Minecraft for Windows 10 Redemption Code Fraud. What to do?

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 Redemption Code Fraud. What to do? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just spent a lot of time on the phone with Microsoft support for nothing. Hopefully someone can help. Wanted to install Minecraft for Windows 10,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rafael_Rdz, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Rafael_Rdz
    Rafael_Rdz Guest

I just spent a lot of time on the phone with Microsoft support for nothing.

Hopefully someone can help.

Wanted to install Minecraft for Windows 10, I own Minecraft for Java since 2014, so I went to the Mojang Website, since my friend told me I could play with him on the Windows 10 version if I redeem.

Logged in at Mojang, and I see the Gift Code for Minecraft for Windows 10 was redeemed on Feb 24, 2018, went to check in my Windows 10 device at the Microsoft Store app under My Library, All Owned, to see if Minecraft is there, but it isn't.

I try to redeem the code again, but I can't since it says it has been redeemed.

Got on the phone with Microsoft support but they claim there is nothing they can do. Asked them if they can undo the redemption, no luck, ask what account redeemed it, they can't tell me.

We tried to verify another email I have, it's not that one. Asked her to give me the first letter of the email that redeemed, she can't do that.

Support person mentioned she things I just don't remember the email that I redeemed with.

Told her this might be fraud and I needed help, she can't do anything.

I wanted to talk to a supervisor and she wont transfer me.

I told them if this is fraud, then I need to talk to someone that deals with fraud, but the support lady said there is nothing they can do.

Asked her to talk to another agent, she said she can't transfer me.

Hung up.

:)

Rafael_Rdz, Jul 22, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Rafael

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are having an issue with a code you received for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

In regards to this, there is no way to transfer content in between accounts. On the Xbox 360 there was a way to

transfer licenses in between consoles
    , but this only pertained to Xbox 360 content.

On the Xbox One, the only way share content is using the
    Home Xbox
    Features, which allows others on your console to make use of your digital games and Xbox subscription.

On the Xbox Forums, we don't have the tools necessary for us to identify the account that your token was redeemed on, and we would have to implore you to contact

Xbox Customer Support
    once more, as they can find where the code is, but without you have access to the verification methods on the account, they would be unable to assist you with identifying the account so you can reset your password if need be to gain
    access once more and use that copy of Minecraft.

I understand that you had a difficult experience, but speaking with an Xbox representative would be your best bet to get you back on track with recovering that lost account.

This can be done by following these steps:

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select Billing and accounts then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue – Can't redeem a code
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Request a call from Support

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this may have incurred.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft

When you redeemed your Java Minecraft on Mojang, you have gotten a 5x5 code to redeem Minecraft on the Windows 10 store.

This redemption is a separate service of your Mojang account, and it's possible to use a Microsoft Account email that is different from your Mojang account email.

Mojang (which gives you Java Minecraft) is separate from the Microsoft Windows Store App, which uses a Microsoft Account email when you redeemed that 5x5 code.

After redemption of that code, the Windows 10 Minecraft is tied to the Microsoft Account email you used on your Windows 10 PC. From then on, you don't really need the Mojang account anymore, if you only want to play on Windows 10. You will then get the game
    from the Windows 10 store only, with the E-Mail account you used on the Windows 10 store during code redemption.

So make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft Account email (which might not necessarily be the Mojang account email) when you use the Windows 10 Store app to re-download your Windows 10 Minecraft again.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft

Please make sure you are using the same email on Windows 10 that you used when you redeemed your Windows 10 Minecraft.

Open the Windows Store app, and click on the thee dots menu in the upper right. Choose your library, and look for your Windows 10 version.

If you are unable to find your Windows 10 version there, make double sure you are using the correct Microsoft Account email to access the store.

If you use a different email, you are basically a new customer who never bought Minecraft in the first place.

Purchases and code redemptions are tied to the email you used to buy/redeem a game.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free code given out by Mojang not working

Hi Fraying,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

This is quoted directly from Mojang's "Minecraft for Windows 10" support article about the process to redeem this code, "Players
    who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into
    account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October
    19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page."

So it's not generating a token but still opening a Microsoft redemption page? Is that correct?

Have you migrated your Minecraft account to a Mojang account? And are you logged into the right Microsoft Account when the redemption page opens? Also quoted from the same article, "If you have an older Minecraft account (you still log
    in with your username), visit this article to find out about account migration. Once you’ve
    migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10.

You must be signed into a Microsoft/Xbox Live account in order to redeem the code. Please note that you cannot move the license once the code has been redeemed. Your code is saved on your Mojang account page for future reference."

Let us know the process you are going through to claim a token and if you meet all of these requirements to obtain a token for Minecraft Windows 10 edition from Mojang.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Учетная запись, журнал заказов.[Account, order log.]

Hi Vater2012,

Thanks for your post! I see you've purchased a code for Minecraft Windows 10 edition, we recommend purchasing games from the

Microsoft Store
    or a reputable retailer. To redeem a code by Microsoft, usually a 25 digit token separated by hyphens in increments of 5; check out our
    Redemption Website. For your question on installation, here is an article that shows exactly how a game purchased on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10:

How to install games on Windows 10

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 Redemption Code Fraud. What to do? - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows Redemption

2. Minecraft for Windows 10 error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 error: He descargado Minecraft en mi pc todo hiba bien pero un rato en que juego la pantalla se traba y se pone negro, no me deja hacer nada es muy molesto ya que pasa cada 20 minutos y tengo que...
  3. Minecraft windows 10 world constantly loading while my friend can still join and play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft windows 10 world constantly loading while my friend can still join and play: The title explain it all but I've tried everything to get this world back, me and my friends have poured countless hours into it and it's weird to see that it just ended up that way...
  4. Minecraft windows 10 edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft windows 10 edition: Can i un-redeem a code that i have already used(i want to give my game to a family member) 58faf103-dac8-44d6-9ae7-3cc5a19769c0
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Sound problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Sound problem: I recently redeemed the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, but I can't play it due to a really awful audio bug -- upon launching the game I hear a loud white noise / static buzz through my headset...
  6. Problem to redeem a gift code of Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem to redeem a gift code of Minecraft Windows 10 edition: I went to the Mojang account and entered. In my profile there was a code, at the bottom, to redeem the version of minecraft pe for Windows 10; free for all users who had purchased minecraft before...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Won't Connect to Added Servers (ver. 1.12.0)

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Won't Connect to Added Servers (ver. 1.12.0): Been trying to fix this issue for a while with no luck. I can connect to friends and join promoted servers, but can't join any servers I try to add. Added servers get stuck on "locating server"...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Starter - Login Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Starter - Login Problem: When I click the Log In button in Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Edition, I get a Failed Login message: "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft account, but something went wrong" Whenever I try...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Hello I'm currently playing a game called Minecraft and I am not able to talk in one specific server. I can other servers but for some reason I cannot it this one server. I believe I have been...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition: Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition? Thanks...