Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck!

Discus and support Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have had my Xbox Series X and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headphones for 2 days. Have had issues with the headphones not playing audio since the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JVGen, Nov 22, 2021.

1. /u/JVGen
    /u/JVGen Guest

I have had my Xbox Series X and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headphones for 2 days. Have had issues with the headphones not playing audio since the beginning. Today I noticed that the chat mixer is all the way set on “chat”. Move the left dial on the headphones does not adjust it as it should. Hard reset Xbox and re-paired headset. Problem persists. Are these headphones totally junk? Should I just return?

I found reference to this issue from almost a year ago on this group, but thread appears closed: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

submitted by /u/JVGen
    [link] [comments]

/u/JVGen, Nov 22, 2021
  2. MarkPeterson7 Win User

Disable Game Audio on headset for Xbox one

I assume there has been an update, as I can not see/find a chat mixer that allows me to hear chat only in my wireless headset--- is there any other method to use to adjust headset to chat only?
  3. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  4. Gamerguy3602 Win User

Headset volume

Yes I have. I am using a wireless headset, and for some odd reason, there is no slider for wireless headset. The only options I get for chat mixer are Reduce Volume of other sound by 80% or 50% I've tried them both but they don't seem to do much at all.
  5. L4W M4N 114 Win User

Webcam

USB webcam. Stream to mixer and twitch. Wireless controller. Astro a40tr headset with optical audio. I've tried my wireless headset but no change
  6. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
Thema:

1. Microsoft wireless headset chat mixer stuck! - Similar Threads - Microsoft wireless headset

2. Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset sound issues in Microsoft games (PC): So this is a known issue, that when you connect via official Xbox dongle, with Xbox Wireless Headset, your sound starts cutting out in games with spatial audio. The problem is MS doesn't allow to...
  3. Microsoft wireless series headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless series headset: Hi all! Today I received my anticipated wireless series headset. Being extremely curious for the sound quality I instantly tried connecting the headset via bluetooth to my phone and listened to...
  4. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset: Hi, i have a Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset it was working pefectly for about a month, today in the middle of a TEAMS meeting suddenly i can hear anytrhing, when i check the headset i noticed...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Headset. Problem with volume ring when connected to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless Headset. Problem with volume ring when connected to PC: Hi guys. I am the lucky owner of the headphones. However, I have encountered the following problem: the volume ring (right) only works halfway. If you turn it down to minimum, you can't hear...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC...: Hi guys, just like the title says, I'm having trouble with the volume control ring between chat and PC play. My headphones are connected to the PC via an Xbox adapter. Started the game, sound...
  7. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Issues: I have the Xbox wireless headset for series x/s. I have turned up every volume function I can find on the console. I have to turn the right ear cup dial half way or better to get any sound. Is...
  8. Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...

in XboX Insiders
    Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...: Ive had the Arctis 9x xbox version for like 5 months. I havent used them in almost.......5 months. The audio connection is absolutely terrible. It makes the headset basically useless since all you...
  9. Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?: The new wireless headset from Microsoft is great. The only problem is the lack of volume steps. It feels like it increments/decrements the volume level +3/-3 every time you raise/lower the volume....
  10. We're is the patch note for Microsoft wireless headset 0.0.9.18 Update

in XboX Insiders
    We're is the patch note for Microsoft wireless headset 0.0.9.18 Update: Can not find patch notes for the update submitted by /u/CraftyJellyfish [link] [comments]