Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming

Discus and support Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The fact that Microsoft as a company is pushing forced crossplay isn't debatable any more. COD: Warzone lets you disable crossplay on PS4/PS5, not on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jabolino, Nov 30, 2021.

1. jabolino
    jabolino Guest

Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming

The fact that Microsoft as a company is pushing forced crossplay isn't debatable any more.

COD: Warzone lets you disable crossplay on PS4/PS5, not on Xbox

Battlefield 2042 lets you disable crossplay on PS4/PS5, not on Xbox

Now Halo: Infinite has forced crossplay

This isn't a mystery any more, this is a business decision by Microsoft to integrate Game Pass and the Xbox ecosystem into their PC player base, it has nothing to do with the publisher or the dev of the games. And it is completely ruining multiplayer gaming. F2P Halo is going to be the next victim of having hacker infested lobbies on Xbox always one step ahead of expensive anti cheat efforts.

Nobody wants this. Xbox players don't want it because of hackers ruining their games and PC players don't want this due to aim assist. This is a blatantly anti consumer policy to force these into our games and it has forced me and my friends to all buy PS5s to play Warzone and other upcoming games without crossplay turned on. If you click on my profile you'll see that I complained about this same thing in May 2020 when I first saw the writing on the wall.

PC vs Console is a ridiculous proposition and always has been. Please rethink this for the sake of your community. Thanks.

:)

jabolino, Nov 30, 2021
  2. jabolino Win User

Hi thanks for the reply

Unfortunately disabling crossplay in system options results in not being able to find any games during matchmaking, forced me to turn it back on in Warzone last year. So this isn't viable for anyone.

Since I got a PS5 after turning off crossplay in the game I haven't had these issues, there's always games to be found.

On top of this people on reddit are claiming doing this for Halo doesn't actually disable crossplay there's still PC gamers in lobbies.

The main concern is implementing the option in game. And to add insult to injury both Warzone and Battlefield have this option implemented in game but it's greyed out on the xbox version of the game. The option is there but we've been blocked from accessing it.

Crossplay should be optional if you happen to have friends who play on PC. Console players who have been asking for crossplay were asking for Xbox vs PS crossplay.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

And you then have the racing games which can't disable crossplay. I play Forza Horizon 5 and online is littered with hackers/cheats playing on PC (although it's sometimes difficult to distinguish this from simply the game having rubbish servers). Not to mention PC players get an advantage by being able to play at higher refresh rates (the game being limited to 60fps on Xbox)

Just seems that Microsoft has the aim to completely enmesh Xbox and Windows together irregardless of how it affects the playerbase.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

The problem is that if you look back a few years ago, everyone on the internet wanted cross-play, everyone was saying cross-play should be in every game because its better for the community (I for one never thought that because I came from a PC gaming background, so I knew first hand how bad it could be for cheating)

Also, you say you cant disable crossplay on Xbox, you can, ive literally just googled it.

CoD Vanguard Crossplay Explained: How to Disable & Enable Crossplay (PlayStation, Xbox, PC) (twinfinite.net)

As for Battlefield, you can.......sort of, but the problem its in the console system settings, not in the "in game" settings.

How To Turn Off Crossplay In Battlefield (BF) 2042 Xbox One, Series X/S (gamertweak.com)

I agree that Microsoft could do more with crossplay, I for one dont like cross play as I pretty much dont play any PVP games anyway (my reactions times arent what they used to be, so I mainly only play PVE games with my friends) but I can see how it can be annoying for PVP gamers.

Hopefully in the next few months or so we will see patches released
  5. Malacath Win User

What you think

If there is crossplay in COD I hope its only between ps4 and xbox.

If we could crossplay with PC we would have the game ruined by modders using aimbots. Just like they ruined COD on the 360
  6. denis97g Win User

Ark: Survival Evolved Crossplay

Hi! yes, it is. The game has crossplay between pc and xbox.
Thema:

1. Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming - Similar Threads - Microsoft's push forcing

2. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: In the Adventure Map, every 20 games, there's a gate with a star over a number one clicks on to open the gate. Is there any significance to the number? eb373004-4ba2-4e2d-9964-ccdb85a0b245
  3. Xbox Series X not appearing in Microsoft Store push games and apps to. Have duplicate of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not appearing in Microsoft Store push games and apps to. Have duplicate of...: When I try to send games and apps to my Xbox Series X, it doesn't appear in the list of devices: [img] So, can I just remove one of the duplicates from my Device list? [img] My Xbox Series...
  4. Why does microsoft keep pushing for that xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does microsoft keep pushing for that xbox game pass: Xbox console companion, and the website xbox home was perfect... First it was the xbox console companion now it's the xbox.com https://account.xbox.com/ home you would be able to see the purchase...
  5. Xbox One Alpha Skip Ahead - Is the Microsoft Store constantly pushing through an update...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Alpha Skip Ahead - Is the Microsoft Store constantly pushing through an update...: I get the “soft” updates to update content on the store, but the physical app is updating at least twice per day when I try to open the store. Is anyone else experiencing this? submitted by...
  6. Which moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to push out an update the Day COD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to push out an update the Day COD...: This maybe one of the dumbest Xbox moves yet!!! 8b78541e-1d3d-4659-babf-d8b87eecda00
  7. Microsoft Push Notification Service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Push Notification Service: I'm using Avast Internet Security 2015 (2015.10.2.2218) on a Windows 8.1 Pro laptop. While playing Alphajax, I continually get an error message about the Microsoft Push Notification Service. I...
  8. Microsoft Push Notification Service error again!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Push Notification Service error again!!: I do not appear to have lost my re-found and new games yet . . . Has another 'update' been done? 46280a85-0d2c-4536-8872-016c246eb3a4
  9. Microsoft Really Needs to Push the UHD BD ROM in the S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Really Needs to Push the UHD BD ROM in the S: Yes, well all know it's smaller and that the power supply is integrated. Yes we know about the new bluetooth controller that you can also buy separately. Yes, we all know about the HDR feature...
  10. Microsoft is a con artist pushing $400 pieces of garbage!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft is a con artist pushing $400 pieces of garbage!!!!: I purchased my xbox one new along with 4 new games. Three months into owning the xbox one I pop in a brand new copy of Batman and an hour and half into the movie it starts to skip. I take the...