Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...

Discus and support Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had finally bought an Xbox Controller/Replacement that worked really well and it had pristine audio on it and it was doing a great job with how it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrygorTheManiac, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...

I had finally bought an Xbox Controller/Replacement that worked really well and it had pristine audio on it and it was doing a great job with how it powered my wired headset. Then, I updated the firmware for the controller and it caused a downgrade in both the quality of the power output as well as the quality of the audio coming from the mic port with the headset that was connected. If I had to pinpoint a percentage of degradation, it would be 50%. I say 50% because i noticed that the audio was significantly less clear, and the headset as i have mentioned also was not getting enough power due to the firmware update.

That being said, I believe there should be an option in the Xbox Accessories App that would allow any and all users to Restore The Controller Firmware back to the Original Factory settings. I have seen posts all over in other websites that were asking if there was a way to restore the controllers firmware back to factory defaults, and there is currently not a way to do that. That is only part of the problem. The Quality Of The Mic Port On The Xbox Controller also needs to be improved. For example, it took me buyingreplacing 4 different controllers before I found one that worked. Once i found one that worked, it was great. Then, the firmware update came along and ruined it. I felt the need to post this because I know it needs to be addressed and also that a large number of users have run into this problem.

Also, please improve the quality of the 3.5mm jack, its audio quality, and the quality of power on how it powers the headsets connected to it.

This is a serious quality issue that needs to be addressed. (The controller I had before it was updated with new controller firmware was great) Then, as I said, the firmware update ruined the quality of the controllers performance from a power and audio quality standpoint. The way the buttons worked were left alone, but the audio and power quality that the controller was outputting was not like its factory default. The factory default firmware for the controller was amazing. The updated firmware took down the quality significantly.

There should be 2 separate options to revert to original factory firmware and a way to revert to previous firmware of the controller. I think thats all the details. Please fix this Microsoft. These issues need to be addressed. I mean I've spent like probably $280 or more on new controllers just because of all this. That isnt fair to me or anyone that has had to go through this. Please fix this, Thank You.

:)

CrygorTheManiac, Jul 22, 2021
  2. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

Tried a soft reset. Still not working :-(

Home button will turn the xbox on still but not register...

My last two thoughts..

A full factory reset...

Or

If there's a way to reset the controller firmware to factory and reinstall via USB....

The xbox tells me my controller is up to date... but I feel something went awry while updating firmware via bluetooth
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Sensativity issue

Start the accessories app and see if there is a way to reset the controller to default settings. Also check for firmware update.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Keeps moving to screen right

Hi there,

You can update your controller from the Xbox Accessories app found in your system apps or you can go to Kinect & Devices in your settings to open the app that way. First make sure the controller is connected with a USB cable. From the app select the three
    dots and then Firmware version and then update now.

If that doesn't help then you may need to do a
    soft factory reset
    since you say that the issue persists even with another controller.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  5. great78white Win User

Wheel/controller app connectivity

The wheel is recognised as an Xbox 360 Controller in Test Drive Unlimited 2, so it's an issue in Xbox specific apps like the Applications or Forza. It's not the TX version of the wheel, so doesn't need the firmware. Is there a way of resetting any Xbox
    for Windows settings?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One S Sound prob

Hi there,

Do you have a USB cable for the controller and does your headset have an adapter with it or does it connect via 3.5mm? I recommend downloading the most recent controller firmware update while connected to the console via USB and have the headset plugged
    into the controller. Open up your Xbox Accessories app then select the 3 dots option below Configure. Select Firmware version and then Update now. You can download the update even if the controller is up to date.

If that doesn't help you may need to try a soft factory reset on the operating system:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
Thema:

Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also...

1. Microsoft/Xbox Needs a way to Reset Controller Firmware to Factory Settings and to also... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Needs Reset

2. Microsoft Account Recovery not working and need to stop autopayment on XBox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery not working and need to stop autopayment on XBox Live: I have submitted multiple account recovery requests over the past months but each results in an email stating the account cannot be verified. I no longer have the Xbox and cannot stop autopayment...
  3. I've been tricked and lied to. please help, Microsoft support needed

in XboX Insiders
    I've been tricked and lied to. please help, Microsoft support needed: I am in the flight program for PC and a console, my waypoint messages are in my inbox, and they do absolutely nothing. One of them contains a link with install instructions, and it literally...
  4. I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account I need it to sign in

in XBoX on Mobile
    I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account I need it to sign in: I tried resetting my password and it didn't work. The code got sent to my mom instead of me I would ask her for the code but she doesn't want me going on Xbox live since because she deleted it on...
  5. I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account: Can someone help me find my password or notify me that would be great 751d063c-5015-4e3a-90e0-15386e9abc7e
  6. Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.: Hi there, I need a letter from Microsoft to sell my xbox console on Amazon. How do I get one? 9c595781-1217-4dfb-8cea-65120697b86a
  7. when i ever i try to get something on the Microsoft store it says i need a game pass but i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i ever i try to get something on the Microsoft store it says i need a game pass but i...: it says you need to but the gamepass, but i already own it and have for a while, im logged into the same account as my xbox account so i don't what to do please help...
  8. multiplayer is disable please check your microsoft account setting - what i need to do

in XBoX on Windows
    multiplayer is disable please check your microsoft account setting - what i need to do: hi i buy the game minecraft java to pc and i cant choose to play with multiplayer what i need to do? please help me thanks 326b46af-5b46-4b70-8802-885dc390a8be
  9. Repeated "Your Microsoft Account Needs Fixing" notifications

in XBoX on Windows
    Repeated "Your Microsoft Account Needs Fixing" notifications: I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with my account that needs fixing. It is related to my allowing access to Microsoft casual games. All Shred Experience options are off. Why do...
  10. Need to reset PIN of microsoft account that is NOT logged in a working computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need to reset PIN of microsoft account that is NOT logged in a working computer.: I need to reset my pin. I am trying to use the Xbox (beta) app on my pc, as I recently started an Ultimate game pass subscription. After I log in, it tells me I need to set up Windows Hello, and...