Migrate old account to new account: Gamertag isn't allowed

Discus and support Migrate old account to new account: Gamertag isn't allowed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had a microsoft account in @live.ca I configured the Gamertag I wanted in this account. A few years later, I created a new microsoft account. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Leuchak, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Leuchak
    Leuchak Guest

I had a microsoft account in @live.ca I configured the Gamertag I wanted in this account.

A few years later, I created a new microsoft account. The account I'm using right now.

I want to move my gamertag to my new account. It says the tag is taken. Alright, I rename the old account's gamertag by prefixing it with "old".

It tells me that the usertag will be available to other users.

That's good. That's exactly what I want.

Except that now, on the new account, it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

I renamed the old account, there is no reason why the new account can't use the gamertag.

I would like to know how to solve this.

:)

Leuchak, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

false, i moved a gamertag last week like above, once you change a tag the old tag becomes available within a few hours.
  3. Leuchak Win User

two years oO
    I would have liked to be warned...
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Once a gamertag is released, it can't be taken up immediately. It takes about 2 years for it to be recycled for use by other accounts.

Hope this helps
  5. Randy Steveson Win User

Recovering a very old original xbox live account

If this was the gamertag back before the xbox 360, those servers are long gone. From what I understand there was an email that was sent out to migrate those accounts to the new server. It allowed you to convert it to a typical wlid as we have now. As of
    now those old accounts can't be migrated to the new system.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Trouble accessing an old account

There isn't a way to transfer your old items/account to your new Microsoft Account. What do you mean when you say you transferred your security settings from your old account to a new account? You can change the email/info of your Microsoft Account,
    but your old Profile is going to be tied to that old Microsoft Account, and there are no ways to merge or migrate that data.
Thema:

1. Migrate old account to new account: Gamertag isn't allowed - Similar Threads - Migrate old account

2. Minecraft Account Migration- unsure where account went

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Migration- unsure where account went: I migrated my mojang account a few months ago, I'm fairly sure I know which microsoft account I sent it to (its for my child). Java edition is not showing up as purchased as it was before the...
  3. Mojang account migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mojang account migration: The problem I am facing is I won’t get sent the code needed to verify my email even when I click resend and wait out the time until it kicks me out, I get no email. I have tried this probably 50+...
  4. Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft: I am having difficulties migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft, it is saying I am banned from Xbox? Yet, I can clearly log into it from the app, I don't wanna rebuy Minecraft once more than the...
  5. Mojang Migration Broke My 9 Year Old Minecraft Account - Good Job.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mojang Migration Broke My 9 Year Old Minecraft Account - Good Job.: Can this even be fixed? I have a Mojang account that is now being forced to migrate to be a Microsoft account - fair enough. But once I begin actually migrating it tells me it's sent a code out...
  6. No access to old email for minecraft cant migrate

in XBoX Accessibility
    No access to old email for minecraft cant migrate: Microsoft has started migrating Mojang accounts to Microsoft for Minecraft but the thing is you need access to the email connected to your Minecraft account to migrate. You can change your email...
  7. Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address: ### UPDATE ### After further investigation, and COMPLETELY on a whim, because I figured Microsoft bungled something up in the migration, the email address I had used for my Mojang account was...
  8. Migrating my old minecraft java account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrating my old minecraft java account: Hello, I own a Minecraft Java account that was created many years ago and I have not been on it for a very long town. I need to migrate it into being a microsoft account so I can log onto it...
  9. Migrating an old Xbox account to a new email address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrating an old Xbox account to a new email address: I, like many others, created my original Xbox account from my parents' email address. That is the address I used and gamed on for six years. However, I bought Halo: MCC on the PC using a different...
  10. Migrating my old XBox360 savegames to my new one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrating my old XBox360 savegames to my new one: Hello everyone, I'm getting a new XBox360 console, because of the awesomeness of this console. So my question is: Is there any way i can migrate the savegames i have on my old XBox360 to my new...