Microsoft store games won't update (PC)

Discus and support Microsoft store games won't update (PC) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my Gears 5 on my PC but when I go to the settings it says it's up to date meanwhile while I try to launch gears it says out of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by termonater786, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft store games won't update (PC)

I'm trying to update my Gears 5 on my PC but when I go to the settings it says it's up to date meanwhile while I try to launch gears it says out of date and does not work. I know there's an update that came out and I've tried resetting the store and many other things to get access to it. The same problem is happening with stellaris that game won't update either. I also don't own either of the games but I have game pass, the updates worked fine for my friend who has game pass as well but the update won't appear for me so I'm unable to play the game.

:)

termonater786, Sep 15, 2021
  2. ChristopherMican Win User

Apps not working after latest update

Another update, while my IP won't be out here until Thursday, I had a PC update and now my Microsoft Store won't download apps there either. So it seems to be the Microsoft Store on both Xbox and PC.
  3. termonater786 Win User

I tried that solution and once again it still displays no update available, I also tried the solution of the other reply to this thread and neither worked. I doubt its because I have gears on an external hard drive because i switched it to my main PC storage and still nothing.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

I recommend you try the solution below, please.

Solution 1:

Go to your system settings>applications>applications and features>find Gears 5>left mouse button on it>advanced options>click repair, open the game and see if the problem persists.

Solution 2:

Run PowerShell as administrator, after that, run the command below.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

*Restart your computer after this - It is extremely important to do this

When starting the computer Run PowerShell as administrator again and run the command below.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Now check if there are the gears update to do, click on get updates in the upper right corner of the window, where your avatar is.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello termonater786

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying to perform a clean boot to your Windows 10 PC: How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com)

If the issue persists, Try to delete the store cache by:

• Press Windows key or open Windows Start, then type wsreset in the search bar
    • Right-click on wsreset.exe and select Run as Administrator
    • This will clean the Windows Store cache. Make sure you don’t press anything while the command prompt is working.
    • Windows Store will open when it’s been reset and you should restart your PC.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App for PC Message issue

Thema:

1. Microsoft store games won't update (PC) - Similar Threads - Microsoft store games

2. Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...: This is my first post, but I feel like I've been here for a while. I have a new Win10 pc. I'm a long-time subscriber to Game Pass on console, but recently decided to try it on PC to enjoy Flight...
  3. NBA 2k22 microsoft store not letting me buy the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2k22 microsoft store not letting me buy the game: Hey, I had just installed nba 2k22 and it says i need to buy to own and i try to but it keeps giving me an error and I cannot buy at all. I tried restarting my console numerous times and still...
  4. MSFS 2020 directs to Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 directs to Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When I try to open MSFS 2020 it is strangely opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store. All my Microsoft Store updates have been done and Gaming Services has been installed (has been for a...
  5. Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?: Hi there, I'm just wondering why i cant add the games i bought through the MS store on PC to the xbox app on PC so i can track my achievements and what not. It seems ridiculous that this is not...
  6. Visual glitch on some microsoft store games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Visual glitch on some microsoft store games: Hi, I have download a couple of games from Microsoft Store but some of them are experiencing a visual glitch where a couple of things on the screen are fully black. need some help [img]...
  7. Help! Game Pass opens Microsoft Store to install Gaming Services (even if it's installed)...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! Game Pass opens Microsoft Store to install Gaming Services (even if it's installed)...: Hey there! Whenever I try to run games from Game Pass for the PC, it opens up Microsoft Store and browses to Gaming Services, even if it's already installed. It's literally driving me insane...
  8. Forza horizon 4- Trial has expired purchase game in microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4- Trial has expired purchase game in microsoft store.: i have xbox game pass, i can install the game in the xbox app but apprently it doesnt exist in the microsoft store anymore? and it says i dont own it when its clearly installed and i can even...
  9. Bring Back Highest Rated Games as a Primary Category in Microsoft Store

in XboX Insiders
    Bring Back Highest Rated Games as a Primary Category in Microsoft Store: The new Microsoft Store made one change that really, really does not sit well with me. Many people will remember the several years, if not half a decade, of the games category that Witcher 3...
  10. Microsoft Store Update Games Got Error Info 0x80070020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Update Games Got Error Info 0x80070020: When we tried to update the game on the Microsoft store, it always got stuck by showing the error info: Something unexpected happened, and the error code is: 0x80070020. [img] But when we...