Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

Discus and support Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Title. Also I did the whole account migration and everything worked fine until I tried to log in specifically last night. Is this something that can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Firehawk894., Jan 13, 2022.

1. Firehawk894.
    Firehawk894. Guest

Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

Title.

Also I did the whole account migration and everything worked fine until I tried to log in specifically last night.

Is this something that can be fixed or some sort of weird marketing scheme where they try to make you buy the game you already bought?

:)

Firehawk894., Jan 13, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Firehawk894, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly sign out your account on Minecraft Launcher then restart your PC before signing back in and make sure to choose "Microsoft Login".

If the same issue occurs, kindly click the "buy" option and check what options you will have from there.
  3. Francia J. Win User

4. Firehawk894. Win User

Logging out, restarting and logging back in didn't work.

Clicking the buy option presents me with the following:

[​IMG]

Clicking dismiss does what you'd expect.

Clicking "Switch account" kicks me back out to the login screen, where trying to log in with my Mojang account tells me that it was already migrated. Logging in with the supposed migrated account results in what you see above.

And for obvious reasons I'm not clicking to buy the game again when I already own a copy
  5. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  6. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

When I click buy from the Minecraft launcher it takes me to this website https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition?ref=Launcher I'm not logged in and it has the option to purchase Minecraft but after logging in to the that website with same Microsoft account that I had logged into the Minecraft launcher with the purchase option is replaced with Already own Minecraft? Download it again. and the launcher download button.
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years. - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher saying

2. New Minecraft Launcher wont open at all after pc reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Minecraft Launcher wont open at all after pc reset: Im at a loss here, been tying everything. I reset my pc the other day and now the new minecraft launcher will not open at all. and before the reset it worked fine. I really have no clue what is...
  3. Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL: Hello, I have recently reinstalled 8.1 and downloaded the Minecraft launcher but whenever I try to play, it tells me that my drivers aren't compatible with OpenGL. Can someone help me? Thanks!...
  4. (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore: A little while ago I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and everything seemed to be fine. Time passes and I'm on a trip using my laptop to try and play some Minecraft. When I...
  5. The Launcher Says I Haven't Bought Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Launcher Says I Haven't Bought Minecraft: I recently migrated to a Microsoft account on Minecraft: Java Edition and everything went well, I could still play the game. But the other day I changed my email address on my Microsoft account...
  6. Minecraft Launcher no longer says I own minecraft after migrating.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Launcher no longer says I own minecraft after migrating.: So I migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account and everything worked fine while I was in my web browser. I set my gamertag and everything was fine, I even had the special migration cape,...
  7. Minecraft launcher says that i dont own minecraft: java edition AFTER MIGRATING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher says that i dont own minecraft: java edition AFTER MIGRATING: so this is a problem I'm having for the past few weeks basically i migrated my java account , everything went well, i got the cape and i even got a email saying that the migration process was...
  8. I bought the Minecraft Dungeons "Flames of the Nether" DLC, but my launcher is saying I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought the Minecraft Dungeons "Flames of the Nether" DLC, but my launcher is saying I...: The situation is super strange. When I click on "Buy now" in the launcher, I get sent to the Minecraft Dungeons website. For some reason, this website says I do not own the game yet, even though I...
  9. Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher: 1. I redeemed a gift code for a copy of Minecraft Dungeons with my MS account 2. On my PC I log in to my MS account (same as in step 1) in the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher 3. I click on Minecraft...
  10. Minecraft Launcher says my password is incorrect

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher says my password is incorrect: I have tried reseting my password many times and I even copied and pasted my password, yet the Minecraft launcher says my password is incorrect. What do I do? ef617390-4176-4a09-889b-4f5fb3638327