Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch

Discus and support Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox Live account which I've had for the past 10 years which uses a now invalid email address associated with a dead Google account.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rabidhadron, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Rabidhadron
    Rabidhadron Guest

Hi,

I have an Xbox Live account which I've had for the past 10 years which uses a now invalid email address associated with a dead Google account.

My current Microsoft account is now the email address I'd like associate with my Xbox Live account (without losing any progress/data).

I can find nowhere that explicitly allows me to do this.

Thanks

Andrew

:)

Rabidhadron, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Rabidhadron Win User

Hi, that doesn't solve my problem. I don't need to change the email address I use to login to my Microsoft account, I only have one primary alias for this
    [Mod Removed - PII].

My Xbox Live account has the email address [Mod Removed - PII] assigned to it (this was a previous Microsoft account primary alias and cannot be used since it no longer exists) .

I need to remove [Mod Removed - PII] from my Xbox Live account and assign my Microsoft account primary alias [Mod Removed - PII] to it.

Hope that makes sense?
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread, Rabidhadron, and letting us know what worked for you.

As it appears you have found a resolution to this matter, and the fact that there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  4. AnimalSiren774 Win User

5. Rabidhadron Win User

Hi, thanks both for responding.

Following the 2nd suggestion regarding changing aliases solved my problem

Thanks again.
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Hi, that doesn't solve my problem. I don't need to change the email address I use to login to my Microsoft account, I only have one primary alias for this
    [Mod Removed - PII].

My Xbox Live account has the email address [Mod Removed - PII] assigned to it (this was a previous Microsoft account primary alias and cannot be used since it no longer exists) .

I need to remove [Mod Removed - PII] from my Xbox Live account and assign my Microsoft account primary alias [Mod Removed - PII] to it.

Hope that makes sense?
    If I got it right, then it is not possible. The xbox live and the Microsoft acounts are basically 2 separate Microsoft accounts and you cannot have the same email associated to two different accounts. At the same time you cannot merge two accounts so
    if you want to keep the one you call your Microsoft account as it is now, the best thing to do is probably to just add a new and working alias to the other account and then remove the old alias leaving the two account separated but with valid emails.
Thema:

1. Microsoft / Xbox Live accts email mismatch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Live accts

2. Canceled game pass and ea sports but Microsoft trying to make pay b4 ican redeem Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Canceled game pass and ea sports but Microsoft trying to make pay b4 ican redeem Xbox live: (Make a payment to restore your subscription. It's currently suspended because it's past due)? This keeps happening for game pass subscription, but im just trying to get xbox live. Y is it not...
  3. Locked XBOX Live Account - violation of Microsoft Services Agreement

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked XBOX Live Account - violation of Microsoft Services Agreement: Hi all, my sons account has been locked for almost 2 weeks now. When attempting to login, I end up at a screen stating to unlock navigate to aka.ms/compliancelock which I have done twice now and...
  4. FS2020 won't start because Xbox Live can't sign me into my Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FS2020 won't start because Xbox Live can't sign me into my Microsoft account: 0x87DD002A and "client server is giving a sign in loop" is the error message given on my Windows 10 PC, and it says try again later. Support is no help because a sign in to your account is a...
  5. Xbox Live login issues (Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Android)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Live login issues (Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Android): Hi, two things (which may or may not be related): 1) In the Microsoft Solitaire Collection app for Android (Galaxy S9, current with updates, etc.; game was downloaded directly through Play Store...
  6. How can I get a comment to Microsoft Jigsaw (XBox Live) PC app developers to notify of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get a comment to Microsoft Jigsaw (XBox Live) PC app developers to notify of...: Due to an 8/4 update of Microsoft Jigsaw app on XBox Live for PC many people (Link) are stuck by a minimum resolution set within the application that is so low the graphics are too large to play...
  7. How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile.: Hey! So lets say I want to change the Microsoft account connected to my Xbox account, is there an easy way to do this without deleting or deactivating my accounts? For the most part the only...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Xbox Live Error Code 121010 on iPad and iPhone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Xbox Live Error Code 121010 on iPad and iPhone: After paying for the Premium version I began receiving the error code 121010 regarding not being able to save game data in cloud. This was happening on both devices. As many others I seached the...
  9. I can't connect to microsoft games' live servers on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't connect to microsoft games' live servers on my PC: Hello. i tried playing sea of thieves and forza horizon 4 on my windows 10 pc and i'm not able to connect to the servers of any of them. the only way i can play those games is switching to...
  10. adding an xbox1s to existing Microsoft live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    adding an xbox1s to existing Microsoft live account: We already have an x box with xbox live account, I would like to add a separate xbox1s to my live account. I have registered the xbox 1s on my account but cant link it. How do I like it without...