Microsoft Xbox game bar Captures folder is messed up

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox game bar Captures folder is messed up in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title states, somewhere along the lines my location folder for the captures got changed and I don't know how. It's not even labeled Captures... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DrSeuss7519, Mar 2, 2022.

1. DrSeuss7519
    DrSeuss7519 Guest

As the title states, somewhere along the lines my location folder for the captures got changed and I don't know how. It's not even labeled Captures anymore, and I can't move the folder because it's a system folder that is regularly hidden. At some point, it was in the regular location and now it's in C:\Users\arcti\AppData\Local\Temp

I have to scroll to close to the bottom of the temp folder to find the recordings.

Is there a way to reset it so that it's easier to get my captures? I hate trying to navigate a maze just to find a 5 minute video each time I record something

:)

DrSeuss7519, Mar 2, 2022
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Please Report the Problem with all information that you posted here on your PC so team Xbox can further investigate.

Thank you,

XBF Drew
  3. DrSeuss7519 Win User

None of the the troubleshooting tips are directed at my problem, I've already checked through them all. I am on Windows 10. I can navigate to the right folder, that's not the issue. My issue is the location of the folder. I would rather not have all of my recordings being saved in a temporary file. It makes it a pill to get to every time, and I want to save it to a different storage device to save space on my boot drive.

[​IMG]

I've tried figuring out how to move the folder, but all it says it that I move the Captures folder it saves under to change it. But guess what, it's not under a captures folder, it's in a random temp folder that I can't move because it's a system folder.
  4. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi DrSeuss7519,

Have you completed all troubleshooting recommendations on the Xbox Game Bar found on Support.Xbox.com?

Do not know what version of windows you have, but on Windows 11 you can navigate to Settings > Gaming > Captures > Captures location. From here you can change the game capture save location.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
  5. Duster589 Win User

show all captures/recordings problem

If I understand what you are talking about, it sounds like you need to empty the capture folder on your PC. The Game Bar will show the files that are in the capture folder. When you moved the capture folder it sounds like it changed the modified date
    on your old captures so they all showed up as recent again.
  6. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox game bar Captures folder is messed up - Similar Threads - Microsoft game bar

2. How to get the microsoft store back for xbox game bar?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the microsoft store back for xbox game bar?!: so i usually use ms store for most apps i installed! but after 5 - 7 months later. I couldnt open ms store as well as xbox game bar and other apps that was installed from ms store. so i forced...
  3. Anyone know if you can uninstall Microsoft bloatware called xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know if you can uninstall Microsoft bloatware called xbox game bar?: Not sure if this is even possible...I have my doubts. I have managed to throw edge and several other of their apps, including cortana to the wolves but I cannot get this POS off my pc. Any info...
  4. Has Microsoft implemented the game bar recording transparency yet?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has Microsoft implemented the game bar recording transparency yet?: So, it's been 4 years and I still hear people complaining about this in online forums. Is there a way to make the "recording game" status transparent? [img] Right now It is still a block of...
  5. PC: Can't sign in on xbox app, microsoft store, or game bar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC: Can't sign in on xbox app, microsoft store, or game bar.: I have run through all the troubleshooting options at this point and don't know what else to do. When I try to log in, I get "You need internet for this". The internet connection is working fine...
  6. Xbox Game Bar and Microsoft Store won't open

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar and Microsoft Store won't open: Hi all, my Xbox Game Bar has not been working for a few months and I haven't been able to talk to all my friends on Xbox for ages which sucks, whenever I try to open it with WIN+G or pressing my...
  7. Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar: Im tryna record a song on an online piano site, but the audio from Edge is Muted! How do I fix this without turning on my microphone? 1f14bdc7-ae76-44b3-9e71-6bd5a817507f
  8. Microsoft game bar (PC) - My friends have an echo when chatting with me from their Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft game bar (PC) - My friends have an echo when chatting with me from their Xbox: This is an issue that is as old as Microsoft Live: echos. How do I fix this? My friends were in their own party chat, playing on their respective Xbox, and all of the sudden when I join from my...
  9. Microsoft gaming bar VS nortons wscstub.exe file crashes for games ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft gaming bar VS nortons wscstub.exe file crashes for games ?: Anyone else had this problem with Microsoft gaming bar trying to target a Norton's protected file causing most of your games to strop working correctly with Civ6 crashing every time it try's to...
  10. No friends list in Xbox game bar after changing email on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    No friends list in Xbox game bar after changing email on microsoft account: Hi, I've recently changed my email address for my windows account which I also use for as my gaming account for games as sea of thieves. Since I have changed my email address, I cannot see my...