Minecraft causes entire Xbox to basically shut down.

Discus and support Minecraft causes entire Xbox to basically shut down. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've owned Minecraft for a few years now and have had no problems with it until recently. At first, whenever i tried to open it, it would just stay on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MochiiQueen, May 23, 2020 at 6:03 AM.

1. MochiiQueen
    MochiiQueen Guest

I've owned Minecraft for a few years now and have had no problems with it until recently. At first, whenever i tried to open it, it would just stay on a black screen and never load and when i would try to go to home to close it and reopen it, it would cause
    everything to freeze up and not load either, forcing me to hold the power button to turn it off.

My friends had the idea to delete it and re-download it. Deleting it wasn't as hard but now when i try to re-download it, it stops at 95% and doesn't finish. It easily downloads any updates it needs while downloading but still doesn't finish the download.
    It also would still cause the same problems as when it was downloaded but this time, unlike before, it would just shut itself off without me doing anything to turn it off.

My dad was saying that it could be the memory and another friend said to try and buy the disc and download it from there. I've Googled everything and nothing seems to work and I'm debating just getting a new Xbox since I've had this one since its initial
    release. Anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate.

:)

2. Killswitch51880 Win User

Disappointed

From my understanding, it was a ddos attack. Basically, someone floods the network with bogus traffic causing it to be overloaded and eventually shuts down. Paid or free, there is little that can be done to prevent it. Blame the hackers not Microsoft.
  3. Crystal Chapman Win User

Xbox One Keep Crashing...

Some wireless routers have settings that may cause your Xbox One console to shut down unexpectedly. For example, a power-saving setting or network setting may cause your console to shut down.
  4. MASTERxMYRQ Win User

it takes a lot of time to sign in into minecraft with microsoft and a green screen comes up......

The minecraft servers were shut down.
  5. Daniel6591 Win User

Anonymous Threaten To Take Down Xbox LIVE Servers

We should just shut down the entire internet. Then poof, no more hackers anymore.
  6. Lloyd991 Win User

Youtube app freezing my xbox

When you say it freezes your entire xbox it means you can go back to dashboard? Or do you have to shut it down manually
Thema:

1. Minecraft causes entire Xbox to basically shut down. - Similar Threads - Minecraft causes entire

2. Minecraft Dungeons Refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons Refund: Good day, I recently purchased Minecraft Dungeons on my PC. I downloaded it, opened it and attempted to play it. I had not realised my computer would not be able to run it, and my whole computer...
  3. Creating Flat World Seeds in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Creating Flat World Seeds in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Hello, I recently aquired a new computer and haven't played Minecraft in years. I figured I'd purchase a new one and ended up getting the Windows 10 Edition. However, from what I remember of 1.7...
  4. I can't leave the Minecraft Beta

in XboX Insiders
    I can't leave the Minecraft Beta: A while back, I managed to get an adult account to install it for me. Only to realize my graphics card is not capable of rendering the GTX. I have no idea how to leave the Beta, as when I log into...
  5. Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons: Hola, quiero solicitar reembolso de Minecraft Dungeons ya que no se puede jugar desde su lanzamiento. Solicita ingresar con la cuenta y no me valida los datos que ingreso correctamente. Pagué por...
  6. Switching accounts on Minecraft Dungeon Launcher.

in XBoX on Windows
    Switching accounts on Minecraft Dungeon Launcher.: So my little brother has an account on Minecraft Dungeons and he was unable to play online, so i gave him my account. When switching to my account it worked but when he tried to play it,, it would...
  7. Minecraft crashing causeing Xbox to power off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashing causeing Xbox to power off: while playing minecraft the game will crash for no apparent reason and doesn't give me any notification or any idea why. I have started up multiple worlds all with different seeds and also my...
  8. Every now and then i get disconnected from my friends world in minecraft. what causes this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every now and then i get disconnected from my friends world in minecraft. what causes this?: Me and my friend has a world that we play on together and every hour or 2 i get disconnected and cant join for 10ish mins. When he tries to join one of my worlds he doesn't have the same issue...
  9. Using Xbox account on Minecraft in a different device caused losing all stuff i purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using Xbox account on Minecraft in a different device caused losing all stuff i purchased: I've been playing Minecraft PE on an account, one day my mom purchased me the highest amount of Minecraft coins (i think it's 8000 or something like that), the next day my dad bought me Minecraft...
  10. Launching Minecraft Causes Xbox to Re-Start!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching Minecraft Causes Xbox to Re-Start!: Okay, so I am new to all of this and need some expert help. I bought my daughter an Xbox Slim 4GB from Christmas and from that day until yesterday she has been accessing the game, building her...