Minecraft Locating Server issues

Discus and support Minecraft Locating Server issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I recently played Minecraft with my friends on creative with a few mods and then I was able to join just fine but then after I left and came back... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mario646637, May 12, 2022.

1. Mario646637
    Mario646637 Guest

Hello I recently played Minecraft with my friends on creative with a few mods and then I was able to join just fine but then after I left and came back I would be stuck on a locating server screen we tried removing the mods reinstalling the mods making a copy and nothing has worked I have restarted my computer multiple times and reinstalled Minecraft so I don't know if this is a permanent bug or if there's a fix it is also updated to the latest version

:)

Mario646637, May 12, 2022
  2. rociscool Win User

Minecraft Locating Server Issue

This is also a problem for the PS4 Bedrock version.This has also been happening to be. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, backing up saves deleting them and downloading them for months but nothing has worked. Is there any fix to this
    seeming as it's been happening for at least a year
  3. Jamesgroux Win User

I belive I'm just using the normal version, idrk what it is
  4. bowski477 Win User

Are you in the Minecraft beta or insider program?
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Minecraft Locating Server issue

Hello @Sem de Groot I hope that you are doing well!

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently facing server issues. But don't worry, the following troubleshooting steps will fix the issue.

Step 1: Clear Mac address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Step 2: Close any running games:

To remove download constraints from games or apps being installed, you can either wait for the Xbox to suspend the running game, or you can force games to close by doing the following:

1. On the Home screen, navigate to your most recently run game.
    2. With the game highlighted, press the Menu button and select Quit.
    Step 3: Remove your account:

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm then re-add your account.

Step 4: Reset your console:

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

Step 5: Check your NAT type:

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

Step 6: Check your internet connection:

In case the issue still persists, please try connecting to a different network, or perhaps using a hotspot momentarily to just sync your worlds and then connecting to your home network once more.

Step7: Troubleshoot Multiplayer connection errors:

If the issue persists, I highly recommend checking the link below for further assistance:

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Mario

May I know if this issue is happening with this specific server?
Thema:

1. Minecraft Locating Server issues - Similar Threads - Minecraft Locating Server

2. Minecraft is stuck on 'Locating Server'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is stuck on 'Locating Server': Hello, I recently started having this issue where Minecraft gets stuck on the 'locating server' screen and it loads on and on with no success when joining a friend's server. For a while it worked...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Edition - "Stuck on Locating Server"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition - "Stuck on Locating Server": One of my friends is hosting a Minecraft server through Apex Hosting, we're all playing on the Bedrock / Windows Edition. Today I was able to join the server with no issues at all, until about 2...
  4. When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock): So i've been playing minecraft on my computer for a while now, it runs just fine, i can join my friends and they can join me, no problem at all. But, whenever i try to join my friend's world it...
  5. Minecraft on Switch stuck on « locating server »

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Switch stuck on « locating server »: Hi, I’m playing Minecraft on Nintendo Switch and my friend can’t join my world (she’s playing on Switch too). I’m able to join her world bu when she tries to join mine, it get stuck on «...
  6. Minecraft locating server infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft locating server infinitely: I have been playing on a world with my friend and one day after i disconnected from his world and tried to join back it didnt let me join back. Every time I try to join his world is just says...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock Edition stuck on "locating server"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition stuck on "locating server": Hey, Yesterday after i updated Minecraft bedrock edition to 1.18.2 and ever since after that update i haven't been able to join my girlfriends world. It every time says "locating server" while...
  8. Minecraft Windows10/Bedrock edition - Stuck on "locating server" screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows10/Bedrock edition - Stuck on "locating server" screen: Hi there, I cannot seem to connect to my friends server. I have been able to play fine for the last few days, however when I tried to connect this morning it is getting stuck on the "locating...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 - Stuck in Locating Server (HAPPENED TWICE.)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 - Stuck in Locating Server (HAPPENED TWICE.): Hello everyone, About a month ago, when attempting to join a friend's creative Minecraft world (he was hosting it on Xbox One Minecraft Bedrock Edition), my screen would say "Locating Server" for...
  10. minecraft stuck with "locating server" screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft stuck with "locating server" screen: so i've been playing minecraft on the switch for a while now, it runs fine- i can join my friends and they can join me, no problem at all. though, whenever i try to join my brother's world it gets...