Migrating games from Xbox One to Series S

Discus and support Migrating games from Xbox One to Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Big question. I have an older disk based Xbox One, with some disk based games, now If I were to shift all of the game data to an external USB... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Larynkir Llan, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Migrating games from Xbox One to Series S

Big question.

I have an older disk based Xbox One, with some disk based games, now If I were to shift all of the game data to an external USB (installed on there) and then purchase the upcoming Series S, would it allow me to run those games, or would I be forced to buy
    the more expensive Series X console to play them?

:)

Larynkir Llan, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

If you have lots of disk games the Series S may not be for you. Disk based games will still require the disk to be read to prove ownership. For that you'll need the Series X.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

XBOX ONE CONSOLE

the whole family from 2001

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One S

Xbox One X

Then soon Xbox Series X and possibly Xbox Series S
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

Hi,

I'm not sure where you got the 'every game will be 120 fps on Series S' from. The Series S will be capable of 120 fps, but that may not be possible on every game.

As for Xbox One games at higher frame rates, that's possible, but it will only be on certain games. Plus, such features have to be patched in either by the developer or via the BC team. Xbox One games won't automatically run at higher frame rates on Series
    X or S.

This is how Xbox Series S backwards compatibility really works
  5. Kick Shuffle Win User

Please help

I have spoke to Rockstar Games regarding this a few times, as i migrated from 360 to One S. They explained to me that they no longer have access to that part of the account system that migrates users from one platform to another.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

1. Migrating games from Xbox One to Series S - Similar Threads - Migrating games Series

2. Migrating game progress between accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrating game progress between accounts: As a parent with three under age kids, we have had to share accounts over the years with them. It would be an excellent upgrade to the Microsoft Family capabilities to be able to migrate...
  3. Can I buy a Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and migrate all of the games from an Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy a Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and migrate all of the games from an Xbox One S?: Son's older Xbox One Slim disc drive is acting up. Sometimes the games are not recognized. So we do the reboot method and then the games are recognized sometimes. If I got my son the newer Xbox...
  4. External Hard Drives and Game Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard Drives and Game Migration: There seems to be some big issues with the use of external drives and game migration for Xbox (beta). I use an external Hard drive to store all of my games so I can easily move it between...
  5. CARTE ABONNEMENT XBOX LIVE GOLD AVNT MIGRATION VERS XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE (XBOX LIVE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CARTE ABONNEMENT XBOX LIVE GOLD AVNT MIGRATION VERS XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE (XBOX LIVE...: Bonjour, Je possède des carte gratter pour mes abonnements Xbox live gold. Avec l'offre de convertir les live gold en game pass en cas de souscription, j'ai voulu utiliser une de mes cartes 12...
  6. Migrating the game from microsoft store to another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrating the game from microsoft store to another account: Hi! I wanted to migrate my game bought in microsoft store to another account, is this possible? 6a98868f-ca05-40e7-a3d5-571ef6b1765f
  7. Problems Migrating Xbox 360 Games to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems Migrating Xbox 360 Games to Xbox One: I purchased an Xbox One a few years ago after my Xbox 360 no longer would read discs. I've recently decided that I want to play some of my old games on the Xbox One. Since I was not previously...
  8. URGENT ATTENTION No longer play games and licenses after beta upgrades and account migration.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    URGENT ATTENTION No longer play games and licenses after beta upgrades and account migration.: Hi, I'm your dear customer, I've just changed my profile region in germany, and then all of my games bought in digital says I have to repurchase them, I'm no longer on "ready for installation" as...
  9. Sick and tired of losing games due to migrating or connection loss

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sick and tired of losing games due to migrating or connection loss: Either the Call of Duty servers or Microsoft servers need to be upgraded...a lot. I have invested way too much money in these gamiing systems, games, and xboxlive to deal with dropped games or...
  10. problems purchasing new games, even GWG, problems with migrating my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems purchasing new games, even GWG, problems with migrating my account: Hi there. a "little" problem i have for a long time: * when i try to buy some games in xbox store from my web browser(not using the console), i see an error saying "problem..., try later... (no...