Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall

Discus and support Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. i downloaded minecraft java edition previously and it worked fine, until i had completed microsoft account migration. When i open minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nyu2, May 28, 2022.

1. nyu2
    nyu2 Guest

Hi. i downloaded minecraft java edition previously and it worked fine, until i had completed microsoft account migration.
    When i open minecraft launcher, it just opens the microsoft store page for "Gaming services."
    ( https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MWPM2CQNLHN )
    I did not have this issue before, and if you read the reviews for this app, you will see others are having similar issue.
    I have uninstalled gaming services and reinstalled it, there is nothing changed.
    (Attempts to install minecraft from Microsoft store errors in "Sorry, something went wrong on our end.")
    I have uninstalled minecraft and reinstalled(from minecraft website), and the installation now fails with error "0xUnknownAppInstall"

I am curious when this issue will be addressed by Microsoft, as it seems to be the cause of these errors...

:)

2. nyu2 Win User

AWESOME thank you! i'm not sure why i did not think to do this. it seemed unusual but it worked just fine, thank you so much!!!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Nice!

Glad that it worked, happy gaming mate!
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Nyu2

Could you try download and install the Launcher marked as Windows 7/8 from this page - https://minecraft.net/download

To see if you're able to use it there or see if the issue persists
  5. peachyheart Win User

The free trial already ends. But it still have the "Free trial" button on the page

6. _Flakker_ Win User

Minecraft. Can't send chat messages.

Java edition and having to reinstall minecraft is something i wanted to avoid due to poor internet.
Thema:

1. Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall - Similar Threads - Minecraft java edition

2. Migrated Mojang account to Microsoft, now cannot play Minecraft JAVA Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated Mojang account to Microsoft, now cannot play Minecraft JAVA Edition: Hello, I recently migrated (against my desire and better judgment) my Mojang account to my Microsoft account. Immediately, I lost the ability to play Minecraft Java Edition on my Windows 10 PC. I...
  3. Can't play Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Minecraft Java Edition: Hello everyone, I bought Minecraft Java Edition recently. Since I bought it I haven't been able to play it at all. The payment went through, I received a TXID (but no confirmation email?) the...
  4. Cannot redeem Minecraft Bedrock Edition despite having Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem Minecraft Bedrock Edition despite having Minecraft Java Edition: After Minecraft Java Edition and Bedrock Edition were merged, they gave out Bedrock Edition to users who already own Java Edition. On the store, it would show 'get' instead of 'buy' for users who...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition Can't Change Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Can't Change Accounts: Hi, I'm having trouble changing accounts. I saw a reply to someone else with a similar issue but I'm having more problems. First of all, when I click on change accounts in the sign in options it...
  6. Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition: I don't have the bedrock version for Minecraft even though i own Java Edition. I've uninstalled 3 times, and made sure to install the "Java & Bedrock" version but it only shows it for a second...
  7. Can't install minecraft java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't install minecraft java edition: Hi there, I recently purchased a laptop of my own and when I tried to boot up minecraft java edition it only says that the trial version is available. I bought java edition on my regular computer...
  8. I buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, where can i get free Java Edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, where can i get free Java Edition?: Hello, i just buy Minecraft Windows Edition and where can i get free Minecraft Java Edition? Because there is says: Buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, get free Java Edition as a bonus!...
  9. Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Java Edition: Hello, I was bored and wanted to play with my friends. So I spent 32 dollars on Minecraft Java. After I bought it I didn't play because my friend was making me a skin. So after a few hours of that...
  10. Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java edition: I brought the game to play with friends and have a fun experience but I can't do that because of my account age. I want to play servers like hypixel which is what I brought the game for. I feel...