Minecraft launcher says that i dont own minecraft: java edition AFTER MIGRATING

Discus and support Minecraft launcher says that i dont own minecraft: java edition AFTER MIGRATING in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so this is a problem I'm having for the past few weeks basically i migrated my java account , everything went well, i got the cape and i even got a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TechMaker, Sep 20, 2021.

1. TechMaker
    TechMaker Guest

so this is a problem I'm having for the past few weeks

basically i migrated my java account , everything went well, i got the cape and i even got a email saying that the migration process was complete and my Mojang

account was successfully been migrated to a Microsoft account

so i went on my Minecraft launcher and clicked Microsoft login, signed in with my Microsoft account that was linked to my Minecraft account and i saw a massage saying that I don't own java edition and i should buy one and i only can play the demo version.

so I said to myself: maybe this is a problem with me ! so i went one the website and i even got the cape , everything was fine on the web browser i even reinstalled the launcher and my whole Minecraft files i doubled check if i was logged on the same Microsoft account i even did the whole process with a VPN thinking that was gonna fix my problem

and nothing seems to work!

I contacted Mojang support they said it wasn't their problem

for the love of god Microsoft please fix my problem

:)

TechMaker, Sep 20, 2021
  2. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  3. TechMaker Win User

I would appreciate that!

can you please do that?
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey mate, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, this is happening quite a lot mate. :/

Is a glitch with the migration indeed, regarding the licenses of Minecraft.

Try to log out of the Launcher. Log in with your new Microsoft account, not your old Mojang account. Note carefully the labels on the login form.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? I could redirect you to Microsoft directly, so they could look into it. Because this has been happening quite a lot, mate.
  6. TechMaker Win User

thanks for replying

I tried that ALOT of times

still nothing got fixed
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher says that i dont own minecraft: java edition AFTER MIGRATING - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher says

2. Can't sign in to Minecraft from the Minecraft launcher any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign in to Minecraft from the Minecraft launcher any more: I just migrated my account to Microsoft and now I can't play Minecraft from the Minecraft launcher. Is there another way to get into Minecraft? When I try to play from the Minecraft launcher it...
  3. Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft: I changed my gamertag but whille it shows changed in Minecraft Launcher it's not changed in minecraft itself(when I play in multiplayer the username is still the previous one...
  4. Minecraft Launcher ( Java Edition ) Problem * Please help! *

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher ( Java Edition ) Problem * Please help! *: So I downloaded/bought Minecraft and I was trying to get mods so I downloaded the Minecraft launcher. When I did this, I tried to play but it said only demo so I clicked on demo and it said I only...
  5. I bought the Minecraft Dungeons "Flames of the Nether" DLC, but my launcher is saying I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought the Minecraft Dungeons "Flames of the Nether" DLC, but my launcher is saying I...: The situation is super strange. When I click on "Buy now" in the launcher, I get sent to the Minecraft Dungeons website. For some reason, this website says I do not own the game yet, even though I...
  6. Mojang Minecraft Legacy Launcher (Windows XP and Vista)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mojang Minecraft Legacy Launcher (Windows XP and Vista): Hello, I am aware that those who migrated from a mojang account to a micrsoft one or who directly bought it from a microsoft one, cannot log into the Minecraft Legacy Launcher, and that those who...
  7. Minecraft Dungeons doesn't show up on Xbox Launcher and more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons doesn't show up on Xbox Launcher and more: Well, I got 2 issues currently. The first is that whenever I try to download Dungeons on Minecraft Launcher, it won't allow me. I bought the game just when it was released, like a few days ago....
  8. Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher: I need need help Minecraft launcher won't work and I tried vista but the passwords are wrong but work with every other Microsoft device I need help and want to play mc....
  9. Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher: 1. I redeemed a gift code for a copy of Minecraft Dungeons with my MS account 2. On my PC I log in to my MS account (same as in step 1) in the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher 3. I click on Minecraft...
  10. Minecraft Launcher says my password is incorrect

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher says my password is incorrect: I have tried reseting my password many times and I even copied and pasted my password, yet the Minecraft launcher says my password is incorrect. What do I do? ef617390-4176-4a09-889b-4f5fb3638327