Microsoft support inadequate, someone assist

Discus and support Microsoft support inadequate, someone assist in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Using my old D1 Xbox One disc to try and install Destiny, the Xbox doesn't even recognize that it's there. It doesn't read it. It doesn't realize it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CO45, May 12, 2022.

1. CO45
    CO45 Guest

Using my old D1 Xbox One disc to try and install Destiny, the Xbox doesn't even recognize that it's there. It doesn't read it. It doesn't realize it's an Xbox disc. I don't get any pop-up windows saying what's wrong, the disc just doesn't work in the Xbox.

Now, it's a fine disc, nothing is wrong with it nor with the Xbox.

Anyone got an answer, or, if I'm willing to risk it, anyone trying to gameshare?

:)

2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, CO45. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console? if you do, please remove them all and try installing your game directly onto the console's internal storage.

If that doesn't work or you are not using external storage with your console, then please give this a try:

- Eject your disc, and leave it out throughout this process.

- Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features, and make sure Remote Features are enabled for your console.

Do a power reset on your console:

1. If you have an external HD, please unplug it and let it unplugged for testing purposes.

​​​2. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug all the cables (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, plug all the cables in again (except for the external HD) and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.

​​​

- Download the Xbox mobile app and connect it to your console.

- Look for your game through the app's search bar.

- Select "*Download to console". This should trigger a digital download for the game, even if you've never purchased it digitally.

- Wait for the game to complete installation and insert the disc, then try launching the game.

See if this helps you install and play Destiny and let me know.
  3. Dirty Loco Win User

Websites suggest Microsoft support for assistance...

These are community forums,and are not Xbox Support, so avoid posting any personal information here. Xbox Support can be contacted
    HERE.

Also, you may want to read the
    XBOX LIVE SECURITY
    page for more information on keeping your gamertag secure
  4. Tormaz Win User

Someone has signed up for Xbox with my gmail account-Referred here to the Ambassadors by support

Hello!

Xbox support should be able to resolve this issue directly. I would just make sure they understand that this e-mail address is yours and someone has mistakenly added your e-mail to their Microsoft account. If the support you originally spoke with was not
    helpful, someone else should be able to assist.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamepass Ultimate Reward for Forza 4 not working

Hi Modern,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Is this for the Microsoft rewards? If so you can fill out a ticket and someone will assist you. When logged into Microsoft rewards app, scroll to the bottom and select contact Microsoft rewards support. This will open a ticket.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox 360 Kinect

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today..

Microsoft no longer officially supports the kinect. You can check on eBay to see if you find someone who wants to sell theirs.
Thema:

1. Microsoft support inadequate, someone assist - Similar Threads - Microsoft support inadequate

2. Microsoft Warranty Support Not Calling Back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Warranty Support Not Calling Back: I have a headset that needs warranty replacement. It says I'm out of warranty (7 months) but I bought it back in November 2021, 6 months ago and I have the receipt. I asked for a call back and it...
  3. Why Does Microsoft/Xbox support page not load?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does Microsoft/Xbox support page not load?: Hello, This is something that needs an immediate response from Microsoft. I am attempting to enable multiplayer on my Minecraft account after migrating from Mojang. Firstoff, the fact that...
  4. Microsoft Edge Background Support

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge Background Support: Hello, I was trying to search around and couldn’t find any information related to the topic.. is there any way to run Microsoft edge in the background on my series X (hoping to use discord)....
  5. My experience with Microsoft support

in XBoX on Windows
    My experience with Microsoft support: Hi, my name is Vincent, the reason for posting this is to let people know just how terrible Microsoft support has been to me the past 6 almost 7 months. I bought an Xbox Series X brand new, it...
  6. Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.: I bought the game ELEX 2 and after playing it for a couple of hours I realized that I don't like the game because It has to many bugs / is poorly made and asked for a refund after less than a...
  7. Contacting a Microsoft Support Agent to help with regaining Microsoft Minecraft Account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Contacting a Microsoft Support Agent to help with regaining Microsoft Minecraft Account...: About last summer I did a windows reinstall, but before this I ended up porting my Minecraft account to Microsoft without noting the email & have been unable to play on the account since. I have...
  8. Cannot reach Microsoft Support

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot reach Microsoft Support: Trying to contact support about my Xbox Series X displaying GPU failure for months but all the website says is that the website is having technical difficulties. It's been like this for months and...
  9. Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support: My Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks. From a bit of a search I can see this is a known issue. I've tried all the things I can do from my end - a reinstall, reboot router, etc - and...
  10. Left completely hanging by Microsoft Xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left completely hanging by Microsoft Xbox support: I tried to open a case online for a broken Xbox Series X controller and the website wasn't working/didn't let me. I chose all the correct options and when I go into my account online under repair...