Minecraft for Windows 10 purchased but can't install

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 purchased but can't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on April 11,2020 and installed it on an older laptop. I've a new laptop now and when I try to go install it, its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JCombs85, Mar 4, 2021.

1. JCombs85
    JCombs85 Guest

I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on April 11,2020 and installed it on an older laptop.

I've a new laptop now and when I try to go install it, its not in "my library" in the microsoft store. I see it in my microsoft purchase history, but when I click on the gamelink it doesnt give me an install option, just an option to buy it again.

Tried going through the Xbox game companion but it doesnt work through that either.

Same microsoft account being used throughout.

:)

JCombs85, Mar 4, 2021
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

I can't get out of the Minecraft Windows 10 Beta

Hello Marshmellow,

Do you own the PC version of Minecraft? If not you only have the beta and wont be able to upgrade unless you purchase the regular Minecraft for windows 10. If you do own the PC version of Minecraft you should be able to upgrade to the Minecraft windows 10
    edition for free. Check this website on the PC and see if it says to install or purchase.

https://www.microsoft.com/p/minecraft-for-windows-10/9nblggh2jhxj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Thanks,

Brad
  3. XBF George L Win User

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble installing Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. If you have purchased Minecraft: Xbox One Edition that game is not part of our

Xbox Play Anywhere games list
    yet. That means you would have to purchase the Windows 10 version to install it on your Windows 10 PC. Hope this helps
  4. Smwutches Win User

Downloading minecraft

Did you purchase Minecraft or Minecraft for Windows 10? If you went through the website, you may have purchased Minecraft which is for the console, not Minecraft for Windows 10 which is for the PC.
  5. Smwutches Win User

I have minecraft windows 10 edition for the xbox but how do i get it on my computer

Minecraft for the console and Minecraft for Windows 10 are 2 separate purchases. If you have the game for your console, you would need to purchase Minecraft for Windows 10 in order to play it on the PC.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition xbox to pc

Minecraft for Windows 10 is only for the PC. If you purchased and played on the Xbox, then you own the Xbox version of Minecraft. You would need to purchase Minecraft for Windows 10 in order to play it on the PC.
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 purchased but can't install - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows purchased

2. Purchasing a subscription in Minecraft Bedrock for Windows !0 for XBOX realms

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchasing a subscription in Minecraft Bedrock for Windows !0 for XBOX realms: Hi we are trying to purchase a subscription to the 2 player realm server so that my son can play online with his friends. We get as far as clicking on the button to buy then it just says you need...
  3. Can't play minecraft windows 10 edition after purchasing

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play minecraft windows 10 edition after purchasing: When i launch minecraft windows 10 edition, it says sign in, when i click sign in it prompts me to unlock the full game, i payed for the game and installed it, but no way to bypass this problem, i...
  4. Purchase Minecraft Java from Windows Store but No confirmation or in Order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchase Minecraft Java from Windows Store but No confirmation or in Order history: We bought Minecraft Java Edition from the Minecraft trial referal button. There is no confirmation or order history to be found. We wrote to Minecraft Help (3x times), they say this: After...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 edition not purchased in store, but is in Xbox companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition not purchased in store, but is in Xbox companion app: I bought Java edition a few years back and it came with a free Windows 10 version. The windows 10 version shows up no problem and runs with my user account on my laptop. I got a new pc and the...
  6. Just purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and can't install it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Just purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and can't install it?: Ok so I just bought Minecraft windows 10 edition and I am unable to download it. When I try I get a message saying this, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your...
  7. Minecoins missing after purchasing 'Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection'

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecoins missing after purchasing 'Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection': I just purchased the starter collection for my child and the 700 minecoins have not shown up in his account. All of the skin packs, texture pack, and Greek Mythology mash-up pack are showing up,...
  8. Purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Ed, but when I click on Install/Play it won't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Ed, but when I click on Install/Play it won't...: I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Ed through my Microsoft account. When I log in to my account I can see the purchase. I also see my own 2 devices listed, but not my granddaughter's new...
  9. Cannot Play Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Play Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Hi, I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition starter pack and after sttruggling to get it to download and install, we were able to play. Now, when we start the application, it asks us to...
  10. Minecraft starter collection window 10 recurring purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft starter collection window 10 recurring purchase: I purchased minecraft for windows 10 starter collection and I thought it was a one time purchase. I couldn't see anything about the subscription or repeating charge. When I looked on my chase, the...