Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. As mentioned in the title, I experience an issue where I am unable to launch Forza Horizon 5. I play the game using the PC GamePass. There is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by elixss_, May 16, 2022.

1. elixss_
    elixss_ Guest

Hello.

As mentioned in the title, I experience an issue where I am unable to launch Forza Horizon 5. I play the game using the PC GamePass.

There is a link with a video that shows how it looks like when I want to start the game.

What have I tried to solve the issue?

- Reinstalled the Game

- Reinstalled Gaming Services

- "Repaired" both apps in the Windows settings

- Installed latest Windows updates

Basically everything I could find when I searched in the web. I use Windows 11 Home.

https://youtu.be/tQaCTMxJsHQ

:)

elixss_, May 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Elixss

As you already try most of troubleshooting steps, in case we have 4 options left:

1. Is contact Forza support, in that way they can assist your further on this:
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...

2. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one that is causing conflicts

3. If you're on Windows 11, downgrade to 10 and try again. Or do the opposite case if you're able to upgrade to 11.

4. Perform a clean boot keeping games and files on your actual Windows version, in that way you're going to have a clean installation of windows system.

For all this, in the link below you can see steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...
  3. PunishedDad Win User

Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC)

I had the same issue with trying to open Forza Horizon 5 from game pass, would open the microsoft store to the "gaming services" page just to tell me it's already installed. Tried multiple reboots an reinstalling the xbox app. Tried the "repair" and "reset" buttons in the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 and after a reboot the xbox app won't even recognize the game is installed, asks me to install it again and then returns an error when I try (Error code: 0x00000001)
    When I try to open the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 from the start menu now it just leads to the generic apps window and doesn't locate FH5 at all.

so like what I just have > 100gig of dead space on my SSD now? nice

edit: I updated windows and tried installing FH5 to a different drive, it downloaded like 100mb of data and then recognized the game and let me open it from my SSD again. weird but ok
  4. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  5. SamQY Win User

Forza Horizon 5 opening Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Did you install Windows 10 from your PC or did a clean install using a flash drive and format your hard drives? If you didn't install as I mentioned, I recommend doing it.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

Hello, DAMIANMYRDA. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

I just saw other user having the same problem as you described like 30 minutes ago. I think it's a bug that just started to happen.

Would you please wait a few hours and see if the issue goes away? If it doesn't, please let me know and we will start troubleshooting it.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Gaming

2. if i open forza horizon 5 i get send to the microsoft store at game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i open forza horizon 5 i get send to the microsoft store at game services: Yes i have tried going to apps then forza then advanced settings yes i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it (twice) yes i have checked for updates HELP ME HELP ME [img]...
  3. Microsoft Store on Console system all of the installed games not showing Manage Button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store on Console system all of the installed games not showing Manage Button...: (This is my question post; I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem on their Xbox and if anyone have found anyway to fix this type of problem) Microsoft store on Xbox One X,...
  4. Microsoft store on Xbox One X, installed games not showing Manage Button after game is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store on Xbox One X, installed games not showing Manage Button after game is...: Microsoft store on Xbox One X, installed games not showing Manage Button, it shows (INSTALL) You own This, for games installed on the Internal hard drive. "Life is Strange Remastered" is one title...
  5. Downloading Games in Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading Games in Microsoft Store: I have been trying to download World of Warships for some time now on both Microsoft Store and Xbox Games. For some reason, whenever I start the download process, it has repeatedly only starting...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store: My Forza Horizon 5 game kept on opening the gaming services app in the Microsoft store. So, I decided to reinstall the gaming services app. Nothing changed. Then I reinstalled Forza Horizon 5. The...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services: I am in desperate need of some help. For the past three months or so I have been plagued with Forza Horizon 5 gaming services bugs. When I launch Forza Horizon 5, instead of actually launching the...
  8. Is anyone else having issues with downloading a game on Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having issues with downloading a game on Microsoft Store?: Abradoodle Bingo does not want to load most times. I did contact their support, and they said I am using an older version, but they are not able to put the Newer version on Microsoft Store. Is...
  9. GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services): Dear All, I have been a long term GamePass user so I am used to its occasional wobbles. However for the last few weeks I have been unable to use the service at all, as whenever I go to launch a...
  10. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store: So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix this??? 6ec4efe8-9e1d-486e-81cf-58b65be3cc24