Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification

Discus and support Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon, The service I have received from Microsoft today has been completely unsatisfactory. I requested a refund for a product purchased in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by amimmortal, Apr 7, 2020.

1. amimmortal
    amimmortal Guest

Good afternoon,

The service I have received from Microsoft today has been completely unsatisfactory.

I requested a refund for a product purchased in error for the Xbox One platform, via the Windows 10 Microsoft Store. This request was denied because "[Microsoft's] refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or
    consumed
    "

The ticket ID is [Mod Removed]

This content was purchased, in error, for the Xbox One platform
    – I do not own an Xbox One, so it is not possible for me to install it, play it or consume it as your response indicates

My daughter had navigated to the purchase page via the Microsoft Store on her Windows 10 PC, at which point is was not obvious to me that the game was actually for the Xbox One. Quite why someone would purchase an Xbox One game via the Windows store
    is beyond me...

I noticed the error immediately and requested the refund on the same day of purchase. As such I am entitled to a refund and I would ask that you attend to this as quickly as possible.

The fact that I can no longer raise this request, or contact Microsoft via the support options, indicate a somewhat cavalier attitude to customer service, and my rights as a consumer.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Andrew Clarke.

:)

amimmortal, Apr 7, 2020
  2. JPJCR Win User

I would recommend appealing the decision.

Have you had a recent refund within the past year?

You’d have the contact the customer service panel for those side of things as we do not deal with purchases or refunds!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you requested a refund for a digital game, but the refund was denied. Also, you would like to appeal the decision that was made. The moderators, volunteer moderators and ambassadors do not have
    the ability to manage refunds or the billing section of a Microsoft account. The best option in this scenario is to appeal the decision by responding to the email that was sent. Please provided as much detail as possible in the email, and you will receive
    a follow up email. We hope this information helps Andrew!
  4. PrefacedWaif159 Win User

Microsoft will not have unjustifiably say no to refunding content iv had this debate with them many times. All digital content is none refundable and doesn't comply with refund rules there for such preorder content and digital content is once charged is
    not going to get a refund endorsed by microsoft because compliance says no. Your next step would be going through arbitration which can be a costly experience.
  5. amimmortal Win User

Hi,

How would one contact the "customer service panel", and what exactly is this?

Thanks.

A.
  6. amimmortal Win User

Hi,

Bear in mind I've only resorted to this forum because it seems there is no other way to contact Microsoft.

I have replied to the e-mail, though it should be noted that at no point in the e-mail does it suggest the course of action if I am unhappy with the initial response.

No doubt the e-mail will disappear off into the ether.

Thanks.

A.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Refund

2. Microsoft Store refund denial appeal escalation options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store refund denial appeal escalation options: I recently had a horrendous experience with Microsoft's refund department. Because the appeal options are not made very obvious, I wanted to lay them out here with the hope that this may help...
  3. Refunds on a digital game bought in microsoft store on Xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refunds on a digital game bought in microsoft store on Xbox one: I bought pes 2020 earlier today and I don't need the game/ want the game, I haven't even loaded it up. Every time I go to refund it through my account I go to click on the refund form pop up and...
  4. Microsoft store game ( refund )

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store game ( refund ): I just bought Call of Duty MW from Microsoft store expecting that it will work in my PC, I need a solution to refund my money back. Could I have an answer please?......
  5. microsoft store oyun iadesi [Translation - microsoft store game refund]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store oyun iadesi [Translation - microsoft store game refund]: sipariş numarası [Mod Removed - Personal Information] olan Forza horizon 4 oyunu nu iade etmek istiyorum ve diğer siparişim olan eklenti paketi numarası [Mod Removed - Personal Information] bu...
  6. I cannot refund a game I bought on the online microsoft store.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I cannot refund a game I bought on the online microsoft store.: Today I bought Titanfall 2 deluxe edition, but after realizing it was the version only available for the Xbox 1 I quickly tried to request a refund. I realize now it was a stupid mistake to make,...
  7. Refund Request For A Microsoft Store Game, with no response within 72 hours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Request For A Microsoft Store Game, with no response within 72 hours?: I had recently bought ARK: Survival Evolved from the Microsoft Store (digitally) , and had requested a refund, because It was accidentally bought on the wrong account. Though receiving a former...
  8. Microsoft store 게임 환불 [Microsoft Store Game Refunds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store 게임 환불 [Microsoft Store Game Refunds: 윈도우 스 어에서 마인크래프트를 샀는데 알 보니 플랫폼이 달라 사용이 불가능 합니다. 환불이 가능한가요? Translation:[I bought Minecraft from the Windows store and it's not possible to use different platforms. Can I be refunded?]...
  9. Xbox/Microsoft Store Refunds

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox/Microsoft Store Refunds: When I purchased Deus Ex: Mankind Divided- Digital Deluxe Edition just over a week ago now, I was happy to see Microsoft had adopted a more than fair returns policy when I also realised I already...
  10. When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    When did Microsoft Store's refund and support policy become so bad?: I pre-ordered a digital copy Fallout 76 in mid November. The game was horribly glitchy and crashed incessantly right off the hop. I thought, "Hey, it's a big game, lets give them some time to...