Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10

Discus and support Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi All. I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DeejayCa, Mar 19, 2020.

1. /u/DeejayCa
    /u/DeejayCa Guest

Hi All.

I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove the beta from my system. I've successfully opted out, and uninstalled the game - however when I go to re-download the Minecraft current version from the Windows Store, it keeps installing the beta back on.

Can someone let me know what I need to do to get the regular game back on?

I've logged out of my Microsoft account and back on with no luck. Went even as far as removing the "C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe" directory where the game data is stored, no luck. I've restored a BACKUP of that directroy with the previous game version, and no way to run it without installing from the store.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/DeejayCa
    [link] [comments]

/u/DeejayCa, Mar 19, 2020
  2. bombheadreturns Win User

Minecraft - Multiplayer

You cannot, The Minecraft win10 beta is a ported version of the pocket edition, which means you can't play with anyone unless they have the beta as well, you're probably best buying the PC version of minecraft, but you still can't play with Xbox One unfortunately.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft Update 1.14

Version 1.12.1 is the currently the most recent official version of Minecraft in the Bedrock edition.

If you (or your friends) have opted in to receive the Beta version of Minecraft, then you'd be at version 1.14.

So unless you actively used the Insider program to opt in to the Minecraft Beta, the 1.12 version is the most up to date version, and everything is as it should be.

If you want to play with friends that have 1.14, they either have to leave the Beta, or you'll have to join the Beta to get 1.14. But be aware, that using Beta versions, you are playing on untested software, which can cause unexpected crashes or data loss.
  4. FatalDarkprince Win User

Message "You cannot play on multiplayer servers because of how your account is set up" on Minecraft.

Yes this is from the beta trying to integrate with the normal minecraft. Once you opt out of beta, you have to uninstall beta version and install the normal version again.
  5. catigerman72 Win User

I want to opt out of the beta testing pls remove it from my xbox one.

Sure, open the registration app, and opt out of future betas. Unfortunately, you will not be able to remove the current beta, but after all users are updated sometime this month you will no longer receive beta updates.
  6. Tormaz Win User

Minecraft beta

Hello!

If you opted into the Minecraft Beta, then you removed yourself from the beta program, your game will still stay on the latest Beta version. You would need to uninstall and reinstall the game to get on the latest full (non beta) release.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Beta Removal

2. Auto removed from minecraft beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Auto removed from minecraft beta...: I was part of the minecraft beta and when I logged in yesterday, i was no longer part of the beta. Has anyone else had this issue. Torn about whether to rejoin or take it as a sign from the video...
  3. I can't unenroll from minecraft beta with xbox insider hub, please remove me!!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can't unenroll from minecraft beta with xbox insider hub, please remove me!!!: I have contacted xbox insider help and they said I have to contact Mojang, Mojang said I had to contact xbox insider help, I did again and they sent me here. I am having issues with the app, it...
  4. I can't remove Minecraft beta

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't remove Minecraft beta: Hi, i am not signed for minecraft beta and i have it. i can't install xbox insider to get original minecraft back. Please help me, i am on Windows 10 7945eb79-1fcf-4cb5-b855-76f142482ae1
  5. Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta: We registered an account for the Beta version of Minecraft (Windows 10) but now cannot remove beta, as the account is registered to a child and cannot access Insider Hub. Is it possible to get...
  6. Will Downloading Minecraft Beta remove my normal version of Minecraft?

in XboX Insiders
    Will Downloading Minecraft Beta remove my normal version of Minecraft?: If I download the minecraft beta through the insider app will it download a separate version of minecraft that is different from my normal version? submitted by /u/Hunterkiller040 [link]...
  7. MINECRAFT BETA NOT REMOVING

in XBoX on Windows
    MINECRAFT BETA NOT REMOVING: A FEW WEEK BACK I HAVE REGISTED FOR BETA BUT NOW I DON'T WANT TO PLAY IN BETA SO I UNENROLLED FROM BETA THROUGH XBOX INSIDE HUB BUT AFTER I REMOVE MINECRAFT AND REINSTALL IT ITS SAME AS BETA IT...
  8. Can't remove Minecraft Windows 10 RTX beta from my account.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't remove Minecraft Windows 10 RTX beta from my account.: So basically, I played the rtx beta and it was cool and all but I wanted to go back to my realm and play, but when I go to unenroll from the rtx beta, it removes the rtx, but my game still says...
  9. Has Minecraft beta been removed?

in XboX Insiders
    Has Minecraft beta been removed?: I left it to play with some friends and now I don’t see it as an option in insider content submitted by /u/jijijijiopq [link] [comments]
  10. No puedo quitar la versión BETA de minecraft windows 10 [Mod Translation-I can't remove the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No puedo quitar la versión BETA de minecraft windows 10 [Mod Translation-I can't remove the...: Hola, he tratado diferentes formas quitar esta versión del juego, diferentes asistentes de Xbox me atendieron y después de diferentes métodos solo me indicaron consultar por este medio, porfavor...