Minecraft java won't load using launcher.

Discus and support Minecraft java won't load using launcher. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; New install. It starts to download the update then crashes without notification. Poof, gone. I tried allocating more machine and video memory. Debian... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoneNope1, May 19, 2022.

1. NoneNope1
    NoneNope1 Guest

New install. It starts to download the update then crashes without notification. Poof, gone. I tried allocating more machine and video memory. Debian OS in VM using VirtualBox.

:)

NoneNope1, May 19, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Ok, and if I understand correctly you are not able anymore of running the game outside the virtualbox right?
  3. NoneNope1 Win User

I can but I'd need to reinstall the other HD and put Debian back on it. I just don't want it installed on a daily driver. I might try a live version and see if I can run Minecraft on that. I didn't keep the old Minecraft debs to see if it's the new version causing the problem.

Anyhow, thanks for your time.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You don't have a graphic card on the physical PC?

The virtual machine is also running Linux?
  5. NoneNope1 Win User

Thanks for the reply.

It ran on this computer during a test run with a different hard drive and Debian. Right now both, the host and VM are running Debian Linux and VirtualBox. The computer is a HP Elitedesk with a I7 processor and 32G vid mem. For as the brand of everything, no idea.

I let the launcher sit for 30 mins without hitting the play button. No problems. After hitting the play button the launcher will start downloading files. About 30 secs after starting the download the launcher will crash. After letting the VM sit a couple minutes I will finally get "GLFW error 65543: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig". I gave the VM 16G vid RAM and 6G machine mem. The launcher crashes connected or disconnected from the internet. I'm going to visit HP to see if there are different drivers since the error is pointing to drivers. I didn't do anything special when I ran a test before.

I don't trust MS products and don't want the game connected to the internet after it's up and running. MS isn't known for privacy and unwanted access to the machines their products are running on.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi NoneNope1! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried using the game outside the virtual Machine?

Do you see any error message?

Could you share your Pc specifications, the physical and the virtual one
Thema:

1. Minecraft java won't load using launcher. - Similar Threads - Minecraft java won't

2. Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft java edition Won't Open, or reinstall: Hi. i downloaded minecraft java edition previously and it worked fine, until i had completed microsoft account migration. When i open minecraft launcher, it just opens the microsoft store page...
  3. MInecraft Java Won't Let Me Play Multiplayer After Migrating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MInecraft Java Won't Let Me Play Multiplayer After Migrating: I recently migrated my account, but it changed my username and won't let me play multiplayer, any link I follow to even try to change it brings me to here:...
  4. Minecraft Java Edition, Offline mode and won't start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition, Offline mode and won't start.: Good day! My Minecraft is working fine when I'm using the Mojang account, but then when I migrate it to Microsoft it's still working fine but there's a problem. When I changed my primary email to...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition Won't Let me join multiplayer on my Mac OS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition Won't Let me join multiplayer on my Mac OS: Hey guys, like the title says, whenever I try to play Minecraft, it says I can't join multiplayer due to my Microsoft permissions. The problem is I should have, as I took a bunch of steps to allow...
  6. Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It: TL ; DR - I have tried every conceivable thing I can to get access to Minecraft Java Edition, a game I payed full price for, because my Gamepass Subscription expired and locked me out of being...
  7. Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition Code Won't Work: Hello, I got my friend a Minecraft: Java Edition gift card for his b-day, when he tried to put it in, it stated that it was invalid or already claimed. This was brand-new and it was not scratched...
  8. Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL: Hello, I have recently reinstalled 8.1 and downloaded the Minecraft launcher but whenever I try to play, it tells me that my drivers aren't compatible with OpenGL. Can someone help me? Thanks!...
  9. It won't let me login to Minecraft Java Anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won't let me login to Minecraft Java Anymore: Hi, I've been trying to get into my Minecraft Java account a few weeks before 1.18 came out. I currently use my father's email address to login since I got Minecraft many years ago (it's actually...
  10. I purchased Minecraft Java for my PC and my microsoft account won't log me in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Minecraft Java for my PC and my microsoft account won't log me in: I purchased minecraft java and minecraf.net linked to my microsoft account and I downloaded 1.6.93. When it asks for login info I type in my microsoft login info and it keeps saying I don't have...