Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch

Discus and support Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox Live account which I've had for the past 10 years which uses a now invalid email address associated with a dead Google account.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rabidhadron, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:52 PM.

1. Rabidhadron
    Rabidhadron Guest

Hi,

I have an Xbox Live account which I've had for the past 10 years which uses a now invalid email address associated with a dead Google account.

My current Microsoft account is now the email address I'd like associate with my Xbox Live account (without losing any progress/data).

I can find nowhere that explicitly allows me to do this.

Thanks

Andrew

:)

2. Rabidhadron Win User

Hi, that doesn't solve my problem. I don't need to change the email address I use to login to my Microsoft account, I only have one primary alias for this
    [Mod Removed - PII].

My Xbox Live account has the email address [Mod Removed - PII] assigned to it (this was a previous Microsoft account primary alias and cannot be used since it no longer exists) .

I need to remove [Mod Removed - PII] from my Xbox Live account and assign my Microsoft account primary alias [Mod Removed - PII] to it.

Hope that makes sense?
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread, Rabidhadron, and letting us know what worked for you.

As it appears you have found a resolution to this matter, and the fact that there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  4. AnimalSiren774 Win User

5. Rabidhadron Win User

Hi, thanks both for responding.

Following the 2nd suggestion regarding changing aliases solved my problem

Thanks again.
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Hi, that doesn't solve my problem. I don't need to change the email address I use to login to my Microsoft account, I only have one primary alias for this
    [Mod Removed - PII].

My Xbox Live account has the email address [Mod Removed - PII] assigned to it (this was a previous Microsoft account primary alias and cannot be used since it no longer exists) .

I need to remove [Mod Removed - PII] from my Xbox Live account and assign my Microsoft account primary alias [Mod Removed - PII] to it.

Hope that makes sense?
    If I got it right, then it is not possible. The xbox live and the Microsoft acounts are basically 2 separate Microsoft accounts and you cannot have the same email associated to two different accounts. At the same time you cannot merge two accounts so
    if you want to keep the one you call your Microsoft account as it is now, the best thing to do is probably to just add a new and working alias to the other account and then remove the old alias leaving the two account separated but with valid emails.
Thema:

1. Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Live accts

2. How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...: Question: Can a Microsoft account for an adult have more than one child Xbox Live profiles? I have several children and each want their own gamer profile. I have already purchased a gift care for...
  3. unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address: Hi.. hopefully someone can help, as this has been an issue for a long time. I have a comcast.net email address set as my primary email for my microsoft account. I have a gmail email address...
  4. Accidentally added Xbox live code on the wrong Microsoft account? How can this be fixed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally added Xbox live code on the wrong Microsoft account? How can this be fixed: I couldnt figure out where to add the xbox live code on my xbox. So i went on to a laptop to do it but it added it to a different microsoft account. Not the one for the xbox. How can i get it...
  5. Xbox Live gold membership not payable with Microsoft $.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live gold membership not payable with Microsoft $.: I just wanted to express my disgust and admiration for the dirty yet brilliant business practice that myself - and hundreds of others have experienced with the XBL gold payment method not...
  6. Switching Microsoft ties of an Xbox Live profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft ties of an Xbox Live profile: My xbox live account was made using my step-mother’s microsoft account when I was younger; however, her and my father have recently filed for divorce. How can I switch the profile over to my own...
  7. Dear microsoft about your Xbox live pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Dear microsoft about your Xbox live pass: I just have a question why the hell can't I buy 1 month of game-pass? The price in my country is R15,99 and I have R41,00 in my account but whenever I try and buy the 1 month it keeps promoting me...
  8. Language changed in My XBOX LIVE Account and Microsoft Account !!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Language changed in My XBOX LIVE Account and Microsoft Account !!!: Okay I have a MAIN Laptop setup in Windows 10 in French on which I play a Game in French since I have several online Friends playing in English I booted up an old Laptop setup in English Before...
  9. Issues with Microsoft/Xbox Live account

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with Microsoft/Xbox Live account: I've been struggling mightily with Halo Reach on PC. I purchased the game on Steam. Since launch, I have only been successfully able to play a single multiplayer game. Every other time, I'm either...
  10. Asus: problems with connection XBOX 360 E to Microsoft Live services

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Asus: problems with connection XBOX 360 E to Microsoft Live services: Asus (Modems/Gateways): problems with connection XBOX 360 E to Microsoft Live services Hi, Sorry about that problem Please follow this troubleshooting >...