Microsoft’s inability to combat people who tamper with their systems.

Discus and support Microsoft’s inability to combat people who tamper with their systems. in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Recently, a player I encountered online was modding/hacking on multiple different accounts. I was being harassed by this user. Eventually, I lost my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by zachlop, Mar 12, 2020.

1. zachlop
    zachlop Guest

Recently, a player I encountered online was modding/hacking on multiple different accounts. I was being harassed by this user. Eventually, I lost my gamertag, and received a message that it had to be changed. I called xbox support and they said there is
    nothing they can do, as the department that handles this works offline. How ridiculous, do you not realize this hurts your brand? Why can I not contact these people who work “offline” to get my original gamertag that I had since 2011 back. I never had an issue
    before.

:)

zachlop, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Bandido1508 Win User

Are you saying your gamer tag was reported for violating the code of conduct. They enforcement team has no direct contact. Only through the website. Normally if you had a forced gamer tag it was because violates the code of conduct. You can appeal
    this but it has to be done through the website. I am not sure what the modding or hacking had to do with this.
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

I think there might be more to this story, but as always we recommend just blocking, reporting, and moving on. Take a look through the Xbox Live enforcement website and maybe there is something on there that can help you out.

Link: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-ca
  4. Geth Win User

It seems that they're is some things you might be leaving out.

How do you know it was modding/hacking. Which game was it on, what did they do, etc.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

You would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com for information on why it was changed and to see about submitting a case review. That is how you contact the enforcement
    team. If they overturn their decision, you will be able to change your tag.
    Just to build on this a little. To qualify for a Case Review the issue has to meet the following requirements:

• The enforcement's duration is greater than 24 hours in length
    • The enforcement was issued in the last 12 months

https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/howto#sub-topic0-6

In regards to the Forced Gamertag Change:

What are some examples of inappropriate content?

Inappropriate Gamertag and Real Name content includes, but is not limited to:

• Profane words or phrases
    • Topics or content of a sexual nature
    • Hate speech
    • Controversial religious topics
    • Notorious people or organizations
    • Sensitive current or historical events
    • Any "sound-alike" or "lookalike" words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/staysafe#topic9
  6. Frankalore the Merci Win User

It can be frustrating dealing with gamers that abuse the system. However if you gamertag was changed you can see why by visiting Enforcement
    In the details for the enforcement you may be able to file for a case review.
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s inability to combat people who tamper with their systems. - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s inability combat

2. minecraft - choose microsoft account not possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft - choose microsoft account not possible: Hi everybody, I recently changed the password for the Microsoft account on my PC, subsequently on my phone and other devices. I forgot that my son uses the same account for playing Minecraft (in...
  3. Microsoft Mahjong

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Mahjong: Será que alguém me pode ajudar? Não consigo aceder ao jogo Microsoft Mahjong, pois ao iniciar a sessão o mesmo para no ecrã "A iniciar sessão" e não mais sai de lá!. [Translation-Can someone...
  4. Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account: I am trying to sign into my account so I can change my restrictions for my Xbox but when I signed in it took me to a whole different account and i'm sort of worried that I have lost my account....
  5. Is Microsoft rewards going to be released in Latin America apart from brasil?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Microsoft rewards going to be released in Latin America apart from brasil?: I have been waiting for the time it would happen but I actually wanted to ask if this would happen eventually submitted by /u/chiefmaster1012 [link] [comments]
  6. Microsoft Guthaben Karte für Xbox Store verwenden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Guthaben Karte für Xbox Store verwenden: Moin moin zusammen, kurze Frage: Bei MS Rewards habe ich einige Punkte zusammen und wollte mir dieses in Xbox Guthaben einlösen. Momentan gibt es diese digitalen Karten aber nicht, sondern nur...
  7. Specific reason for the inability to transfer Xbox data between Microsoft accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Specific reason for the inability to transfer Xbox data between Microsoft accounts?: So I know that this topic is asked many times by many people, and getting the answer that transferring data from an Xbox console/Xbox Live between an existing Microsoft account to another...
  8. Imposibilidad de instalar en W10 vía Store de Microsoft -[Translation - Inability to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Imposibilidad de instalar en W10 vía Store de Microsoft -[Translation - Inability to...: Hola. Tengo W10 y GamePass Ultimate en Xbox One. Compré antes de que lo pusieran en GamePass el Astroneer, y al ponerlo y tener un PC nuevo, decidí probarlo, pero no se llega a instalar. Me...
  9. Responses to an inability to deleted saved data on a game bought in Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Responses to an inability to deleted saved data on a game bought in Microsoft store: How to waste time on a Saturday, or, how to tell a customer that Ubisoft sells games in our Microsoft Store that you can only play once, sucker.  Contact us [img] April A. April A. Thank you...
  10. So frustrated and upset over Microsoft's inability to solve old and new problems!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So frustrated and upset over Microsoft's inability to solve old and new problems!: OLD PROBLEMS: I've been trying for a year to get my reward points added to my account with NO success or honest help! I've chatted and formum'd more times than I can count and been told over and...