Minecraft Java edition tells me to buy it again after migrating to Microsoft account

Discus and support Minecraft Java edition tells me to buy it again after migrating to Microsoft account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Minecraft Java edition account I bought years ago tells me to buy the game again after migrating to Microsoft. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RIVV, Dec 5, 2021.

1. RIVV
    RIVV Guest

Minecraft Java edition tells me to buy it again after migrating to Microsoft account

My Minecraft Java edition account I bought years ago tells me to buy the game again after migrating to Microsoft. Any suggestions?

:)

RIVV, Dec 5, 2021
  2. BahadourAf. Win User

No access to Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating account to Microsoft

No access to Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating account to Microsoft
  3. Francia J. Win User

On your launcher, can you please try to click buy and check what options you will have after that?

No worries, you will re-purchase it again, we will just check what options you will have.
  4. RIVV Win User

Thank you for a fast response.

I only have 1 Microsoft account, when I try to log in with my Mojang account, it tells me to use my Microsoft account that I migrated to. Minecraft net shows my Minecraft player name correctly with my Microsoft account below. The website also tells me to download it because I already own it. After downloading it, the launcher tells me to buy it, that's the problem here. The new, recommended launcher also has a message on the bottom saying: ''Oh no! Something went wrong and we couldn't connect to Minecraft services''. Clicking ''try again'' does nothing.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi RIVV, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

There are the necessary steps that we need to perform if in case we were asked to re-purchase Minecraft Java Edition after migrating:

1. Please double-check you are logging in to the same Microsoft account you used to migrate your Mojang account.

2. Make sure you are not logging in with your Mojang account. Migrated accounts will only be able to log in with your Microsoft account.

Once confirmed, kindly sign out then restart your PC before signing back in.
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Disconnect Minecraft account from Microsoft Account

Thema:

1. Minecraft Java edition tells me to buy it again after migrating to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java edition

2. Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not download Minecraft Java Edition--keeps getting hung up on wanting me to sign into...: I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on our PC for my son and followed the steps to download it, but it keeps stopping at this "Please sign into the Microsoft Store" error message. (see first...
  3. Minecraft Java Edition purchase issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition purchase issue: Recently i bought minecraft java edition but in the progress site gave an error but when i check my credit card it took the money and i cant play it 19cfe2b5-bef1-4814-b71c-9b9bd689ab4e
  4. Minecraft Java Edition Assistance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Assistance: Hello, I bought a Minecraft account back when it was still Mojang accounts. The account is linked to my parent's email address, and I used to be able to play just fine. I recently migrated my...
  5. Minecraft java edition skins not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft java edition skins not working.: hello im writing on behalf of a family member. they purchased minecraft java edition after the change over to microsoft accounts for logins and have been unable to change thier skin in game at...
  6. Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work: Hello, I got my friend a Minecraft: Java Edition gift card for his b-day, when he tried to put it in, it stated that it was invalid or already claimed. This was brand-new and it was not scratched...
  7. Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.: Title. Also I did the whole account migration and everything worked fine until I tried to log in specifically last night. Is this something that can be fixed or some sort of weird marketing...
  8. Minecraft Java Edition, wont let me play online in any way after just migrated to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition, wont let me play online in any way after just migrated to a...: Hi! I have just migrated from a Mojang-acount to Microsoft and I'm not allowed to play online. It says "Mulitplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings". Why is this and how...
  9. After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.: I've downloaded the new launcher. I've logged into my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted my computer. I need Microsoft to set my Java Edition properly. Has anyone else had this problem?...
  10. Minecraft Java Edition when logged in does not show purchase

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition when logged in does not show purchase: I am unable to login through Mojang through a password reset. When I login through my Microsoft login it displays 3 usernames including a Mojang which I do not appear to have access to. On the...