Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe...

Discus and support Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I rented "Spiderman: Far from Home" the other day to watch on my Xbox 360. When I started playing it, a narrators voice was describing everything on... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Samz4, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Samz4
    Samz4 Guest

Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe...

I rented "Spiderman: Far from Home" the other day to watch on my Xbox 360. When I started playing it, a narrators voice was describing everything on the screen. It was very distracting. I spent a long time looking for ways to shut it off. Finally I came
    to the forum to see if there was a fix. It turns out that 360's cannot disable this voice when it appears. I thought, no worries, I'll just ask for a refund on the movie.

I put in the refund request only to have it denied. The Xbox representative said it was ineligible for refund due to the TOS. I responded with a question of what part of the TOS allows Microsoft to refuse a refund on a movie that is unwatchable. They responded
    with the same comment that it was part of the TOS. I clicked the link they gave me and I found nothing about not respecting a refund when the product is unusable.

This is a very foolish thing for Microsoft to be refusing to do. I did not get past the introduction, I asked for the refund within 30 minutes of purchasing. It was unwatchable for me and my wife. And yet Microsoft refused to refund. I'm taking to the forum
    as a way to warn others to not rent with 360s.

Also, Its a shame that Microsoft is refusing to be sane about a simple refund. As I've said before. I will not be using Xbox's services for movie renting. I'm sure Google or Apple would prefer our business.

:)

Samz4, Oct 10, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe Video) with no way to shut off.

3. Dageto Kraft Win User

Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe Video) with no way to shut off.

Sometimes, the attitudes they adopt in reimbursements are very silly, there are more and more users with complaints, hopefully they take another step in their responses
  4. Samz4 Win User

For a refund you will have to fill out the form located at the following link.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-refund

That is the only way to start the process to get a refund. No one in the forums can help with that.
    From Post "

I put in the refund request only to have it denied. The Xbox representative said it was ineligible for refund due to the TOS. I responded with a question of what part of the TOS allows Microsoft to refuse a refund on a movie
    that is unwatchable. They responded with the same comment that it was part of the TOS. I clicked the link they gave me and I found nothing about not respecting a refund when the product is unusable."

I hope it is policy to read a post before responding.
  5. Sparkypinball66 Win User

Movie Rental Refund Denied

And here's what I found on the terms of sale page. Seems they have a loophole for no digital content refunds no matter the issue.

Digital goods like apps, games, add-on content, subscriptions, movies, TV shows, and books aren't returnable unless the offer or applicable law states that you're eligible
    for a refund.

Seems like a shady business practice.

For posterity and future customer searches: Spider-Man Far from Home or Spiderverse movie rentals on Xbox 360 comes with narration for the visibly impaired with no known solution to turn it off. Microsoft Store will not refund your money.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to turn of descriptive audio on Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 doesn't have the option to turn on or off narrator>>only Xbox one does. However, you can check the movie and app setting and see if this option is available. Or did the movie you purchase come with this option? Some
    movies have a director's cut where they narrate the movie.

Someone else posted this same question last week. And the end result was them requesting a refund from Microsoft because they couldn't see the option to turn off narrator in the movie. You can always speak to a Microsoft agent by
    requesting a call back or speaking to a live agent via chat too regarding this matter https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-360
Thema:

1. Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe... - Similar Threads - Microsoft refund 360

2. Microsoft Won’t Give Refund or Explanation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Won’t Give Refund or Explanation: r.e: 22,500 Robux for Xbox:ROBLOX Hello, Looking for the reason Microsoft /xbox declined my refund request. My son purchased 22,500 Robux /Roblox. I received a notice of sale ($199), and right...
  3. My son brought a game for microsoft 10 without my permission, can I get a refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son brought a game for microsoft 10 without my permission, can I get a refund?: My Son brought Minecraft for our Windows 10 without asking me. He used my paypal account which I didn't even know was attached to my Microsoft account. I have already uninstalled it off the laptop...
  4. HELP: Microsoft baited me to fix problem and then refused to refund the item

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP: Microsoft baited me to fix problem and then refused to refund the item: Dear Xbox support, I bought Forza Horizon 4 (the first game I ever bought on windows store) and tried to update my nickname, in nowhere it said that my nickname on Forza would become...
  5. Refund microsoft app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund microsoft app: Need some assistance bought minecraft dungeons a few days ago been unable to install, install button litterally does nothing and just other it would like a refund how would one go around to...
  6. Refund microsoft dungeons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund microsoft dungeons: I want to refund microsoft dungeons on PC. I have purchased it recently and have played it less than 20 minutes i believe. I was not clever enough to realize that purchasing it on PC wont make it...
  7. lost $200 from Robux!!! microsoft WONT refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost $200 from Robux!!! microsoft WONT refund: my 5 year old daughter made an unauthorized purchase on my account. of $189 on may 21st 2020 while playing a game called "Robox" she was able to make a in-game purchase of over $189 of "robux (an...
  8. Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -...: My son got a £15 XBOX gift card for his birthday in March. It was faulty and when he scratched off the code it took the redemption code with it. Took it back to shop "we can't help, ask...
  9. Microsoft took my refund and the product I was refunding.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft took my refund and the product I was refunding.: English. On 04/18/2020 I purchased a game by mistake in the Microsoft Store, an hour later I realized that money had been deducted from my credit card and so I decided to contact Microsoft...
  10. Nitrado and Microsoft Refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nitrado and Microsoft Refund: So back in February I paid for 2 Nitrado servers to run for 20 slots for 90 days, it cost me a little over $120 dollars, Then all the crazy hit and I asked Nitrado for a refund 20 days later....