Minecraft Account Migration Failed

Discus and support Minecraft Account Migration Failed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had a Minecraft account for over 10 years. I went to download it today and saw that I needed to migrate my account over to Microsoft. So I did.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PaulGildehaus, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Minecraft Account Migration Failed

I have had a Minecraft account for over 10 years. I went to download it today and saw that I needed to migrate my account over to Microsoft. So I did. On the minecraft website, under the "Profile" tab, I can see both my "Minecraft Profile" and the "Account Information" headers with the "Xbox gamertag" under it with my xbox account's gamertag.

The two accounts seem to be linked on the Minecraft website, however when I open the xbox app on my PC and search for Minecraft, it says I have to buy it.

Is Microsoft really making us rebuy the game?

:)

PaulGildehaus, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi PaulGildehaus! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You won't be able to use the Bedrock Edition, you will be using Java edition still just you won't use the Mojang account information to log in, you will use the Microsoft login option

To see that option you need to go back in the Minecraft Java login screen in the launcher
  3. bge275 Win User

minecraft mojang account migration failed

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is possible to have a Microsoft account with an email from Gmail but you should have created the account before going through the migration process.
    I recommend contacting Mojang to unlink this account and migrate to another Microsoft account.
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
    It shouldn't be possible, but I entered my google email thinking it would let me create a microsoft account to link to it. Instead, it accepted the google email as a valid microsoft account. I will contact mojang with the link provided, thanks!
  4. SamQY Win User

minecraft mojang account migration failed

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is possible to have a Microsoft account with an email from Gmail but you should have created the account before going through the migration process.

I recommend contacting Mojang to unlink this account and migrate to another Microsoft account.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Disconnect Minecraft account from Microsoft Account

6. TheRealFuzzyBunny Win User

Minecraft->Microsoft account migration woes

Original username for the Minecraft account: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Unchanged.

Migration was successful. Tried to log in to Minecraft, got message: "Invalid email or password"

Hm. Changed the hotmail password & used it to log in to hotmail again. Worked.

Used same new password to log in to Minecraft, failed again same message: "Invalid email or password".

I'm stumped.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Account Migration Failed - Similar Threads - Minecraft Account Migration

2. How do I enable Multi-player mode on Minecraft after account migration?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I enable Multi-player mode on Minecraft after account migration?: Shows disabled after launching. Java edition, Win10 I've spent 7 hours so far trying to get Minecraft to work after the account migration, hopefully I'm almost there....
  3. Cant play Minecraft after account migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play Minecraft after account migration: I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account and now when I use the launcher it tells me I can play the demo or buy it. I already own but clicked purchase to see what happened it takes me...
  4. Minecraft account migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account migration: I have mutliple microsoft accounts that I have used throughout the years. Today I decided to migrate my mojang account to a microsoft one and it worked successfully. Problem is that I have...
  5. My Microsoft account does not own Minecraft even though I migrated to this account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account does not own Minecraft even though I migrated to this account: Okay first off, I bought Minecraft with a MOJANG account and it worked perfectly. The problem started when I migrated the MOJANG account to a MICROSOFT account. So, I log in with my MICROSOFT...
  6. After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.: I've downloaded the new launcher. I've logged into my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted my computer. I need Microsoft to set my Java Edition properly. Has anyone else had this problem?...
  7. When is Minecraft Mojang account migration is starting in South Korea?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Minecraft Mojang account migration is starting in South Korea?: Hello. This is South Korean Minecraft player. Before, Koreans can't even see the migration banner, not a age problem for young kids. And in Korea, 'Cinderella Law', was blocking Mojang account...
  8. Lost account after minecraft migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost account after minecraft migration: Hello, so i migrated my old minecraft mojang account __sp1rit__ to microsoft account, but on this microsoft account was account from Xbox Game Pass PogczampNessi, and after the migration when i...
  9. Minecraft account migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account migration: Hi there, I have done the Mojang to Microsoft Migration account, i already buy Minecraft but i can't play, only the Demo, since i migrate the account. I have uninstall the game, delete the mojang...
  10. I MIGRATED MY MOJANG ACCOUNT AND NOW CANNOT SIGN INTO MY MINECRAFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I MIGRATED MY MOJANG ACCOUNT AND NOW CANNOT SIGN INTO MY MINECRAFT: i have migrated my minecraft account and at the sign in screen it gives two options 1. microsoft 2. mojang i try to click microsoft and the app shuts down and when i use my migrated account on...