Minecraft java edition skins not working.

Discus and support Minecraft java edition skins not working. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello im writing on behalf of a family member. they purchased minecraft java edition after the change over to microsoft accounts for logins and have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Protitan20xx, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Protitan20xx
    Protitan20xx Guest

hello im writing on behalf of a family member. they purchased minecraft java edition after the change over to microsoft accounts for logins and have been unable to change thier skin in game at all. the profile shows the new skin in both the launcher and on minecraft.net however in game still only shows steve.

having now looked for month for a solution ive seen nothing but others with the same issues.

from what i can tell it only effects users that have bought the game since the account migration as users that bought the game even a month before dont seem to have the same issue.

weve tried everything at this point but no matter what they are stuck with steve.

before asking:

1) yes the skin is correctly sized

2) ive tested on my account and said skin works perfectly.

3) weve installed 4+ times it did nothing

4) they are online

:)

Protitan20xx, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Paddel06 Win User

Minecraft Earth Skin

The skin is only usable on the Bedrock Editions of Minecraft, so you cannot use it in the Java Edition.

You will get a code through email which can be entered on
    redeem.microsoft.com
    , after which you can download the skin as a DLC for the Windows 10 or Xbox Edition of Minecraft.
  3. Protitan20xx Win User

hello. i have already reached out to mojang abou the issue however i thought it would be appropriate to also reach out to microsoft since the issue seems directly related to the migration to microsoft emails that recently happened. as well as the fact that microsoft owns mojang and minecraft.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Yes, Microsoft owns Mojang but they operate a different support unit to address in-game issues like this
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you reach out to Minecraft support for assistance on this issue. You can do that here https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  6. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
Thema:

1. Minecraft java edition skins not working. - Similar Threads - Minecraft java edition

2. Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It: TL ; DR - I have tried every conceivable thing I can to get access to Minecraft Java Edition, a game I payed full price for, because my Gamepass Subscription expired and locked me out of being...
  3. FPS problem with Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS problem with Minecraft Java Edition: I used to play Minecraft on really high FPS with 12 chunk render. No lag, just perfect. But yesterday, I downloaded it again (I'm playing on the same version 1.12.2) but it's so laggy when I run...
  4. Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...: I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on our PC for my son and followed the steps to download it, but it keeps stopping at this "Please sign into the Microsoft Store" error message. (see first...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition purchase issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition purchase issue: Recently i bought minecraft java edition but in the progress site gave an error but when i check my credit card it took the money and i cant play it 19cfe2b5-bef1-4814-b71c-9b9bd689ab4e
  6. Minecraft Java Edition Assistance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Assistance: Hello, I bought a Minecraft account back when it was still Mojang accounts. The account is linked to my parent's email address, and I used to be able to play just fine. I recently migrated my...
  7. Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work: Hello, I got my friend a Minecraft: Java Edition gift card for his b-day, when he tried to put it in, it stated that it was invalid or already claimed. This was brand-new and it was not scratched...
  8. Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.: Title. Also I did the whole account migration and everything worked fine until I tried to log in specifically last night. Is this something that can be fixed or some sort of weird marketing...
  9. Minecraft Java Edition, wont let me play online in any way after just migrated to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition, wont let me play online in any way after just migrated to a...: Hi! I have just migrated from a Mojang-acount to Microsoft and I'm not allowed to play online. It says "Mulitplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings". Why is this and how...
  10. After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.: I've downloaded the new launcher. I've logged into my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted my computer. I need Microsoft to set my Java Edition properly. Has anyone else had this problem?...