Minecraft: Disable “Friends of Friends” in Multiplayer Settings

Discus and support Minecraft: Disable “Friends of Friends” in Multiplayer Settings in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, Im trying to set up a very safe and controlled environment for my two kids (5 & 7 years old) to play Minecraft with a couple of their friends.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by JordanRice2, May 5, 2021 at 3:43 AM.

1. JordanRice2
    JordanRice2 Guest

Hello,

Im trying to set up a very safe and controlled environment for my two kids (5 & 7 years old) to play Minecraft with a couple of their friends. I noticed that the settings for multiplayer games default to allowing “Friends of Friends” for any new worlds they create. I would prefer that this option be disabled, where they can only choose “Friends” or “Invite Only.”

I’ve looked everywhere to see if I can either change this default, or restrict this option. Is there a way to do this that I am missing? Both of my kids have their own account that is nested under my account as a Family account. I have configured all that I can in terms of settings on my Microsoft account, and looked through options for their child accounts. Nothing seems to give me this ability.

They are both playing Minecraft on iPads, so I hope this question was posted in the proper place. I couldnt find a category for this.

Thanks.

:)

JordanRice2, May 5, 2021 at 3:43 AM
  2. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Help

Also, in the settings in Minecraft itself, make sure to check who is allowed in your Multiplayer Games. Is it set to just Friends, or friends of friends?
  3. H3PA80R Win User

How do you type in the code in

If you create a world in Minecraft you could choose on the multiplayer part if it should be open, just Friends or disable it. You don´t need a code to do that...
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Joining friends worlds in Minecraft

Did it work before with that particular friend?

Has your friend set up the world to allow multiplayer?

On what device is your friend playing? PC, Xbox, something else? What version is that Minecraft game of your friend?
  5. oij Win User

Friends can’t join minecraft world

Hello Nugnug. This issue has happened to me in the past and there are many different reasons that this could happen.

1. One or multiple of your friends are in the Minecraft beta program which means that they will not be able to join your worlds because they are in a "future" update compared to you. Your friends must leave the beta program, uninstall and reinstall the game
    in order for you to play with your friends.

2. Your multiplayer settings might be on invite only. Changing it to "friends only" or "friends of friends" in the Minecraft settings will correct this problem.

3. Your Xbox LIVE settings are keeping you from playing with your friends. Changing your privacy settings for communications and multiplayer will fix the problem.

Hope this helps.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

[Mod Removed-Profanity] МАЙНКРАФТ [Mod Translation-(Mod Removed) Minecraft]

So... it appears you're having problems connecting to your friends worlds in Minecraft for Windows 10.

I would have them check their in-game settings in Minecraft under the main menu there, and make sure that Online play is enabled. Sometimes this is switched to being disabled and therefore they cannot join any online games and friends cannot join their game
    either. Both you and your friends should check in Minecraft settings and make sure that Online play is enabled and friends are allowed to join. Then you can select which permissions you would like to enable for your friends when they join your world after
    that.
Thema:

1. Minecraft: Disable “Friends of Friends” in Multiplayer Settings - Similar Threads - Minecraft Disable “Friends

2. why my Minecraft multiplayer says it was disabled, but I can't find my privacy settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Minecraft multiplayer says it was disabled, but I can't find my privacy settings?: I bought Minecraft in www.minecraft.net, but I can't multilayer, I try to find my privacy settings. but I can't find my my Microsoft privacy settings. how can I find that??...
  3. minecraft multiplayer says that playing with others is disabled

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft multiplayer says that playing with others is disabled: dear sombody who read this, does anybody know what i need to enable to play minecraft online when it says ( multiplayer is disabled please check your microsoft account settings) thanks, a guy...
  4. "Multiplayer is disabled" minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Multiplayer is disabled" minecraft: So I just bought minecraft for my pc. And donwloaded it, I launched 1.16 then I tried to click on multiplayer. It said "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check you microsoft account." I looked...
  5. Minecraft Dungeon Disabled Install Button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeon Disabled Install Button: As the title suggests, my device cannot install this game (the cursor turns into a block sign as it hovers on the install button in Windows Store). My device is up to date, the specifications...
  6. Minecraft on Switch says Microsoft account disabled when it’s not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Switch says Microsoft account disabled when it’s not: In order to play mine craft on the Nintendo Switch and be able to join friend’s worlds and earn achievements, my son has to be logged into a Microsoft account. He has been doing this for a few...
  7. How to disable TFA/verification code every time I sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable TFA/verification code every time I sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft...: Hi all, I recently bought two copies of Minecraft for my children, who each have a Nintendo Switch. We are all linked to Nintendo Online, and now we all have Microsoft Accounts (and Microsoft...
  8. How can you turn off the narrator in minecraft dungeouns. The button is disabled and he...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can you turn off the narrator in minecraft dungeouns. The button is disabled and he...: How can I turn the narrator off ? 2026b772-e193-4886-a84c-0607ff1fe4b4
  9. How do you disable Xbox insiders for Minecraft on pc

in XboX Insiders
    How do you disable Xbox insiders for Minecraft on pc: It won’t work just disabling it i got it to stop on my Xbox by deleting Minecraft but I don’t know on pc submitted by /u/dinoboxley [link] [comments]
  10. ime gets disabled in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ime gets disabled in minecraft: i go to use text chat then ime gets disabled but when i leave minecarft it re enables bfbc1566-b41b-440c-96d1-72e7b6e1d20a