a month or two. I want to leave the rant up though just as customer-feedback and maybe so people who have the same issue but don't know it's forza-specific can find out

:)

ireallyhatethishorribleos, Nov 16, 2021
  2. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

GamePass PC - Forza - Won't download & install

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. In the case of Forza Horizon 5, some people have reported that the procedure below can help, I hope it helps you too.

2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.

3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.

4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

- If that works, the download will probably pick up where it left off.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  4. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Forza is stuck in limbo, can't download

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the procedure below.

6. MateusFontana Win User

Computer Shutdown during install

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the procedure below.

Thema:

Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll...

1. Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store game

2. Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install apps or games through microsoft store - Error Code: 0x80242020: Whenever I try to install any app I have purchased through Microsoft store, I get Error Code: 0x80242020. "Something happened on our end." It is not my computer, it is not my Microsoft store. I...
  3. Downloading games from Game Pass through the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading games from Game Pass through the microsoft store.: I tried to install Forza Horizon 5 from the microsoft store after getting 3 free months of game pass, but i just got an error that says "Something happened on our end." and when I click on "more...
  4. Forza horizon 5 does not start, it takes me directly to microsoft store game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 does not start, it takes me directly to microsoft store game services: Good afternoon, I wanted to ask for help regarding Forza Horizon 5, for days I can not start the game. when I open it redirects me directly to the Microsoft store game services and never starts...
  5. Issue launching games using Microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue launching games using Microsoft store.: Hello, I got Xbox game pass today and downloaded several games (Mortal Shell, Grounded, and Age of Empires 4); whenever I try to launch any of them after they have been installed, I receive this...
  6. i cant install games on the microsoft store

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant install games on the microsoft store: I think it has something to do with the admin setup anyway i click install and nothing happens for example it didnt work with minecraft launcher and I am alowed to fix it but idk how...
  7. Xbox Live - Microsoft Store: Game Reviews

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live - Microsoft Store: Game Reviews: Helloooo, All of the games on the Microsoft Store accessed from the Xbox have reviews. There is a thumbs up and thumbs down where people can either like or dislike the review. Just like a Youtube...
  8. I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store: I was given a code for Age of Empires 4 that came with the 4k hdr DLC. I don't have a 4k monitor nor an hdr one, i also don't have the 86GB the game+DLC require. When trying to install the game...
  9. Game updates on Microsoft store force entire game to reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updates on Microsoft store force entire game to reinstall: Hello! Every time I download a game from the xbox app or windows store on my pc, everything works great until the game requires an update. For a split second the actual game update shows up (which...
  10. cant download games from microsoft store to my D:/ drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download games from microsoft store to my D:/ drive.: Normally when downloading games from the Microsoft store it games me a drop-down to choose between my C and D drives. When I try to install FH5 it just says that there isn't enough space on the...