Minecraft disc not being read.

Discus and support Minecraft disc not being read. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My minecraft disc has been working fine for the past year until now. My Xbox won't read the disc. All I can do now is play the demo which is BORING!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeIsTheGuy678, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Minecraft disc not being read.

My minecraft disc has been working fine for the past year until now. My Xbox won't read the disc. All I can do now is play the demo which is BORING!

Plz fix

:)

JakeIsTheGuy678, Jun 4, 2017
  2. Disc not being read

Thank you all for the responses.

To the first post, I am not sure what you're talking about, since the only discs i am using is xbox one discs. I don't own a 360 or any games anymore, so titanfall and resident evil 4 are the xbox one versions. Its not reading any xbox one games, sunset
    overdrive, assassins creed syndicate, DOOM, rare replay, etc. I tried them all, and they arent being read.

I did get an external hard drive, buts thats not the issue since i tried unplugging it and using internal to load up halo 5 but it still didn't work that way either.

I will try clearing persistent storage though and holding the disc, but yeah i'm not really sure what to do.

NoSalvation650, Jun 4, 2017
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Disc not being read

The problem is that you are trying to play several games that are 360 disc based on your xbox one and that are not part of the backward compatibility list. For example RE 4 has a new version for xbox one and you can't use the xbox 360 disc to play it (it
    will not read the disc at all)

As for the rest of your disc based games (that are part of the bc list) check if they are scratched or damaged in the surface. There is no reason for a new console's disc driver to have problems in reading discs other than those caused by the damaged or
    unknown disc games

M3tal Daz3, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Minecraft disc not being read.

If other disc based games work in your system, I suggest cleaning the disc using a HDTV cleaning kit.

Just a single spritz of the cleaning solution on the cloth. NEVER directly on the disc. (both of which comes with the HDTV cleaning kit) and very lightly wipe the disc clean and try the game again.

This is what I do to clean discs and have yet to buy a used game that it failed to clean to near perfection. Works with all discs including blu rays.

ElectroFlying, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Not sure if it's the same where you live but here in the U.K. most game shops offer a cheap disc repair service if it is only that one disc that doesn't work & cleaning it doesn't help.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

If other disc based games work in your system, I suggest cleaning the disc using a HDTV cleaning kit.

Just a single spritz of the cleaning solution on the cloth. NEVER directly on the disc. (both of which comes with the HDTV cleaning kit) and very lightly wipe the disc clean and try the game again.

This is what I do to clean discs and have yet to buy a used game that it failed to clean to near perfection. Works with all discs including blu rays.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Not sure if it's the same where you live but here in the U.K. most game shops offer a cheap disc repair service if it is only that one disc that doesn't work & cleaning it doesn't help.
  8. NoSalvation650 Win User

Disc not being read

Thank you all for the responses.

To the first post, I am not sure what you're talking about, since the only discs i am using is xbox one discs. I don't own a 360 or any games anymore, so titanfall and resident evil 4 are the xbox one versions. Its not reading any xbox one games, sunset
    overdrive, assassins creed syndicate, DOOM, rare replay, etc. I tried them all, and they arent being read.

I did get an external hard drive, buts thats not the issue since i tried unplugging it and using internal to load up halo 5 but it still didn't work that way either.

I will try clearing persistent storage though and holding the disc, but yeah i'm not really sure what to do.
  9. MessiahBrowny Win User

Discs not being read

Seems there an issue with the latest update are your part of the beta program?

If not try this
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-error

if still no luck i would ring Xbox support
  10. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Disc not being read

The problem is that you are trying to play several games that are 360 disc based on your xbox one and that are not part of the backward compatibility list. For example RE 4 has a new version for xbox one and you can't use the xbox 360 disc to play it (it
    will not read the disc at all)

As for the rest of your disc based games (that are part of the bc list) check if they are scratched or damaged in the surface. There is no reason for a new console's disc driver to have problems in reading discs other than those caused by the damaged or
    unknown disc games
Thema:

1. Minecraft disc not being read. - Similar Threads - Minecraft disc being

2. Minecraft story mode season pass disc on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft story mode season pass disc on Xbox one: Ive purchased the disc of minecraft story mode season pass episode 1-5. Ive beat episode 1 and cant download episodes 2-5. the game only says to purchase and when i click on the episode it sends...
  3. Minecraft disc pops up but dosen't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft disc pops up but dosen't install.: My Minecraft disc does work because my (normal) xbox reads it but it won't install it because it stays at 0% and after a while it stops completely. I have tried cleaning the disc, restarting the...
  4. I bought a disc for Minecraft XBox One Edition but cannot install it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc for Minecraft XBox One Edition but cannot install it: Hi guys. I have an old XBox 360 edition of Minecraft and I really want to import my old world to Bedrock on XBox One. I read that it can be done by using the XBox One Edition as a stepping stone,...
  5. My minecraft disc wont fully install. It gets to 94% then errors the code 0x80073cf6. Can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft disc wont fully install. It gets to 94% then errors the code 0x80073cf6. Can...: It gets to 94% then errors the code 0x80073cf6. Can someone help.tia ebe393b1-0f08-433c-95d6-708d57374691
  6. Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Download Issue - XBL support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Download Issue - XBL support...: Hello again Last month I already created a topic on this issue here:...
  7. Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Issue - XBL staff please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Issue - XBL staff please...: As most of you have all been aware that more of Telltale games have been delisted without any notice, including all versions of Minecraft Story mode. I never got to purchase Minecraft Story Mode...
  8. Xbox One Minecraft Disc Owner

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Minecraft Disc Owner: Trying download free update but am taking to store to purchase for $20. Son says friends who also own Minecraft via the disc purchase, have just received the free updates. Help!...
  9. Xbox One X console: Minecraft from disc will not allow guest account to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X console: Minecraft from disc will not allow guest account to play: Hi Our child has own Microsoft account as child account and in Xbox One X console. She is logged in, and adds her friend, who does not have a Microsoft account a visitor. Visitor is displayed...
  10. i've buyed minecraft xbox one edition disc but i can't download the latest version of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i've buyed minecraft xbox one edition disc but i can't download the latest version of...: how i said on title, on the title screen has a button saying "download the latest version for free" but i still have to pay for the latest minecraft on store , someone can teach to me how to...