Minecraft: Account migration erased my java ownership.

Discus and support Minecraft: Account migration erased my java ownership. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought minecraft around 6 years ago (java) and a few weeks ago I migrated my account to microsoft. The problem is that after migrating I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Santiago Huerta, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Minecraft: Account migration erased my java ownership.

I bought minecraft around 6 years ago (java) and a few weeks ago I migrated my account to microsoft. The problem is that after migrating I tried signing in and it takes my xbox user to sign in instead of my previous mojang account. My theory is that minecraft launcher verifies for ownership in my xbox account in which I do not own minecraft digitally instead of using my mojang account data in which I do have minecraft. I tried various fixes but none of them seem to fix this.

Pls help.

:)

Santiago Huerta, Jul 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Santiago

Did you receive the migration email on the Microsoft account you selected?
    Could be good double check this, due to the purchase is transferred once you start migration progress

In some cases, few users experienced this and downloading the Minecraft launcher for Windows 7/8 makes the trick
    https://minecraft.net/download

You can try with that launcher, if you're not able to download the full version you may need to check carefully if you migrated your account to the correct Microsoft account
  3. NerdHolly Win User

I saw this is possible and i wanted to know

4. XBF John Win User

Unable to play Minecraft for Windows with Game Pass for PC

Hello,

Is the Microsoft Account you're using and the Java account connected/migrated? As in, when you log into the Minecraft Launcher with the Microsoft Account that owns Games Pass, it is the same account you purchased/migrated Java with? For example, my launcher (after migration - I purchased Java before the migration started, and recently migrated my account.) Has the Microsoft Account within it.

[​IMG]

I then assume on the Minecraft screen, when you click the "Sign in" Button to the left, nothing happens?

Best Regards,

5. Nessai33 Win User

Lost account after minecraft migration

Hello again,

so i spoke with Xbox helper and he told me that my minecraft java edition from Xbox Game Pass doesn't exist after the migration and it can't be recovered,

but how is that possible that account can be deleted without any warning, and can't be recovered because it doesn't make sense in my opinion. Also in FAQ about migration there is no information what will happen when you migrate mojang account to microsoft account that has java edition minecraft.
  6. Youchan3070 Win User

New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

When Minecraft stopped working, I used my Microsoft account. And this issue happened after I changed my main alias from E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. I can play Minecraft if I log in with my E-Mail 2.

I purchased Minecraft on my Mojang account before the migration, but I don't use my mojang account and that Microsoft account that was migrated to.

With my Mojang account (E-Mail 1) migrated to Microsoft account (E-Mail 4) I bad the Java Edition. With my first Microsoft account (E-Mail 1, now 3) I had Minecraft Bedrock Edition. And with the other MIcrosoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) I have both Java and Bedrock.

I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft Account (E-Mail 1, now 3) from the Microsoft Store and I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) from the Microsoft Store but the Java Edition I purchased from minecraft.net. On my Mojang account (E-Mail 1, now migrated to Microsoft Account with E-Mail 3) I bought Minecraft Java from minecraft.net.
Thema:

1. Minecraft: Account migration erased my java ownership. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Account migration

2. I have already bought Minecraft, and subsequently migrated my mojang account, but whenever...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have already bought Minecraft, and subsequently migrated my mojang account, but whenever...: I have played Java edition on and off since about 1.15 I think, and I migrated my mojang account ( admittedly at the last moment), but whenever I open the launcher it says that I can only play the...
  3. migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game: pretty much what the title implies I have access to the non java edition but it says I need to buy the java edition again b815d53c-b5df-4515-8f6c-0d7f52a431f9
  4. I can't log into my Minecraft account post-migration. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into my Minecraft account post-migration. What do I do?: Every time I try logging in using email and password, it says it's been migrated. When I do "Login with Microsoft", it logs me into an account with no Minecraft. I contacted Mojang support and...
  5. Minecraft Account Migration FIX IF you migrate your Mojang to Microsoft and it says you...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Migration FIX IF you migrate your Mojang to Microsoft and it says you...: I had an issue like a lot of you where after migrating my Minecraft account to Microsoft and logging in on the launcher, it only would let me play the demo! I owned java for years, but after...
  6. MINECRAFT ACCOUNT MIGRATION ISSUE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MINECRAFT ACCOUNT MIGRATION ISSUE: So, Hello, About my question, i have problems with minecraft's account migration to microsoft accounts, i bought minecraft i think 2 months ago, and now it wants me to migrate it to microsoft...
  7. Minecraft game did not Migrate with my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft game did not Migrate with my account: When I migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, for a couple months Minecraft was fine and I could play it as I usually would. Now, I don't know how many months after that, I've signed...
  8. After migrating Minecraft to Microsoft my account was compromised and is likely never...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After migrating Minecraft to Microsoft my account was compromised and is likely never...: My account was hacked 3 weeks ago. Since that time the account was used for profit and personal gain, and security info was changed. Through multiple customer support contacts the outcome was that...
  9. After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.: I migrated my minecraft account with a minecon cape to a microsoft account a few days ago, everything seemed to be going fine, I got the email that the account migration had been completed, but...
  10. I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft, but now I can only play the demo,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft, but now I can only play the demo,...: I would appreciate it if anyone could help my boyfriend and me with this problem. He has gone to Minecrafts support team to help him with this, but they are offering no help. My boyfriend migrated...