Microsoft titles not launching after purchasing Xbox GamePass (PC)

Discus and support Microsoft titles not launching after purchasing Xbox GamePass (PC) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Looking for some help with an issue I can't seem to resolve... Since purchasing Xbox GamePass for PC, and installing a few different tiles (Sea of... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iTrask, Sep 8, 2019.

1. /u/iTrask
    /u/iTrask Guest

Looking for some help with an issue I can't seem to resolve...

Since purchasing Xbox GamePass for PC, and installing a few different tiles (Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 etc.) I suddenly can no longer launch any Microsoft games. I had previously purchased Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7 and a few other Microsoft titles, and it appears all these tiles no longer launch. The application doesn't launch or provide an error code, simply a splash screen comes up and then window closes and the game never launches. This is now happening with Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 and other titles I downloaded as part of the Gamepass subscription. I was able to previously play these AFTER purchasing the Gamepass, but as far as I can tell, nothing has changed to cause these tiles to stop launching.

Here's what I've tried -

• So.. many.. restarts (basically after I've changed anything)
    • Updated to the most recent Nvidia GeForce driver.
    • Updated to the most recent Windows 10 version I can find.
    • Uninstalled MSI Afterburner and RTSS.
    • Uninstalled and re-installed nearly all of these tiles, Forza Horizon 4 multiple times.
    • Moved games to different hard drives, SSD and HDD.
    • Launching as Administrator (my account is the admin, only login on the PC)
    • Completely cancelled my Xbox GamePass Beta Subscription (not turned off Recurring Billing, actually cancelled it and got a refund)
    • Uninstalled the Xbox (Beta) PC application.
    • Tried launching it through GeForce Experience.

With all the troubleshooting I've done, it's not game specific, hard drive specific, the only recurring factor here is they're Microsoft purchased titles, that I had owned prior to the Xbox Gamepass subscription. The issue started last night, after the majority of the Xbox services were down for a few hours (coincidentally right when I purchased the Gamepass subscription) and now that all Xbox services have been restored, the issue hasn't been resolved.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! I will be submitting a support ticket to Microsoft as well, but curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

TL;DR - Gamepass broke all my Microsoft titles, nothing launches. See troubleshooting steps, looking for suggestions.

submitted by /u/iTrask
    [link] [comments]

/u/iTrask, Sep 8, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Game Pass Ultimate - without the PC Games

Why?

Any title in gamepass ultimate arent available on xbox they are the exact same titles all the pc titlea however are play anywhere titles which means they are on both platforms its just an extra benefit

Pc gamepass is a different price since it doesnt need gold but doesnt affect xbox gamepass since the xbox gamepass is bigger and has more titles then the pc gamepass

Not every title is xbox play anywhere but as the pc gamepass is only in beta its still new however xbox gamepass is only 1 dollsr promotion if you do it right yoi can max it out for 3years with the one time upgrade
  3. H3PA80R Win User

why i can play only 12 game on game pass

As the others already mentioned.the gamepass is a service for the xbox. There are some games that can be played on the PC as they are play anywhere titles. So there is no wrong promise on Microsofts side there.. If you have an active gamepass you could
    use this on your xbox and your pc. You dont have to pay twice.
  4. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Just Cause 4 now available with game pass more are coming

Completely agree. Nearly purchased the game at launch but didn't due to many other titles needing attention. So excited to see this come to the gamepass. It's getting better and better with time which is fantastic to see. Excited for the future of
    the gamepass.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Game Pass Ultimate - without the PC Games

Sorry there is a few games that are pc only in the pass but not enough to make a signifficant charge aince they are all indie titles everything else which are major 3rd party titles are play anywhere titles which are already included on the xbox side

The pc gamepass is a.seperate charge for.the pc only.but doesnt affext rhe xbox gamepass
  6. Kimazart Win User

Cannot Play recently purchased title.

Thema:

1. Microsoft titles not launching after purchasing Xbox GamePass (PC) - Similar Threads - Microsoft titles launching

2. Microsoft Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire: Geacht Forum, Graag speel ik deze Editie. Doch telkens na even uitgelogd te zijn, zie ik mijn tijdteller knalhard omhoog gaan.. Zo ook vannacht! Om circa 00.50 spel hervat met 40 minuten...
  3. Problem with purchase (Microsoft account balance)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem with purchase (Microsoft account balance): I can't buy Kingdom Come: Deliverence - DLC Collection, with using my Microsoft account balance. The price is 199 ARS and my balance is 200 ARS. Every time, i try to buy this item it shows that my...
  4. Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander: I was thinking about the growing number of games that support mouse and keyboard and also accessibility and the Adaptive Controller and I suddenly remembered the Sidewinder Strategic Commander....
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Wordament Level Titles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Wordament Level Titles: I am a premium subscriber for the Microsoft Ultimate Word Games, and in Wordament I am level 240, however, for over 100 levels my title has not changed from "Grandmaster". Is this the last title?...
  6. Microsoft, please turn rocket league into an 'xbox play anywhere' title too.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, please turn rocket league into an 'xbox play anywhere' title too.: I really want to start playing it on my computer but don't want to have to buy it through steam and start my progress all over again from the beginning. The xbox play anywhere feature is genius...
  7. Please Microsoft, Get Us a REAL Baseball Title

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please Microsoft, Get Us a REAL Baseball Title: For the love of all that is holy, please get us a real baseball game. It has been far too long and you're pushing people towards PS4. I'm strongly considering switching because of this. What...
  8. Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rumour: Microsoft Has An Exclusive Licensed NFL Football Title in the Works: Take this strictly as a rumour until any official confirmation comes through, but it appears that Microsoft may be working on an officially-licensed NFL football title that will be exclusive to...
  9. Is anyone upset that Microsoft's Flag Ship Title is only 792p...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone upset that Microsoft's Flag Ship Title is only 792p...: right now they are saying its 792, but they have said they will bump that up. I am sure they will soon enough.. the game still looks AMAZING... I hope folks will enjoy it, it's going to be a great...
  10. MICROSOFT TITLE TRADE-IN PROGRAM

in XBoX on Consoles
    MICROSOFT TITLE TRADE-IN PROGRAM: Cant return something you dont actually own... I personally dont think MS will be convinced to give anyone money to return something they dont own 33d14b39-07d7-482a-ab18-69a0023db300