Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Wireless Display App installed on my XBox series S and my PC is connected via wireless on the same SSID but when I press 'Windows P' and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gahmmelser, May 24, 2022.

1. Gahmmelser
    Gahmmelser Guest

I have the Wireless Display App installed on my XBox series S and my PC is connected via wireless on the same SSID but when I press 'Windows P' and 'Connect to a wireless display', I can only see my television and not my XBox. I've tried rebooting both the console and PC but the problem persists. Why is my XBox not coming up as a wireless display connection option?

:)

Gahmmelser, May 24, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

The Xbox Series S/X only has a HDMI socket for display, so it will only support that display option. As for 720p or 1080p, it should support 1080p, but 720p is anyone's guess, as Microsoft haven't stated if it supports 720p or not.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox One S stuck at 640 x 480 resolution

Given you have tried multiple monitors and cables, then it does point to your console likely being at fault. The 640x480 is like a default display when there are issues....my Series X used to periodically display this on start-up as, for some reason, it would not detect the 4k side of my TV....luckily it always resolved by unplugging the HDMI lead and plugging it back in again.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
  5. Sp4rkl0n Win User

Xbox one wireless card not working

Does your Xbox detect your Wireless Network?
  6. Nursemorph Win User

How to transfer xbox one games to series x?

You should be able to do that, yes:

"Power down your Xbox One.

1. Unplug the external drive.
    2. Connect the external drive to your Xbox Series X, S.
    3. Power on your Xbox Series X, S.
    4. Wait for the external drive to be detected. This may take a couple of minutes.
    5. When the drive is detected, you are free to copy any games you want onto the Xbox Series X, S internal storage."
    Taken from here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-transfer-data-xbox-one-series-x-series-s
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Microsoft Wireless headset on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless headset on PC: Hi Has anyone used the MS Wireless Headset on a PC - i cant seem to get the same sound quality it has on Xbox - how do i adjust its audio quality, also the Volume mixer on the left ear cup doesnt...
  3. Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.: I have a Microsoft wireless display adapter. I am having an issue with getting my Xbox to cast to a projector. I have plugged the WDA into the HDMI and USB on the projector, and downloaded the...
  4. Microsoft wireless headsets for XBOX / Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headsets for XBOX / Bluetooth: I recently bought the Microsoft wireless headsets for XBOX/Bluetooth, and in general they work fine, but every time I want to use them with a Bluetooth device (such as mobile or PC) when I turn...
  5. Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support: My Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks. From a bit of a search I can see this is a known issue. I've tried all the things I can do from my end - a reinstall, reboot router, etc - and...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Headset - Sound Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Wireless Headset - Sound Issues: I have my headset attached to my xbox and my PC via bluetooth and am running windows 10. When I do anything on the PC related to voice such as a discord call, clicking on the recording options in...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Headset is Trash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless Headset is Trash: I bought my son the MS wireless headset, and it is nothing 100% trash. You can hear EVERY button he hits on his controller through his mic. The headset doesn't even try to suppress background...
  8. XBOX microsoft Wireless headset. Led and other issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX microsoft Wireless headset. Led and other issue: Hello everyone I just bought the xbox wireless headset. I love them! I would like to leave two feedbacks The first concerns the LED: Wouldn't it be better if you could only turn on the LED...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor V2

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor V2: I have a MWDA that worked well but hasn't been used for a while. I used it with a projector today and it won't connect. It has the Microsoft logo and moving dots that look like the device is...
  10. Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!: I have had my Xbox Series X and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headphones for 2 days. Have had issues with the headphones not playing audio since the beginning. Today I noticed that the chat mixer is all...